pixeltracker

Best Preformance of the night?- Page 2

Best Preformance of the night?

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#25re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:52pm

I think Fantasia and Raul win.

Audra was nice, Mary Poppins was kinda neat (awesome last chord though), Christine Ebersol didn't live up to all of her hype, Spring Awakening didn't really make sense, and also didn't live up to its hype, Curtains was boring.

gypsiedtokill Profile Photo
gypsiedtokill
#26re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:58pm

I thought Curtains was pretty great. I know next to nothing about the show, but I thought that was a great number to do. Audra was good, but she was a little over the top for me, the forced censorship of SA pissed me off, Chorus Line was trés ho-hum, and Jersey Boys was flat out bad. Raul was pretty great, but Curtains was what did it for me.

I can't talk now. I gotta go get my wallet out of the toaster.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#27re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 9:11pm

Christine Ebersole gave a show-stopping performance at the matinee. Unfortunately, Edith and Edie are 'staunch' ladies and took a toll on her voice.
That said, the mike system at Radio City Music Hall seemed to blow out during her number.
She tried, really she did. And she did the best with what she had.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#28re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 9:34pm

Audra and Raul.

Ebersole would have been better if she wasn't ill. Spring Awakening was ridiculous.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#29re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/12/07 at 3:10pm

Raul and Audra were the hilight performances for me.

Spring Awakening... sort of confused me, and I don't think they presented the show in the most desirable manner. Perhaps they shouldn't have used a montage?

Clayford27 Profile Photo
Clayford27
#30re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/12/07 at 3:21pm

Raul Esparza, hands down. He was the highlight of the night and I think that performance expresses why people go to the theatre. He was just amazing.

I also enjoyed Curtains, Spring Awakening, and Mary Poppins...not so much the others though.

There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#31re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/12/07 at 3:50pm

Audra! With Raul in a close second :)

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

bobby_luvs_bway Profile Photo
bobby_luvs_bway
#32re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/12/07 at 4:03pm

I loved Ebersole's performance the most. I may be shot dead for this , but I thought Mr. Esparza's rendition of Being Alive wasn't good. I think it's a bit over the top, he was chomping on that song like it was corn on the cob....just didn't care for it. Liked Audra a lot too, but she really never ceases to impress.

mortgageguy79 Profile Photo
mortgageguy79
#33re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/12/07 at 4:10pm

Please no one yell at me....

I loved Christine Ebersole....I know whe was "ill", but she was still great and the audience really loved her

Jack: For your information, most people who meet me do not know that I am gay. Will: Jack, blind and deaf people know you're gay. Dead people know you're gay. Jack: Grace, when you first met me, did you know I was gay? Grace: My dog knew.

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#34re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/12/07 at 4:26pm

I enjoyed the number from CURTAINS. It made me want to see the show. I wonder how long DHP will be in it.

I also enjoyed Christine Ebersole, although she had a little trouble singing the high notes on "Staunch". I understand she has been ill which could account for that.

I think that Raul has way too much vibrato in his singing, but he certainly put his heart into "Being Alive". I prefer Larry Kert's rendition. I was lucky to have seen the OBC of COMPANY with Larry Kert.

I also enjoyed Audra McDonald's number. I saw the OBC of 110 IN THE SHADE and I think that Audra is more impressive than Inga Swenson was, except in the song "Is It Really Me?"

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#35re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/12/07 at 4:27pm

is there any place on the web where i can find the Mary Poppins performance? "with sound"

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

Videos