Boston Bee-Who's going?

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#25re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 9/20/06 at 6:31pm

Stanley invited me to his place once. haha. He was awesome.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

catharsis Profile Photo
catharsis
#26re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 9/20/06 at 7:35pm

I just got my ticket for October 7th. Woo! re: Boston Bee-Who's going?

Aaron27 Profile Photo
Aaron27
#27re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 9/21/06 at 8:17am

I'm assistant managing the run of Spelling Bee, so if you see me running around with my head chopped off like a chicken, say HI!

mrs felciano
#28re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 9/21/06 at 8:49am

Aaron that's awesome!

Aaron27 Profile Photo
Aaron27
#29re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 9/21/06 at 8:58am

Thanks :) I'm excited. It's a great group of people and everyone's worked so hard. It's all going to be worth it!

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#30re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 9/22/06 at 5:06pm

I'll make sure to look for you!

And you know, backstage tours are lovely. Hint, hint. Hahahaha just kidding!

catharsis Profile Photo
catharsis
#31re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 9/22/06 at 7:31pm

There was a huge thing on the Boston Bee in The Boston Globe today. It's pretty neat.

I'll be sure to look for you, Aaron!
And I agree with allie. *nudgenudge* re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
[kidding, of course]

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#32re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 9/22/06 at 7:40pm

Eeee!

http://www.boston.com/ae/theater_arts/articles/2006/09/22/getting_into_c_h_a_r_a_c_t_e_r/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

snazzier
#33re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 9/22/06 at 9:40pm

Aaron- that's so exciting, haha. I'm applying ED to Tisch for their SM program. re: Boston Bee-Who's going?

Aaron27 Profile Photo
Aaron27
#34re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 9/26/06 at 9:10am

Lol...well, unfortunately I'm not SM'ing or ASM'ing...which I love. I'm pretty much running Front of House...as for backstage tours, unfortunately, I can't do that...rules, rules, rules...lol Sorry!

way_to_spend_the_day Profile Photo
way_to_spend_the_day
#35re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 9/26/06 at 10:48am

I saw the dress rehearsal of the show last night--my school had connections for some reaseon--and it was amazing! I reviewed it in another post last night. And yes, I am now in love with Stanley--as was every other college girl in the audience--and most of the guys...

***It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. -- William Shakespeare***

catharsis Profile Photo
catharsis
#36re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 10/7/06 at 11:13am

I'm going tonight! I'm so excited. re: Boston Bee-Who's going?

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#37re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 10/7/06 at 12:45pm

The show is wonderful! I saw it last night and it was my first time ever seeing the show! Jenni Barber as Olive is absolutely wonderful.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

catharsis Profile Photo
catharsis
#38re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 10/7/06 at 11:45pm

I just got back. I must say- this show is amazing. I was totally blown away. I wasn't chosen as a guest speller, but that was easy to get over. I ended up being Marigold Coneybear, so it was okay. Woohoo free candy. re: Boston Bee-Who's going?

One of the guest spellers got 'jihad,' her first word, incorrect. Another speller asked for the definition of 'caterjunes' and was given 'an old Nantucket whaling term.'

A few of the Massachusetts-related jokes went right over the heads of most of the audience. I seemed to be the only one who thought the reference to Grace Ross, the Green Rainbow party candidate, was funny.

It was such a fun show. "The I Love You Song" was so incredibly heartbreaking.

Oh, and I liked how all the actors recognized me at the stagedoor, I got a hug from Stanley Bahorek [Leaf].

Aaron, I think I *may* have spotted you tonight, but I'm not sure. It didn't even occur to me until this moment. Were you at the back of the house when the audience was starting to come in? I don't really remember it that well...

Updated On: 10/7/06 at 11:45 PM

LizzieCurry
#39re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 10/8/06 at 1:25am

I hate to break it to you, but caterjunes was always an old Nantucket whaling term in San Francisco, too. re: Boston Bee-Who's going?

Glad you liked the show! And that you were Marigold. Ha!

mrs felciano
#40re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 10/8/06 at 8:22pm

How long is it running in Boston? Ticketmaster is only selling through November..but I overheard people talking in the theatre saying it was going to be around for 6 months.

There was a man in front of me with his daughter and she said "Dad what's this about?" He replied with "Well hun I'm not sure..but I don't think it is about a Spelling Bee. Remember, RENT wasn't actually about rent." I thought it was funny.

I enjoyed the show a lot. I had tickets for the last row but was moved up quite a bit because there were a lot of empty seats. I enjoyed it a lot. I hope to go back before it closes.

Is it possible to send mail to the actors at the theatre while the show is running there? Has anyone tried it?
Updated On: 10/8/06 at 08:22 PM

catharsis Profile Photo
catharsis
#41re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 10/8/06 at 9:17pm

I have no idea how long it's running, but I just bought a ticket for November 3, for the same seat, too (happened to be best available). I suppose the run will depend on ticket sales, which seem to be okay.

snowie862 Profile Photo
snowie862
#42re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 10/8/06 at 9:32pm

It's C-A-T-A-R-J-U-N-E-S right?

I can't wait till it comes to Philly!

LizzieCurry
#43re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 10/8/06 at 10:33pm

It's C-A-T-A-R-J-U-N-E-S right?

It doesn't matter, because whatever spelling they give is correct. re: Boston Bee-Who's going?

snowie862 Profile Photo
snowie862
#44re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 10/9/06 at 12:30am

Like Balmaccan :)

catharsis Profile Photo
catharsis
#45re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 11/4/06 at 2:07pm

I saw it again last night. re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
It seems that the people I always sit next to read the playbill and say, "Oh, this is a musical?"
Logainne's political rant was about John Kerry's recent botched joke. I wish I could remember it - it was pretty funny.

Anyone seeing it soon?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#46re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 11/4/06 at 6:00pm

I looked up the Boston Bee on Ticketmaster and now they are selling tickets until 12/31!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1074782?calendar_view=1&calendar_year=2006&calendar_month=12

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

crzyrocket Profile Photo
crzyrocket
#47re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 11/4/06 at 7:25pm

catharsis,

I saw the Bee last night too! Logainne's rant was about how Kerry botched up the joke which was ironic because if he'd studied hard in school, he would have been able to memorize the joke correctly. In doing so, the only people who have to apologize to Republicans would be the folks going to the polls this Tuesday.

Her rants just keep getting better and better.

"The sense that everything's going right is a sure sense that everything's going wrong." -The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?

catharsis Profile Photo
catharsis
#48re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 11/4/06 at 8:57pm

^Wow. Where were you seated? I was probably sitting right near you. re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
I should've bumped this thread yesterday.

catharsis Profile Photo
catharsis
#49re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
Posted: 12/31/06 at 12:30am

Bump.

~
Updated On: 12/31/06 at 12:30 AM

Videos