pixeltracker

A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (new info: new cast enters July 24th)- Page 2

A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (new info: new cast enters July 24th)

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#25re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/3/07 at 8:05pm

Is it confirmed that Charlotte isn't doing matinee's for her renewal period?, because I haven't heard that anywhere but here.

If so, any word on which of her understudies is taking those two performances a week? I assume it'll be Nadine Isenegger.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

NJgirl
#26re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/3/07 at 8:39pm

my guess is it may be Dylis Croman who they have had as Cassie standby in the playbill for a while now.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#27re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/3/07 at 8:44pm

There are rumors going around that Dylis Croman wasn't asked back, so it's doubtful she'll be around after the cast change (though whoever is cast as her replacement may indeed become the matinee Cassie.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#28re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/3/07 at 8:50pm

It would be such a shame if that were true. I can't imagine why they wouldn't ask Dylis back. I saw her go on for Charlotte once and absolutely loved her. I thought she really nailed it, with the only thing being she looked a little young to be Cassie. Otherwise, she was spot on.

munkustrap926 Profile Photo
munkustrap926
#29re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/3/07 at 10:04pm

Michael Gruber's gonna be Greg.... That should be interesting.

mijofly19
#30re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/3/07 at 10:41pm

With the exception of Yazbeck have any of the others officially left the show yet?

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#31re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:22pm

No. He left early because of Gypsy. The others (with the exception of Tam) leave on July 22nd.

Josephine2 Profile Photo
Josephine2
#32re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/4/07 at 9:45am

It will be interesting to see how the energy of the show changes. It sounds like they have some wonderful replacements. I wonder how Kevin Worley's debut went...

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#33re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:46pm

I keep debating whether to see the show again before the original cast leaves (it would be my sixth time), or wait until the end of July, when the new cast comes in. As much as I want to see them all one last time, I'm eager to see the new energy - and enough of my original faves are staying.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Show Off
#34re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:57pm

Can anyone tell me about this play Chryssie's doing?

NJgirl
#35re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/4/07 at 4:37pm

I believe it's at the Signature in VA/DC. I was told the name but it's escaping me right now. It's not til late fall from what I understand...

everythingtaboo
#36re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/4/07 at 4:47pm

I believe Paul McGill's sis said recently in another thread he's staying on.

*happy dance*

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

stepkickkickleapkick
#37re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/4/07 at 11:19pm

I believe that Jessica Lea Patty was given the Cassie replacement position and is going to be guaranteed one show a week as Cassie. Nadine will perform the other matinee, I assume.

Dylis Croman was not renewed and her last day with the show was over a week ago. I loved her and I think TPTB made a mistake by not keeping her around. Maybe one day she will be back with the show.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#38re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/4/07 at 11:21pm

Have I mentioned I love Nick Adams?

I'm so going to see like, the same shows I saw in March when I go back to NYC in August..

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

#39re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/9/07 at 1:22pm

will ms. d'amboise do sunday's at 3?

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#40re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/9/07 at 2:32pm

Hello. I've never heard of Nick Adams before, but I checked out his website-- www.nickadams.biz . He certainly is easy on the eyes and has a wonderful voice. In his site, he has three audio clips so you can hear for yourself. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

broadwayguy2
#41re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/9/07 at 3:08pm

Yes, Nick is a hot guy and incredibly talented... I am more impressed and love the fact that he always has a link to donate to BC/EFA

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Heybeenfood
#42re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/9/07 at 3:35pm

When does Jason Tam leave? Or has he already left?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#43re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/9/07 at 8:02pm

I really liked Kevin Worley.

I caught Jessica Lea Patty as Diana yesterday, and thought she was fantastic. I think she could make a good Cassie, although she seems a bit young.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

bertandrew2 Profile Photo
bertandrew2
#44re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/9/07 at 8:18pm

Has anyone seen Michele Aravena go on?

everythingtaboo
#45re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/9/07 at 9:56pm

Heybeenfood, is it confirmed Jason is leaving?

munkustrap926 Profile Photo
munkustrap926
#46re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/9/07 at 10:10pm

I saw Michelle a Connie back when Yuka Takara was injured (i forget what happened to her). She was good and it was interesting to see how they edited the part when the actress isn't Asian.
Updated On: 7/9/07 at 10:10 PM

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#47re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/9/07 at 10:22pm

I've seen Michele as Diana twice, and she is totally wrong for that part. Maybe a better Connie/Maggie.

broadwayboy1017
#48re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (first up, Tony Yazbek)
Posted: 7/9/07 at 10:27pm

WAIT
where has it been said other than in the boards that charlotte will have a matinee cassie? or is it just a rumor??

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#49re: A Chorus Line Replacements Thread (new cast enters July 24th)
Posted: 7/10/07 at 4:00pm

So it looks as though all 9 replacements will be coming in on the 24th. So that means Arevana won't be standing in as Maggie for a few weeks and Jason Tam is leaving the same time as everyone else.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/109446.html

Videos