LA Wicked sit down

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#25re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/5/06 at 11:13pm

As long as it's still in Chicago this year...:) I think WICKED producers just love to recycle actors cause it's easier and cheaper...I guess it also depends on how the London show does too...but i'd LOVE to have another tour (maybe the "popular" tour?) because this current one doesn't come close enough to me...

renthead333 Profile Photo
renthead333
#26re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/5/06 at 11:54pm

Kristy on Broadway= my dream!!!!!

Funny Face Profile Photo
Funny Face
#27re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 12:51am

Call me a moron, but what is a sit down production?

missyrose87
#28re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 12:54am

A sit down production is one that stays at the same theatre for a lengthy amount of time, like the Chicago Wicked, as opposed to tours, who stay for a couple of weeks and then move on to another city.

COOOOLkid
#29re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 12:59am

I hope LA production won't occupy that gorgeous Pantages Theatre... I'd rather see other touring shows come to Pantages.

Has Ahmanson Theatre ever had a sit-down production?

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

#30re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 1:53am

The Ahmanson had "Phantom of the Opera" playing for years, but they had to close the show to remodel the theater.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#31re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 2:07am

It is targeted for the Pantages.

Which is where Wicked played last time it was in LA.

BlueStarGirl
#32re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 3:49am

I freely admit that I don't know anything about this but what I've read on this thread, but it does strike me as odd that Pantages would be up for a sit down.

I'm sure of all current shows, Wicked would be the biggest most profitable draw for a West Coast audience, but I'm not sure it would be as/more sucessful than the current Broadway-LA program Pantages has going. It's not like other shows will stop touring the West Coast if the Pantages has Wicked. It seems like one of the other theaters, Taper, Ahmanson, or Wilshire would make more sense since they don't already have a Broadway program in place.

tourboi
#33re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 3:58am

I thought the Wilshire was run by Broadway LA too? Or it was a few years ago, cuz I saw URINETOWN there. It would be DREADFULL if the tours had to play the Wilshire...

BlueStarGirl
#34re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 4:20am

Right now about 3/4 of the Broadway LA shows are at the Pantages and a few are at Wadsworth and Brentwood. NOTHING is at Wilshire.

I suppose it's possible that they'd shift the rest of the Broadway LA program to those theaters, but it still seems odd that they'd want to commit the Pantages so thoroughly.

RentBoy86
#35re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 4:35am

Well, what was the Oriental used for pre-Wicked? If any of you can remember that long ago.

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#36re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 5:43am

Everyone hears different things - I heard that Eden turned down Les Mis on broadway to open Wicked in LA, and I heard that it was likely to be a December/January opening.

Mary P x

COOOOLkid
#37re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 8:18am

Well, seriously, if you heard it froma Wicked fan, how can you expect them to be true?

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#38re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 8:31am

The Oriental was used for national tours. It played equally with the Palace (there was no 3/4 thing like with the Pantages) and the Shubert (now LaSalle Bank theatre) played some smaller national tours (like Rent). The Auditorium Theatre was used as a spare basically.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#39re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 10:05am

Practically Perfect, Eden didn't turn down "Les Miz." She was offered Fantine, but, according to her, it fell through during contract negotiations. She didn't specify why.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Charlayne Vivika Profile Photo
Charlayne Vivika
#40re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 10:40am

What the heck is a sit down? It's not as if everyone has to stand usually, is it?

Fosse76
#41re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 11:56am

"FACTS:

May 27, 2007 - Chicago Sit-Down Production closes

June 4, 2007 - LA Sit-Down Production opens with Ana Gasteyer (Elphaba) and Kendra Kassebaum (Glinda)

Take it or leave it"

Considering the PRODUCER has said this isn't true...I'll leave it. I find him to be a more reliable source. They don't close shows that rake in over $1 million per week. And Someone has already said that Meg Hilty would open the LA Company (should it materialize).

#42re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 12:24pm

Yeah why would The Pantages want to take Wicked? It only sold out its run there last year and easily stands to make more a lot more money for the theater as a sitdown than a collection of touring shows spread out throughout the year. I saw Annie and White Christmas on weekend performances and both shows had dismal attendance. Why wouldIt just doesn't make sense. re: LA Wicked sit down The Pantages want to make a smart business move and secure a show that will make them lots of money? It just doesn't make sense. re: LA Wicked sit down

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#43re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 12:28pm

Kendra is not that good.

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

TragicFlaw
#44re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 11:28pm

Eden will be opening as Elphaba. Says the company currently building her new costumes (yes, she gets new costumes. every time. they all do.)

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#45re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/6/06 at 11:34pm

TragicFlaw i know Eden will probably be doing the L.A. sit-down, but what is your source on the costumes?

RentBoy86
#46re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/7/06 at 12:53am

So, Eden and Megan?

I was watching this video on youtube where this girl was crying cause she got to meet Megan Hilty and she said Megan was her biggest role model and all this stuff. Not to knock her for liking her, but she's only been in one show? But whatever, I guess that's cool. I sort of felt bad for Megan, you could tell she looked a little uncomfortable.

I wonder who the Fieyro will be?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#47re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/7/06 at 1:09am

Megan Hilty has only been in one show because she's like 23 and is right out of college.

Eden opening LA (which I heard as well) makes sense- she's a proven commodity in the role, she'll get good reviews, and her attendance is good. Ditto for Hilty.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#48re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/7/06 at 1:19am

Wow, they get completely new costumes every time?! Doesnt that get really expensive?

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

RentBoy86
#49re: LA Wicked sit down
Posted: 7/7/06 at 1:27am

When the show is making 1.4 Million a week, I don't think it's that bad.

"Megan Hilty has only been in one show because she's like 23 and is right out of college."
Exactly, I don't understand how she can be a legend to someone. But then again, I'm not a 14 year old girl. But it's cool. I guess I can understand how she can be looked up to. But I wonder what the girl thinks when she goes back the next year and Megan isn't there.

Videos