pixeltracker

"Jersey Boys" San Francisco- Page 2

"Jersey Boys" San Francisco

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#25re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/4/06 at 3:00pm

No, you do not need any prior knowledge of the Four Seasons to enjoy the show. The orchestrations, energy, actors, and all of the production elements will fully engage you despite your knowledge

JB Fan
#26re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/8/06 at 9:18am

~Bump~

Anyone see it, yet??? Any reports?

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#27re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/8/06 at 10:57am

Very cool! Glad it went well Erich! I hope you guys come to Philly next year!! Or somewhere in South Jersey LOL

http://www.myspace.com/jrobertspencer
Can you keep the cup from tipping Can you keep the grip from slipping In despair, for just another day ~Next To Normal

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#28re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/8/06 at 11:43am

Hey Erich, glad its going well, I have tickets for May and June in LA. Good luck!

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

#29re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/8/06 at 2:02pm

Question:

Where is the tour going during the huge breaks between the long runs in SF, LA, and Chicago?

My guesses are Seattle, Las Vegas, Detroit, and Dallas.

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#30re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/8/06 at 4:19pm

Since JB won the Tony, I assume that any tour stop city wants to make a big deal out of it (a main draw for a season subscription), so I don't think these cities want to announce for JB run this late in the game.

So I assume the tour stays in SF until May or so.

broadwaybelter
#31re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/8/06 at 8:35pm

I heard Christopher Kale Jones at the stage door mention that the show may be in San Francisco until April

jimnysf
#32re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/8/06 at 8:57pm

Does anyone else NOT like the staircase in the front of the stage?? It definitely blocks the view for some unfortunate people sitting in the front side orchestra. Maybe they can make it a clear staircase..

I agree! I hated that staircase since it blocked my view from Row E of the orchestra. It would have been nice if the set designers gave some thought to this when they did their work! Either that or those seats should be sold as partial view.

I've paid to see the show twice now. I liked the show but both times I had crummy seats. The first time I knew what I was getting (Rush/Limited View) but the tickets I bought months ago in advance were not marked as Limited View and I was not happy to find out that they actually were.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

kaibranch
#33re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/8/06 at 9:48pm

Hey, broadwaybelter, we saw the same show! I heard him say that, too. That would be great...

The staircase is definitely annoying if you are sitting with it right in front of you. I've seen JB in both SF and NYC, and I think the staircase is worse in NYC. I sat behind it in NYC, but couldn't complain too much... tickets to a great show for only $26.50.

HumATune, I think it's more fun to see the show with zero knowledge of the backstory of the Four Seasons. Everyone knows the songs and it's interesting to find out what they went through.

Anybody know how opening night will be? Any different than any other night?

E is for Emily2 Profile Photo
E is for Emily2
#34re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/10/06 at 10:31pm

happy opening night!
Hope it goes well!

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#35re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/10/06 at 10:58pm

Exactly how restricted are the views from the front row? Would you say that you can see like, 90% of what's going on? More? Less?

Sorry but I need things completely spelled out for me. :)

jimnysf
#36re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/11/06 at 12:41am

You can't see much of anything that goes on unless it's way at the front of the stage. Also, you are going to have bright lights shining in your eyes and when the spotlights are on the actors when they are up front, the spotlights are also on you.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Fosse76
#37re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/11/06 at 11:02am

"Where is the tour going during the huge breaks between the long runs in SF, LA, and Chicago? "

Those are "extensions". They are usually always planned well in advance. Though, if it doesn't turn out to be as popular as those large gaps indicate, it is possibl;e that they may book other cities during those gap times. But most likely not, since usually those are contracted dates that are just simply not released to the public for publicity reasons.

Also, there are no dates after Chicago because the producers are hoping it will be popular enough for a sit-down, and tickets haven't gone on sale yet to make that determination.

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#38re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/11/06 at 11:21am

The show will extend. I don't think it has been announced yet. But as far as I was told,it has been extended until the end of March. A friend of mine is good freinds with all of the leads and I got to talk to them on Friday Night, when I saw the show. I will not say who told me the news, but he was excited to tell people that the show was extended before it even opened. I don't know if it wil extend until April, they do need some time to get ready for their next stop in Los Angeles in May, but I could be wrong!

Overall, the show is AMAZING, the performances are FANTASTIC..Erich, Deven, Christopher and Michael do an amazing job. I am going to see the show at least 4-6 more times; there are so many people I want to bring to see this show.

Erich, if you read this...CONGRATS man and CONRATS to the entire cast and crew.

