pixeltracker

Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?- Page 2

Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?

theatresensation2
#25re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 12:14am

She's coming in when Elena leaves (I assume within the next tour stop or so). She may be gorgeous, but I just really wish that they would have brought someone in (like Elena) who knows how amazing this score is, and sings it accordingly. No personal attack here, just sadness for the lack of musical depth.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#26re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 12:20am

When will there be official confirmation? If this is true, I need to buy tickets ASAP!

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#27re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 1:01am

i know that's right! i wanna see this show again in Boston when it comes and if Katie is gonna be in it, i need to get my friend to grab tickets STAT

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#28re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 9:40am

After the PBS broadcast I wanted to rip my ears off.

But after seeing the show twice in its closing week - holy hell. Katie was incredible. I really do believe it was nerves on Live from Lincoln Center. And who could blame her? When she first started the show, I am told her voice was similar to the broadcast. FRESH out of school,no professional experience, doing the lead in a Broadway musical. Nervous will do horrible things to a voice. But take it from a Piazza die hard - Katie was absolutely stunning both onstage and off. I was truly blown away by her performance.

IssaMe
#29re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 10:22am

Couldn't agree with you more, kyle.

whimsical
#30re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 2:45pm

Yes, Katie's phenomenal. Love her as Clara. Updated On: 3/1/07 at 02:45 PM

RuprechtJr.
#31re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 6:20pm

I was there opening night (27th). Elena was playing Clara. In fact, everyone was playing their parts as listed. I just have one question. I was sitting in the orchestra section and it was still hard to make out faces exactly, but who was Fabrizio? It said on the board that it was David, but he seemed shorter and had light colored hair, same style. Can anyone confirm, or was it his understudy? Either way, he had an amazing voice. Everything about that production was flawless. I actually got to talk to the conductor after the show and he was possibly the nicest and easiest to talk to person I've ever met...anyhoo, sorry about the digression. Just be warned! Christine will move you to tears. Her voice litterally gave me chills. When she would exit, I would want her back. She was stellar.

SporkGoddess
#32re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 6:24pm

NO!!! Not Katie!! If she is in the tour when it stops by Chicago, I will cry. I can't handle both her and Christine Andreas.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#33re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 6:38pm

I adore Katie. I'm glad her Clara was preserved. If the tour does come by me, though, I hope Christine Andreas is replaced by then. I can't stand her vibrato.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#34re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 8:05pm

I thought Katie was excellent in the broadcast. Sure, she strained a bit, but it could have been nerves. Her acting skills were incredible, and I thought she looked great in the broadcast and not a bit chubby. I'll be glad if she's on tour for the Boston stop.

commasplice
#35re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 8:11pm

Do we know how long Katie Clarke will be with the tour?

RuprechtJr.
#36re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 9:07pm

It's kind of funny how I just get finished saying how great Andreas was and everyone slams her. I PERSONALLY didn't mind her vibrato, it gave her character that extra special something. I don't know, it was just chilling. Did anyone here like her? I thought her acting was, sorry, much better than Victoria's acting. She was actually crying, not fake tears, either. Her monolouge after the title song was amazing. She was desperately trying to get through without cracking while talking from crying. Please tell me I'm not crazy and the only one who liked Christine.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#37re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 9:36pm

What I liked about not only Christine's performance, but every one else involved with the tour, is they're not giving "copy cat" performances of their predecessors. They have all brought their own strengths to their own particular roles. I was initially afraid to see the tour after having such a wonderful experience with the Broadway production (5x). I was pleasantly surprised. So pleasantly surprised that I'm making the trip from DC to Hershey this weekend to see the show.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#38re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 9:46pm

I am so dissappointed that the Philly stop was cancelled. Christine Andreas is an acquired taste, and I would give a pinky nail to see her in this.

Andreas plays from the heart in everything she does. She draws on a lot of personal family challanges and really rises to the occassion onstage.

Enjoy! ...for me.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#39re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 9:49pm

I thought Christine was good acting-wise when I saw her, but not anywhere close to as good as Vicki.

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#40re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/1/07 at 11:45pm

If Katie is in the Chicago leg of the tour I will be skipping to the theatre every night!

IssaMe
#41re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/2/07 at 7:26am

RE : Fabrizio in Hershey. David Burnham has the week off, the role is being played by his understudy Adam Overett. Burnham returns to the show in Columbus after the dark week which was to be Philadelphia.

Put me in the group of Andreas-lovers. I think her Margaret is simply brilliant...her acting is amazing, and as mentioned before, she brings her own interpretation to the role which is as valid and as convincing as Vicki's...and so deeply moving.

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#42re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/2/07 at 6:05pm

Anyone who would DARE say ANYTHING about Katie Clarke's body should hold his or herself personally responsible for contributing to the existence of eating disorders in our culture.

It's because of idiots like you that women have f'ed up body images.

Harsh? Too bad. It's true.

People's snide remarks about a person's weight really get me going. Especially when the comment is STUPID.

End of rant.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#43re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/2/07 at 6:29pm

Anyone who would DARE say ANYTHING about Katie Clarke's body should hold his or herself personally responsible for contributing to the existence of eating disorders in our culture.

OK.

She has a nice, normal body shape.

OH NO I SAID "SOMETHING!" AM I A CULPRIT?!?!?!?!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

SporkGoddess
#44re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/2/07 at 6:59pm

evadiva: Eating disorders are an issue of control and body dysmorphism, not social/cultural pressures.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#45re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
Posted: 3/2/07 at 11:36pm

lizziecurry: I forgot the word negative

sporkgoddess: not in all cases

Thanks to this thread I just bought tickets to Sunday's matinee and I'm driving 2 hours to get there. It'll be worth it. Thanks for reminding me about this tour.

Videos