pixeltracker

Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...- Page 2

Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...

Kgshrauder Profile Photo
Kgshrauder
#25re: Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...
Posted: 1/1/06 at 2:34pm

Horton, I think what Broadwayluva is refering to is that backstage tour of the Gershwin Theatre given by Sean McCourt.

It was 6 hours, I don't even like to have sex and eat bacon for 6 hours.
Freddy Benson- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#26re: Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...
Posted: 1/1/06 at 3:06pm

It wasn't Shoshana who couldn't go up in the harness. I believe it was Jenna Leigh Green.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#27re: Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...
Posted: 1/1/06 at 3:57pm

It has also happened to Stephanie and Eden in LA when the harnest wouldn't lift them so they walked to the middle of the stage and sang.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#28re: Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...
Posted: 1/1/06 at 3:59pm

"It wasn't Shoshana who couldn't go up in the harness. I believe it was Jenna Leigh Green."

this could've happened to Shoshana as well..doesnt mean it didnt happen

PJ
#29re: Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...
Posted: 1/1/06 at 4:02pm

There was a period of time a few months back where every Elphaba, in any given production, was having trouble with the lift. I seriously had never even heard about it happening before it started occurring on tour. Then all of a sudden, it's happening to Shoshana in New York. It doesn't, nor should it, happen very often. But when it does, the guards have different choreography so it appears that Elphaba is unreachable even though she's not "flying."

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#30re: Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...
Posted: 1/1/06 at 7:56pm

i believe that either the guards don't run out or they kinda crawl in the back so it looks like she's sorta flying... ish (think every high school production of this ever when its released)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Broadwayluva Profile Photo
Broadwayluva
#31re: Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...
Posted: 1/2/06 at 12:28pm

jonartdesigns, that's a scary thought re: Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#32re: Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...
Posted: 1/2/06 at 1:17pm

I think the strangest thing that ever happened was when Shoshana was singing, "Flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" and her underwear fell down. Tumbled right to center stage. Priceless.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

hayleyann
#33re: Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...
Posted: 12/11/20 at 2:23pm

Elphabuff2 said: "I have thought about this many, many times and would love to hear of any incidents. I know that Shoshana knocked her hat off once on January 11, 2005. I believe (correct me please if you know) it was right after "...the chance to FLY!" and her reserve body mic picked up around "...back from me!!". Sorry to threadjack. I have heard nothing about a broom. I'm guessing we would've heard by now (?)."

There's video of the Shoshana hat drop.  It definitely takes a few seconds for the body mic to take over, and when she was piped back in she got applause.   Mariand Torres had a broom drop but she's so stunning she sang her butt off and noone cared about the broom lol.  

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#34re: Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...
Posted: 12/11/20 at 3:33pm

Felicia Ricci snapped her broom in two during her very first Defying Gravity in San Francisco. She said it got stuck just as she was getting into the lift she gave it such a violent yank that is broke in two.

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

Videos