pixeltracker

New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!- Page 2

New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#25re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 2:20am

Amy Spanger, anyone?

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#26re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 2:25am

I would LOVE to see Andrea Chamberlain get bumped up. She was fantastic!

show2n2 Profile Photo
show2n2
#27re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 2:29am

Darcie Roberts.

broadwaybaby086
#28re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 3:04am

mallardo, Ms. Spanger being cast may be the only thing that would get me back to see Drowsy. I really wish I'd liked it. I really wanted to. I should give it another chance.

Sara Gettelfinger would do a great job as well! I've only seen her in DRS, in which she was great, and I trust other people who say she's great in other things as well. :o)

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Dollypop
#29re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 5:41am

Maybe this will serve as Loretta Swit's comeback vehicle! I can only hope!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

sopranobiz Profile Photo
sopranobiz
#30re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:12am

I think Amy Spanger is a little too long in the tooth.
Darcie Roberts is PERFECT but she isn't she doing Curtains?

I don't think Sarah Gettlefinger exudes the youth that Janet needs but maybe she just hasn't shown that side of herself.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#31re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:25am

Sara Gettelfinger is *perfect* casting. Really. She has it ALL! Comedic chops, voice, looks, legs, talent galore. She would be a riot.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#32re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:37am

Amy Spanger too old? Please. How old is Jane Roberts - the actress who plays Janet - supposed to be? Recall that she was known as the "Oops Girl" - an actress whose so-called sexual energy was so great that she made men have "accidents". That description fits Amy better than it does Sutton - if I may dare to say so. And how old does Troy Britton Johnson, her fiance, seem to be? Amy is certainly a plausible match for him.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#33re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:39am

I saw this thread last night before I went to bed and the first person that popped into my head was Amy Spanger.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Wanna Be A Foster
#34re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:41am

Yeah, but with WEDDING SINGER on her recent pedigree, she's not exactly an easy sell to replace a Tony winner in a 5-time Tony winning show, regardless of talent.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#35re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 9:09am

And Sara "fired from GREY GARDENS" Gettelfinger is?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#36re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 9:22am

Oh, snap!

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

pair-o-dice
#37re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 9:48am

I love all the girls being mentioned, but would have to say that Nancy Anderson seems like the best choice. She is absolutely flawless. Her singing style is perfect for the role, she can dance, and she is incredibly funny. I would LOVE to see her do it.

#38re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 9:56am

OOOOOH dontchooo be talkin bad bout my Sara Gettelfinger!!!

Wanna Be A Foster
#39re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 9:56am

And Sara "fired from GREY GARDENS" Gettelfinger is?

You really know how to mix things up, don't you.

Was Sara Gettelfinger FIRED from GREY GARDENS?

No. She was a cast member in the Off-Broadway production. She was not cast in the Broadway production. She was not FIRED from anything. She was simply miscast in the role.

-Kad

#40re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 10:00am

Nnacy Anderson is my pick.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#41re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 10:08am

No more absurd Foster than saying Amy Spanger can't do the show because she was in a flop musical.

Absurd.

bigbigbill Profile Photo
bigbigbill
#42re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 10:09am

My guess is Sutton Foster!

Hank
#43re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 10:10am

Jessica Grove! Another Millie alum, replacement Dorothy. The way she handled "Falling In Love With Someone" convinces me.

#44re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 10:16am

I think Lee Roy Reams could do it!

ILUVTOMG Profile Photo
ILUVTOMG
#45re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 10:32am

one word: Audra

#46re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 11:13am

...& i still disagree that Sara was miscast in GG

GreenGirl22406 Profile Photo
GreenGirl22406
#47re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 11:15am

Sarah Gettlefinger, maybe... But eventually Susan woule be awesome!

"In the rain, the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight
And all I see is him and me forever and forever."

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#48re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 12:01pm

'Sarah Gettlefinger, maybe... But eventually Susan would be awesome'

Well..unless the show runs for about 5 more years..Susan's already said she isn't considering anything that far away from home for that kind of commitment for about the next 5 years..

-Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#49re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/23/07 at 12:21pm

The first name that popped into my head when I saw this was Amy Spanger.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Videos