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#39re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/11/06 at 11:35am

Tickets are on sale until March 25.

http://www.bestofbroadway-sf.com/shows/show.asp?key=18&subkey=509

I may try to see this Tuesday or Wednesay.

Updated On: 12/11/06 at 11:35 AM

AugustBurns2 Profile Photo
AugustBurns2
#40re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/11/06 at 1:55pm

The Chronicle gave it a spot on review!

I saw the show last Saturday night standing in the cancellation line - glad I did it because it was the last night of $50 tickets! I was able to sit in Row F in the center orchestra, next to other people from the cancellation line. The man sitting to my right saw the show at La Jolla and couldn't wait for his lady friend to see the show too. I asked him how the shows/performances differed. He said that they made some changes from that production to the current Broadway, but it still is thrilling.

The four leads were outstanding! They were a joy to watch. I was really impressed with Christopher Kale Jones and Devon May. I went in knowing what I knew from the CD, but I found this story to be so riveting. Though I am always a sucker for the rags-to-riches true stories. Like Bob Crewe kept talking about -the stars were aligned.

I loved the staging too - so fast pace! I didn't know about the screens that came down - so funny. It reminded me of Des McAnuff's previous hits of Tommy and How to Succeed.

Oh! The head of Dodger Theatricals was at the performance that I went to as well! So easy to spot with his beard and baseball cap that I know from the Tony Awards. I pointed him out to the couple that I sat next to.

Like Mamma Mia and Urinetown in San Francisco before it, it will extend - the ticket agent last Saturday said that the orchestra section is sold out for the rest of the run.

Go see it!

myspace.com/robinsparkles

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#41re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/11/06 at 6:20pm

Thanks Jim for clearing that up for me. :)

Bright lights blech.

kaibranch
#42re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/11/06 at 7:09pm

I've seen the show twice from the rush seats and I think they're still worth it. There are really bright lights at the back of the stage which are only on during the end of "Dawn", when the Boys perform to the back of the stage. You can't see the actors when they're standing towards the back, but it's really cool when they're standing right at the edge of the stage [which is during many songs]. If your only chance at seeing the show is through rush, definitely go for it.

I saw the show opening night and it was amazing. These guys are great and have so much energy. They're all really nice at the stagedoor, too.

Hey, Eugene, I think I saw you there. Striped shirt? I remember seeing you at the stagedoor talking to Des McAnuff.

broadwaybelter
#43re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/11/06 at 8:18pm

I'm so glad its been extended through the March Updated On: 12/11/06 at 08:18 PM

jimnysf
#44re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/11/06 at 8:27pm

If your only chance at seeing the show is through rush, definitely go for it.

I agree but I think people would be better off with the middle to back of the orchestra or mezz or balcony seats if they want to see everything on stage (and they can afford it). I would stay away from the front rows of the orchestra if possible. I sat in Row A and Row E (over to the right) and they were both limited views.

kaibranch
#45re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/11/06 at 10:23pm

True. I guess it also has to do with preference. I like sitting up close and seeing the actors' expressions. It doesn't bother me too much that I can't see some parts or that the lights are pretty bright during "Dawn." You're right though, if someone has the money and it's their first time seeing the show, they should avoid the first front rows.

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#46re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/11/06 at 10:45pm

Yes, I was there Opening also.
Great show, loved it.
Erich was excellent -- stood out the most out of the 4.

Yeah, I was in the striped shirt.
I really just wanted to meet Mr. McAnuff.
The other guys were so suave in their Opening Night party suits.

The show has extended its run in SF until March 25 and I won't be surprised if, once that date gets closer, they bump even further back. Tickets are selling out already (hence the first extension).

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#47re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/12/06 at 10:06am

So are they not selling the $30 rear balcony seats for this anymore? I checked ticket availability on Ticketmaster today (although I’m going to the box office to pay in cash) and they don’t list the $30 tickets, even though the Best of Broadway site says that pricing level exists. And any news on whether they are selling box seats and for what price?

Edited: So for the rush seats, the bright lights are only in your eyes for one song? I'm asking again because I'm sensitive some kinds of bright lights, but I can deal with them if it's only for a short time and not most of the show. Updated On: 12/12/06 at 10:06 AM

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#48re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/15/06 at 5:21am

BROADWAYWORLD.COM REVIEW:

Those Darn Boys from Jersey, I'm Tellin' Ya!
https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=14418

E is for Emily2 Profile Photo
E is for Emily2
#49re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 12/21/06 at 4:31am

I saw the show tonight, it was incredible. The cast is so talented.
Very glad I finally got to see it!

Videos