pixeltracker

Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal- Page 2

Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#25re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/2/07 at 11:11pm

No idea about rush, I know Guiliani (sp?) had something booked for the first couple shows for the benefit.

Everyone was there. Name a show, past, present, or future, and they were there. It was great to see such a supportive house.

MillieDillmount Profile Photo
MillieDillmount
#26re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/2/07 at 11:12pm

I'm really excited to see this show. What are the songs like? It still seems like a weird idea for a Broadway musical to me, but I am still really looking forward to seeing it.

How was Christian Borle? I love him and I'm really excited to see him play Emmet. He must have been funny.

When does the show open? I thought that they already opened, haha.

~Darci

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#27re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/2/07 at 11:13pm

Did the show run without problems? Did they ever have to stop? How long did it run?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#28re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/2/07 at 11:18pm

No major problems that I could tell. Laura Bell Bundy lost a shoe (again), just took off the other one and kept singing. Ran til about 10:30.

Jerry Mitchell gave a speech at the beginning.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#29re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/2/07 at 11:20pm

Is it for sure that they won't have rush tomorrow because I have plans with some friends to go in to get rush tickets. I don't mind trying if there's a chance but does anyone know for sure that they do not??

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#30re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/2/07 at 11:21pm

liotte, how was the rumored new "Positive" song?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#31re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/2/07 at 11:25pm

Just got back, What a terrific show and night. So happy for Jerry Mitchell, who still has the heart of a Gypsy and is proud of it.
Every cast member is great, Bundy is a force of nature. I also really liked Borle and great turns from Orfeh, Kate Shindle and the wonderful Natalie Joy Johnson.
The book totally works and the sets and costumes are letter perfect.
The score is catchy and appropriate.
Congrats to all.
and the dogs are adorable.

RentBoy86
#32re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/2/07 at 11:35pm

I might have to see this show if I get to NYC, if not only for the set and Bundy.

TheEnchantedHunter
#33re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/2/07 at 11:38pm

In short, a thread about nothing.

Amelie Helie
Belleville, Paris

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#34re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/2/07 at 11:40pm

^I love that movie!

Does Orfeh get to rip it at the end of Ireland? Or is it still that damn one-liner?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/
Updated On: 4/2/07 at 11:40 PM

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#35re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/2/07 at 11:51pm

ahh so excited.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

ErikInTheCity
#36re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:19am

One liner ending for Ireland. . .

Some mic problems early on, esp in the scene with Elle's parents. . .

And. . .wtf. . .the bathroom scene?!?!!? Heard about it from San Fran, saw it tonight, and am still scratching my head.

CurtainPullDowner
#37re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:28am

The bathroom scene is short and cute.
Loved the Judge sitting on the throne and it ties up the court case.

The whole show is a bit like Pink Cotton Candy, it quickly melts in your mouth, but it tastes so good.

JumpJumpJumpSoHigh Profile Photo
JumpJumpJumpSoHigh
#38re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:33am

Just got home from the gypsy run -- OH MAN, what a house! You could feel the excitement in the audience from the moment the lights went down, and it just didn't wane the entire show. Amazing. Most of the major players in the cast even got entrance applause. :)

To answer a few questions:

- No, they didn't stop for anything. The only glitches were the shoe thing that someone already mentioned, and a sound (mic?) problem during the beginning of "What You Want," with Elle's parents.

- "Ireland" does still end on the one-liner.

- "Positive" works great. It's largely similar to "Love and War" in terms of tune and even some lyrics (and I'm quite sure a lot of the "shake your junk" dance break music is the same), but what they were going for is a tone change, and in that they succeeded. This song has a very Avenue Q-esque combination of really happy-sounding music and somewhat dark lyrics, which is probably more appealing to a general audience than "Love and War"'s dark music/dark lyrics combination. If that makes sense.

Aside from some re-orchestrations of songs here and there, and the odd lyric change (and the one obvious song change), the show hasn't undergone any major surgery since SF. There is a little more emphasis on the love story between Elle and Emmett, as shown through some lyric changes in "Take it Like a Man" and the ballad version of the title song. (Oddly enough, the title song has gone back to being closer to a previous incarnation of itself, one that they used a couple of readings ago.)

Also new was the first time you see Orfeh and Andy as Paulette and Kyle, after she breaks his nose. Instead of the lights coming up on him in the chair after having just gotten a haircut from her, he now enters with a little stuffed squirrel in hand... and then having Rufus (the bulldog) follow him onstage to play with it! Such a cute moment -- and now Paulette, seeing he's a dog lover, has another reason to like him.

I can't wait to read about audience reactions to the first few previews, because obviously you can't judge the potency of a show based on a gypsy run reaction. But nevertheless, I predict good things in this show's future.

~JJJ

Dear Ken, I'm in pieces. Why the cold shoulder? Love, Barbie

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#39re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:43am

sweeet so wanna see this

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#40re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:46am

Yes! I knew this show was going to be great, perhaps we are looking at a Best Musical nomination after all? re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal

TristezzaBella27
#41re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:48am

is there really now rush until thursday?! i was gonna go do rush for it tomorrow but its pointless i suppose if its not being done?! damn.

CurtainPullDowner
#42re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:50am

I smell that FutureAladdin

It is in the old fashion "feel good" musical category.
A real crowd pleaser with a star turn by Bundy and Mitchell's sure hand at making it move.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#43re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:54am

Yeah glad I am not the only one who feels this show becoming a hit success that may land it Tony nominations and possibly wins!

Tunaburger
#44re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:56am

Congrats to cast great job tonight!!

CurtainPullDowner
#45re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:57am

There is a RUSH sign in the Lobby, saw it as I picked up my tkts.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#46re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:59am

And sounds like Ebersole might have some competition now. re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#47re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 1:03am

Yeah right. Ebersole has no competition. That Tony is hers.

I've been thinking: For Best Musical, if this and LoveMusik get very positive notices, could Curtains be shut out? Grey Gardens' and Spring Awakening's reviews were quite strong, and Curtains' reviews were decidedly mixed.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

CurtainPullDowner
#48re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 1:04am

Well Bundy is not exactly in that League just yet.
But it is a great performance, heads above Cheno in
THE APPLE TREE.

What I liked about it was that she gets to Sing, Act and Dance up a storm, girl can dance!

I also really liked Nikki Snelson as Brooke.
She out does Finley in that crappy WEDDING SINGER
I need to google her cause i don't know her work.
Her jump roping is fierce.

noahrp3
#49re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 1:05am

What did the RUSH sign say? Do we know where the seats are located and at what time they will be available?

Videos