pixeltracker

Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast- Page 2

Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#25re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:07pm

Wow, I was NOT paying attention when I wrote that! Will go back to edit and put in Marc Shaiman.

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#26re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:13pm

Okay, I was so excited to see the movie, and now I don't know I will see it...Why did they have to cast the one guy I dislike? I won't even watch HSM because of him and the cheesiness of the whole thing, lol but mainly him. They could have done better casting, how in the world is he going to sing???

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#27re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:15pm

allofmylife- hahah "marnie nixon" and trust me, all of the council member boys will be gay... so dont worry!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#28re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:18pm

I hate to say it...but money wise, it is a very smart move on the producer's part. They are going to bring in a lot of ticket sales due to Efron being in it. They wanted a nobody to be in it at first, and a nobody who could sing etc would have been amazing for we true theatre fans. But let's be realistic, they will make so much more money with some sort of tween heartthrob than with someone nobody knows.

I'm not saying that I'm happy about him being cast, I'm totally not. But I see why they're doing it.

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#29re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:20pm

Yeah...I think the rest of the casting is exciting and interesting, but then they had to do this...why?!

lol, Oh well, what can I do? :)

2008 European Tour

neddyfrank2
#30re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:23pm

I can't wait for all the Tweens who saw Hairspray to go to Blockbuster and see Hair, and say "OmGG HaIr MuST BEE jUZ lYke HAIrspRAY OMGZ We NEEde 2 LyKE BY iT"

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#31re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:25pm

LOL!

2008 European Tour

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#32re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:25pm

Mateo:

"All the council boys will be gay." Very funny. Very true.

It's one thing to have a cockatoo. It's another thing entirely to feed it onstage.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#33re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:30pm

Tell me this is not true...he is too young...or looks to young..even though the age rage is somewhat right, it still looks like that maybe Tracy could be a senior and he would look like a freshman...looks wrong...I hate to say it but Justin Timberlake would have made a good Link, just clean him up a bit make him look younger, you can. Link has to have this image of sifistaction and yet very mature, someone that eveyone kind of looks up to, because of the way he looks, acts, sings... he is kind of the role model...if they did cast Efron then the best to him and what they can do for this film. Plus I am sure he would get help on his vocals anyway, since I have been reading that he got that duing HSM!

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#34re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:42pm

I hate to agree with you but Timberlake (not a fan of him) would be more realistic than Zac as far as look and age...even though Timberlake is in his mid 20's.

2008 European Tour

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#35re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:45pm

From what I've experienced, the knowledge and interest in musical theatre STOPS at the one thing they know. I've been around all those teenies (and people my age) who became obsessed with High School Musical/Rent/Wicked, and that's all they know, all they care to know and they would never, ever spend more than the price of a movie ticket or cd to go see that show live, and they especially wouldn't pay more than $15 to go see a show they don't already know the words too. So, yeah. JMO.

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Ready 2 Defy Gravity Profile Photo
Ready 2 Defy Gravity
#36re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:46pm

I think this movie is gonna turn ut to be a disaster

MiMiLiteAndSweet
#37re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:47pm

zac is and interesting choice...but atleast the boy has some good acting under his belt(hes been in so much)..and a bit of musical theare style...yeah it was high school musical but still.
ummm what about amanda bynes as penny...yeah she can kind maybe act the role...because she is ganky and long...but other then that...what is she going to do? stick some jelly in her shoe point it out and hope for a laugh...like she does with every single thing she does?
also...even if amanda can sing..(although i for somre reason really doubt it) she cant sing penny's notes...unless then change the keys...which makes me sooo mad!
thats my true disapointment in the casting of this movie so far.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#38re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:51pm

wtf?????? Zac Effron couldn't even sing all. In a lot of partsin HSM he had to be dubbed.

neddyfrank2
#39re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:51pm

I actually think this movie is going to be GREAT, I really think it will, when CHICAGO came out I remember saying "This is going to be AWFUL" but it was GREAT. So you never know. My only fear is Zac Efron.

donna_darko_23
#40re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:54pm

I'm trying to be positive with this...it's true, it will get more people to see Hairspray that normally wouldn't...and just maybe if they are even in New York they will see the live show as well. Not a fan of Zach, but I agree they really seem to be pulling from every age bracket with the casting of this movie musical. Certainly by casting him they they just pulled him his hoard of obessed pre-teen fans.

However, I agree with Jovie24, and my main concert is that Zach seems to too look too young and too innocent.

wphsmusic
#41re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 4:55pm

zac efron? oh no, i think i just cried a little bit. this movie is only getting worse i think

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#42re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 5:21pm

I have been making these fake ads and hairspray pictures to pass time, and I just added Zac to this one... tell me what you think?

re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#43re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 5:32pm

"wtf?????? Zac Effron couldn't even sing all. In a lot of partsin HSM he had to be dubbed"

i swear people do not know how to read. Coming Soon...the "grammatical and reading errors" thread. Ranging from such material as "casted" is not a real word---and Oprah did not Produce "The Color Purple" all by herself....

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#44re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 5:35pm

"Casted." *Shudder*

thevolleyballer
#45re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 5:55pm

Oh, gosh, mateo. That one... SCARED ME. Oh, GOSH.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#46re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 5:59pm

That really is terrifying. I thnk maybe he might look better with brown hair though?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#47re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 6:00pm

it is brown, but the smaller version is darker for some reason.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#48re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 6:56pm

Stephaniethestar - Let me give you a little bit of hope. My teenage brother, who is only into Judas Priest and Metallica, saw the movie version of RENT. Loved it (I don't know why). Because of that movie, went and saw the movie version of THE PRODUCERS. Loved it (again, don't know why). And now has borrowed several of my OBC albums - including several Sondheim. And in just the last few weeks gone to see the JOSEPH... tour, and HOT MIKADO (locally produced). So, don't lose hope in the youth of America! re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast My brother is living proof that teenagers can cross over and actually enjoy live theatre.

bwayondabrain
#49re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/25/06 at 7:31pm

those are cool pics, mateo!
and i have never seen HSM, but just seeing him in that picture makes me worry...

Videos