Britney on Broadway...

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#25re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:08pm

The singing, she'd need a LOT of work to get the stamina. The dancing, obviously not a problem.

Age? HUGE problem. What are they thinking?? Applegate is too young, and she's 10 years older!!

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#26re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:11pm

It's the Weisslers. I imagine not much thought was involved in the casting.
Updated On: 11/18/05 at 04:11 PM

iheartcheyenne123 Profile Photo
iheartcheyenne123
#27re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:11pm

OMG!! this is sooooo badd...uhhhh! BRITANY IN SWEET CHARITY?? ooo nooo.....and KEVIN too? what has this world come to? isn't she supposed to be taking care of her new baby?

i saw something on the news that said "New name on Broadway" and it's on at 5...so i guess it's Britany

--Alex-- "They're singing, "Happy Birthday" You just wanna lay down and cry Not just another birthday, it's 30/90 Why can't you stay 29 Hell, you still feel like you're 22 Turn 30 in 1990 Bang! You're dead, what can you do?" --TTB

Di2
#28re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:14pm

holy f*ck..

are you kidding me..

unbelievable..

Way to go Broadway for the ultimate SELL OUT!

katygrace84 Profile Photo
katygrace84
#29re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:14pm

I'm actually not so worried about Kevin's performance. And at least he'd have to clean up appearance-wise in order to be in the show. I'm actually more worried about what he's going to do with the female ensemble members when Brit's not looking. Of course, then she might divore him. Hmmmm...this could work out in her favor after all!

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#30re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:15pm

I mean, I would say the Weissler's should have her go in as Roxie for 6 weeks to try her out, but to put her DIRECTLY into Charity? It just doesn't make sense. Or let her do Belle in Beauty And The Beast. And what is Britney REALLY thinking about the whole thing? "Oh, I get to wear these cute retro costumes and do all these fun dances . . . how COOL! This is SO perfect for me!" If she SERIOUSLY is interested, it shows you how much she doesn't understand about this character.

". . . POP . . ."

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#31re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:17pm

SHE doesn't understand? How about the producers? And the director? Shouldn't THEY be understanding what kind of actress the role calls for?

Oh, wait. They cast Applegate.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

IveGottaBeME
#32re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:18pm

this would be awesome. she could probably dance better than christina and her voice is probably just as strong. acting?? ehh, i dunno. but it's freaking BRITNEY SPEARS

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#33re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:19pm

This production clearly has no idea what Sweet Charity is about. THe Weisslers see $$$ signs, not artistic merit.

iheartcheyenne123 Profile Photo
iheartcheyenne123
#34re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:20pm

"SHE doesn't understand? How about the producers? And the director? Shouldn't THEY be understanding what kind of actress the role calls for?"

agree....what has gotten into their heads???

"Oh, wait. They cast Applegate."

haha..but i'm sure britney would be a lot worse..

--Alex-- "They're singing, "Happy Birthday" You just wanna lay down and cry Not just another birthday, it's 30/90 Why can't you stay 29 Hell, you still feel like you're 22 Turn 30 in 1990 Bang! You're dead, what can you do?" --TTB

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#35re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:20pm

Correct. And as long as that was established 6 months ago, why not keep with it!

But in all seriousness, I hope this works out.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#36re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:21pm

Then The Wedding Singer can have the Martin Beck.

RentBoy86
#37re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:21pm

Weird. I think Charity would def. have a big drop-off if Britney was out for a week or for a day even. Although, it kind of makes sense. She's got a baby now, maybe she wants to have a steady job, and do something she enjoys? I won't say she can't do it, i'll buy that she can pull it off. I think maybe it would be good, draw more ppl to Broadway. Isn't it really expensive to change theaters with a show?

Elizadoolittle6
#38re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:22pm

TRUST ME... THIS WONT happen.

ally_kay_on_broadway Profile Photo
ally_kay_on_broadway
#39re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:23pm

*vomit vomit vomit*

"talent is wanting something hard enough to work for it" - my drama teacher :)

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#40re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:23pm

I am SO looking forward to what Forbidden Broadway will do with this one! Can anyone say train wreck?

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#41re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:27pm

Here are the new costumes for Britney:

re: Britney on Broadway...

"I'm a brass band, I'm a harpsichord, I'm a clarinet . . . "

". . . POP . . ."

billygoatgirl300
#42re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:28pm

Oh God kill me now.
As someone said before should she and her husband be at home with her son? Why is it that far more talneted people go under the radar while people like Briteny get cast in anything? We all know she can't sing and we know she can't act.

Besides there is a far more talnted women who is the stand-by right now who should actually be playing the role right now.

Well if it dose happen think of what Forbidden Broadway will do to it.

The towel waving reminded me of a Per?nist rally. I kept chanting "Evita!" whenever they'd pan to the crowds. - SM2

billygoatgirl300
#43re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:28pm

Oh God kill me now.
As someone said before shouldn't she and her husband be at home with her son? Why is it that far more talneted people go under the radar while people like Britney get cast in anything? We all know she can't sing and we know she can't act.

Besides there is a far more talnted women who is the stand-by right now who should actually be playing the role right now.

Well if it does happen think of what Forbidden Broadway will do to it.

The towel waving reminded me of a Per?nist rally. I kept chanting "Evita!" whenever they'd pan to the crowds. - SM2
Updated On: 11/18/05 at 04:28 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#44re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:31pm

""Oh, wait. They cast Applegate."

haha..but i'm sure britney would be a lot worse.. "

I wasn't referring to talent, but type. Applegate is also too young for the role.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#45re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:33pm

Maybe her annoying sister can be her standby.

bwayondabrain
#46re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:34pm

oh no, and my sister thoguht chrisitna was bad...
but maybe ill see it, to say "i saw britney spears on broadway!"
do you think they'll record the cd again, and everything? :)
this is exciting- i actually hope she goes in! then the show will stay open longer!
but ill miss chrsitina... re: Britney on Broadway...

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#47re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:40pm

i think the reason i fear this more than anything else is the fact that britney spears is such a phenomenon within general pop culture that midtown will be literally insane with her there performing 8 times a week.

can you imagine the stage door? it will be like nothing that has been seen before.we've all seen what the crowds that surround idina look like...the tween population would be out of control!

and, of course, although i do enjoy a select few songs of hers (i'm not going to lie), she really just doesn't have what it takes to grace a broadway stage. if i does happen (which i still think is a LONG shot), it should be very interesting.

Cabchic
#48re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:40pm

Will she lip synch?LOL

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#49re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:44pm

Does she know she'll have to perform 8 shows a week?

Videos