Jerby revisits Hairspray/A Donna Vivino Love Thread- Page 2

Jerby revisits Hairspray/A Donna Vivino Love Thread

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#25re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 12/26/05 at 5:35pm

Great! Clean up on Aisle 4!

signed,

pool of mushy goo because that new look sounds HOT!

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#26re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 12/26/05 at 7:53pm

When I saw Hairspray Donna got me focusing on her a lot, and I loved her!

I loved Shannon a lot more than I thought, and I thought she was everything.

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#27re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 12/26/05 at 10:22pm

I just have to add to all the Hairspray love here. The current cast is fantastic! My personal favorite ensemble member is Todd Michel Smith (IQ). He just seems to demand attention whenever he's onstage.

Jerby, I hope you get a chance to see Stephen DeRosa as Wilbur in the future. He and John play off each other so well, and John always manages to crack him up during "Timeless"!

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

PJ
#28re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 1/7/06 at 12:54am

Just thought I'd let any Donna fans know that she has officially left the show. There's a new Shelley now. re: Jerby revisits Hairspray

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#29re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 1/7/06 at 1:03am

Wow, Donna didn't stay in the Broadway company very long. She was wonderful as Shelley. Her picture is still on the website though. Does anyone know who the new Shelley is?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

PJ
#30re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 1/7/06 at 1:17am

I didn't even look at the name long enough to memorize it. But Donna's definitely gone. I work at the Neil Simon tomorrow, so I will be sure to check to see what the name is.

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#31re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 1/7/06 at 3:42pm

i'm really upset about this.

and they just cast a new shelly like a month ago... it must have been short notice. Anyone know if she's (donna) got something new on her plate and thats why she left?

bbroadwaybb Profile Photo
bbroadwaybb
#32re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 1/7/06 at 6:46pm

Incorrect. Donna is on vacation for a week.

She's tall enough to be your mother

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#33re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 1/7/06 at 8:01pm

how do you know, bb? If that's true then thats excellent news! (that she didn't leave the show i mean)

PJ
#34re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:56am

If she's on vacation, why would there be Playbill inserts? She's in the ensemble and there are never inserts when swings go on for regulars.

Either way, here is exactly what the insert says:

"Neil Simon Theatre
Welcomes
Cameron Adams
to the cast

Cameron Adams (Shelley) Broadway: Hairspray (Brenda,) The Music Man (Zaneeta,) Oklahoma!
National Tour: Hairspray
Regional: The most Happy Fella, Hans Christian Andersen.
Film: The Music Man (Zaneeta) ABC/Disney. Love to Aunt Chesta.

flirtandflounce Profile Photo
flirtandflounce
#35re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 1/8/06 at 1:49am

Thats really strange. I saw her on December 28 and she told me that she was going on as Prudy on January 11 (matinee) and that she was also going to possibly go on as Tracy a few times.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#36re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:33am

PJ, I know you work at the theatre, but this same type of notice was in the Playbills in fall 2004 during some temporary cast changes. Hairspray is very good about keeping their website up to date and neither Donna's picture/bio has been deleted or Cameron's added.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

BwayTheatre11
#37re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:47am

The whole "cracking up...I can't stop myself from laughing" thing during Timeless to Me is also on the tour...it is a director's choice.

CCM '10!

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#38re: Jerby revisits Hairspray
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:44pm

cameron adams randomly comes back to the cast to cover roles every now and then.

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

Videos