pixeltracker

So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:- Page 2

So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:

donna_darko_23
#25re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/7/06 at 12:20am

Those are great :) And, you succeeded in making this a non-bashing thread thus far, and actually helping change some of ours minds a little about the casting...go you, Mateo.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#26re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/7/06 at 12:22am

thanks! its what i do.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

jam_man
#27re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/7/06 at 1:51am

Sorry, hadn't seen it before, but thanks! Still can't wait!

"Who is Stephen Sondheim?" -roninjoey
"The man who wishes he had written Phantom of the Opera!" - SueleenGay

GO CARDINALS!!!

So what...I sing
#28re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/7/06 at 2:20am

It looks great!!... How will it sound...thats my worry. I don't think Zac's voice (the pop tenor) is suitable, but we'll see what they do with him.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#29re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/7/06 at 2:29am

Hah thats amazing Mateo! Great job. Hopefully Marc will pass that on to the cast.

Akiva

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#30re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/7/06 at 2:42am

He actually did pass it along to adam shankman (the director) who I have now spoken with via email a couple times.

hes a great guy it seems, and is so excited to be directing this.

:)

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

#31re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/7/06 at 4:09am

hahah. great picture.
Zac Efron reminds me of a coppertone sunscreen ad (in this picture). I am still not excited to see him as Link.

I miss Matthew Morrison.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#32re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/22/06 at 1:53pm

Fantastic job, mateo! This makes me so excited for the movie! re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#33re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/22/06 at 4:28pm

Very clever - I think your John Travolta as Edna poster is probably going to be dead on!

Salad_Fingers85 Profile Photo
Salad_Fingers85
#34re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/22/06 at 5:06pm

This is not a bash! Just a question. I thought Zac Efron can't sing because didn't he have a voice over for High School Musical? Just
wondering how he will play Link in the Movie. NOT A BASH!

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#35re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/22/06 at 5:10pm

He couldn't sing the POP TENOR stuff. Sounds like Shainman said he has a nice baritone. Link's stuff needn't be all that high.

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Salad_Fingers85 Profile Photo
Salad_Fingers85
#36re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/22/06 at 5:11pm

Okay, I am a little more relieved now, thanks for the information.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#37re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/22/06 at 8:39pm

mateo, adorable. just adorable.

To The Stage!
#38re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/22/06 at 8:42pm

Wow! I'm impressed. Great job!

So afraid of getting older

I'm only good at being young

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#39re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/23/06 at 1:02am

here's my thing with Zac - I realized while the kids I babysat watched High School Musical (yet again) today that he looks more like a teen heart-throb in a boyband (aka backstreet boys/nsync) kinda way than in that dreamy Ricky Nelson way, y'know? Even in that first post, with the hairdo and all, he just doesn't look like the hearthrobs of that time period to me, that's all.

and while I do think he's talented, his voice is kinda nasally. I didn't really notice that til I saw him again today.

In his favor though, I do think he's absolutely adorable at that 'falling for a girl even if my social status dictates I'm not supposed to, but I just can't help it; she's all I think about' thing :)

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?

Days of Inspiration Profile Photo
Days of Inspiration
#40re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/26/06 at 1:03pm

Nice skills =D

broadwayguy2
#41re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:03pm

Krispy, you can't judge Zac's voice from MUSICAL. First of all, the music and voices were HEAVILY synthesized and Zac has a baritone voice.. in post production, Disney decided they wanted a more pop-tenor sound, so a second actor was hired in to sing some of that character's music and raise the pitch of Zac's voice.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#42re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:10pm

This isn't a comment on Zac at all - but Broadwayguy2 - pitch being raised most likely wasn't the issue. Pro tools is very savvy at being able to do that. For whatever the reason, the composer of the song filled in on some of the songs.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#43re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 8/23/06 at 3:38pm

re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:

What do people think of Zac's new look for the movie?

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#44re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 8/23/06 at 3:49pm

YAY Mateo. That looks great!

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

bwayondabrain
#45re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 8/23/06 at 3:55pm

i just saw the Edna picture
pretty cool, mateo!
and that is awesome you talked with the movie director!

:)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#46re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 8/23/06 at 4:02pm

I'm more than positive that's not the 'do' Zac will be sporting in the film. I'm sure that mop of his will be under a wig like most everyone else in the film. That 'do' he has with Paula is his 'real' hair.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#47re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 8/23/06 at 4:16pm

Not sure if he's going to be wearing a wig, but I imagine his hair will probably be shorter for the actual film. You can tell that he's been gaining weight.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

#48re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 8/23/06 at 4:21pm

i kinda doubt the men will wear wigs. i would guess he dyed his hair for the movie... but im more than positive it wont be styled that way for the movie...

i think tevin is the only guy ive really noticed wearing a wig for the broadway show (and it was only for a few weeks that the wig was used) and im not sure why they would choose wigs for the men in the movie. I think it would work just as well, if not better, on film to have them style their real hair.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#49re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:
Posted: 8/23/06 at 4:30pm

I didnt even notice that this thread had resurfaced until just now, so thankyou all for the compliments!

Yeh, its been quite awhile since I have spoken with Adam Shankman through email. I imagine he is QUITE busy, and i guess I would rather him work on the film then talk to me. :)

another shot of Zacs hair from the creative arts emmys:
re: So what will the Hairspray Movie kids look like:

I dont imagine them cutting it that much more, since it will be styled back in a pompadour.

I wonder if they will give him sideburns though, cause some men just cant grow them.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Videos