pixeltracker

Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being- Page 2

Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being

Buddy Kiss Profile Photo
Buddy Kiss
#25re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being
Posted: 6/4/06 at 9:24pm

I got to meet her after seeing her in Doubt. She was so gracious and kind. I was so star struck though, I couldn't do much besides drool.

It is my firm belief that if Christ does have a bloodline that continues on today- the the Da Vinci Code says- OBVIOUSLY Cherry Jones is one of those decendents...

j/k

sorta

"Wickedness is a term invented by society to account for the curious attractivness of others." -Oscar Wilde

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#26re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being
Posted: 6/14/06 at 1:54pm

Someone was so kind as to introduce me to Cherry a couple of times. She remembered who I was the 2nd time but, in general, the woman is just as kind and generous offstage as she is incredible on.
Very few people are as deserving of the accolades they receive because of their "off-camera" persona. She deserves to be even bigger.

jsrocks
#27re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being
Posted: 6/14/06 at 2:32pm

I really like the way Cherry's voice sounds. It just has that theatrical feel to it. re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being Whenever she starts talking I just have to pay attention b/c she grabs ahold of the audience w/ every word she says. She really is a talented actress.

I would love to see Faith Healer!

"Michael's got a head like a Ping Pong Ball" -The Cast of Sweeney-
Updated On: 6/14/06 at 02:32 PM

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#28re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being
Posted: 6/14/06 at 2:40pm

bway--that someone must have been a freaking awesome dude!!

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#29re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being
Posted: 6/14/06 at 2:42pm

I suspected it was you!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#30re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being
Posted: 6/14/06 at 2:42pm

The guy's also so modest.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#31re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being
Posted: 6/14/06 at 2:44pm

I bet he's a gem!

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#32re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being
Posted: 6/14/06 at 3:05pm

saw FAITH HEALER last night and it was just excruciatingly painful to watch. i'm sure the love and connection cherry gets at the stage door mean a lot to her because she has spent time in such a dark, painful place.

i think if the tony nominators had had half a brain and nominated zoe wannamaker as best actress as she should have been, there would have been room for cherry in her catagory...

Mind is Mantra.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#33re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being
Posted: 6/14/06 at 3:40pm

Garland Grrrl...you hit the nail on the head. Cherry is raw and painfully vulnerable during her excruciating monologue. It was intense. She vacillates between many emotions, most of which are painful and wraps it up with an alcoholism bow. It was heartbreaking and stunning.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#34re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being
Posted: 6/14/06 at 4:38pm

Like Lansbury and Harris, Cherry Jones is brilliantly following the steps of the leading ladies of the Golden Age in headlining the "Doubt" National Tour. That's the way it was and I feel it should be. If you're a success on Broadway, bring the success on the road. I cannot thank her enough for signing on to bring her Tony Award-winning performance to the rest of America. I'm eager to see and meet her.

rflpfl2
#35re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being
Posted: 6/14/06 at 4:48pm

After seeing Doubt with Atkins and the other guy who played a blind cop on TV- it's all the more clear how AMAZING Cherry Jones is.

Not that they were bad- but it's crazy how much more Jones fills in the script and made it so much more than what is on that page.

I can't wait to catch her in Faith Healer.

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#36re: Cherry Jones is a DIVINE human being
Posted: 6/17/06 at 10:35pm

I am watching signs on TNT right now, and the only thing I can think of is whether or not Cherry's character will survive the alien invasion. I imagine she will because she has a gun, but I'm pretty sure that's open ended.

Videos