Best Preformance of the night?

Tunaburger
#1Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 6:47pm

Who do you guys think had the best performance on the Tonys last night?
Updated On: 6/11/07 at 06:47 PM

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#2re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 6:49pm

Audra hands down.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#2re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 6:50pm

Audra and Raul were the very definitions of Broadway stars last night.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#3re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 6:51pm

Esparza in the cut down version of Being Alive & Audra

Poster Emeritus

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#4re: Best Preformance of the night?

Audra

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#5re: Best Preformance of the night?

Audra

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#6re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 6:52pm

Fantasia

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#7re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 6:53pm

Audra.

Esparza only if you enjoy watching someone pick at a scabbed over flesh wound until there's no choice but to howl out in pain.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

LouieLovesTheater Profile Photo
LouieLovesTheater
#8re: Best Preformance of the night?

I think (hope) that Audra's performance really bought that show a big boost in box office. She's always dazzling but that performance was filled with joy. And that cartwheel?? I was sold.

raphael06 Profile Photo
raphael06
#9re: Best Preformance of the night?

haha Theatrediva!

Audra's for sure! Raul's was a letdown for me.

"I chose and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not."-Sunday in the Park with George

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#10re: Best Preformance of the night?

Definitely Audra

and I'm not even just trying to go along with the crowd, she really was incredible! makes me SO EXCITED to see the show in a few weeks!

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#11re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:19pm

110 without doubt was the best

worst-spring awakening

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#12re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:21pm

The goddess that is Audra McDonald. :)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

thesinger
#13re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:25pm

Fantasia/Raul

WickedToronto Profile Photo
WickedToronto
#14re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:37pm

I didn't think Audra's voice was good.

Chardonnay
#15re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:55pm

I'm honestly shocked at how many people adored Audra's performance. I was highly disappointed and thought 110 in the Shade was in the weaker half of the bunch. She was okay, but definitely not the best... in my opinion.

I thoroughly enjoyed most of the performances (Raul (even though I'm not a huge fan of his voice... his virbrato is a little too intense for me), Curtains, Chorus Line, Fantasia, and dare I say... Mary Poppins and SA) Christine had great comedic timing, but I was bored as ****.

My opinion... please don't yell at me.

#16re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:13pm

I really loved ALL the performances last night...they were wonderful! My favorites were Mary Poppins (it was cute and dare I say it- magical), Raul (my hero), and Spring Awakening (loved the censorship!).

What was with the "hardcore" camera job during Totally F***ed? It was extremely annoying and not in the least bit edgy.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#17re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:19pm

A Chorus Line was pretty amazing. Audra and Raul were great.

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#18re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:23pm

I loved Raul!

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#19re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:39pm

AUDRA

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

bigred3535
#20re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:39pm

Chorus Line stunk. Nothing you can't find in the movie or probably a dozen other TV clips. I was impressed with Audra. Don't know much about 110 in the Shade but I'm definitely more interested in it now than I was before. I thought Spring Awakening started out strong but went downhill after "Mama Who Bore Me." It didn't capture the energy of the regular show too well (because it was through TV or performer inexperience? who knows). I thought Raul captured the end of Company really well for not having the usual two hours to build up the character.

But the worst performance? Jersey Boys. One of my favorite shows and it was just badly put together, out of synch with the orchestra and kind of random and weird. A little disappointing - hopefully people who don't know about don't think that's how the show is.

Clarinetbiter135 Profile Photo
Clarinetbiter135
#21re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:43pm

Honestly, there wasn't a complete standout in my opinion. Most were good. And there were only a few *cough cough* jersey boys *cough cough* that just made my skin crawl. But yeah. No goosebump giving performances that I'll be talking about next week...

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#22re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:43pm

Christine, Raul, Audra, the gang from Curtains and Marvin Hamlsich. Boy he looked like he was having fun up on that rooftop. The rest of A Chorus Line was rather lame though.

suzannefabulous
#23re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:48pm

I think Audra McDonald's performance was stunning.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#24re: Best Preformance of the night?
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:48pm

A Chorus Line AKA The Tyler Hanes show.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Videos