pixeltracker

This is my response to anyone that criticizes Charlotte D'Amboise- Page 2

This is my response to anyone that criticizes Charlotte D'Amboise

husk_charmer
#25re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:03pm

muscle-
I am THRILLED that you found something to enjoy in D'Amboise's performance in "A Chorus Line," however, you have got to respect that a large number of people did not enjoy it. I hate it when people dislike someone in a role that I found them good in. I hate it when people dislike a show that I enjoyed. (The "La Cage" revival comes to mind), but you have to let it go. You can spout TONS of facts and quotes at me, but it won't change my opinion of a performance. I can appreciate and respect the work that goes into said performance, however, it's not the work that goes IN, it's what comes OUT that matters. Kind of like a math test, I can do everything right in a math equation, but if I put a decimal in a wrong place when I put the final answer out, it's still wrong. Yes, I did a lot of work leading up to it, but if the final product isn't right, it doesn't matter.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#26re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:05pm

People, its called differing opinions.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#27re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:06pm

muscle, in one breath you imply she doesn't have enough time with her kids, and in another you imply she may have time to read BWW.

And it doesn't matter how hard someone is working at their role - many people work very hard at their roles! - if we have seen her performance and are not impressed, we have every right to state that opinion. I've seen it, and was not impressed. I could go further, but I won't.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

TapTapTapioca
#28re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:10pm

LOL! That's funny, I critized the play that didn't keep me awake, but I thought the acting was good. Alan was just fine.

Are you stupid?! Alan is the one that WROTE the play you criticized (which you spelled wrong) he was not in it. So then how did he do just fine?! Do you even know what you are talking about?

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#29re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:29pm

"LOL! That's funny, I critized the play that didn't keep me awake, but I thought the acting was good. Alan was just fine."

My post.

"Are you stupid?! Alan is the one that WROTE the play you criticized (which you spelled wrong) he was not in it. So then how did he do just fine?! Do you even know what you are talking about?"

What play did I spell wrong? I didn't post the name of ANY play. Maybe you're the "stupid" one, and may I remind you that name calling, or insulting is not allowed on this board.
Go eat some tapioca.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#30re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:37pm

Very well said, Huskcharmer.

Now muscle, take a breather, and quit annoying everyone on this board.

TapTapTapioca
#31re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:44pm

I never said you spelled a play wrong, I said you spelled the word criticized wrong. But I would really like to know what your defense is on why it is okay to criticize Alan but not Charlotte.

Edit: "Go eat Tapioca" might be my favorite line I have read on this board.

Updated On: 7/4/07 at 02:44 PM

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#32re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:51pm

There would be no board without name-calling and insulting.

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#33re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:01pm

I can't imagine that Michael Bennett would have allowed any Cassie to skip matinees. If anyone had approached him about it I would imagine that he would have responded that it's time for that particular actress to move on (be fired).

Dollypop
#34re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:02pm

I coouldn't criticize Charlotte if I tried because I've never seen her perform. Everytime I see a show she's in, her understudy is performing in her place. This dates back to JEROME ROBBINS' BROADWAY. I'm beginning to get paranoid about it.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Born To Reign
#35re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:04pm

It's because she hates you. Did you see her give you a dirty loo at the Tonys?

Born To Reign
#36re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:06pm

morosco: do you have confirmation that D'Amboise asked not to do matinees? It's been widely discussed that it may have been an offer from the producers.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#38re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:10pm

I just wanted to respond by saying that I absolutely loved Charlotte's performances in A CHORUS LINE (saw her twice), SWEET CHARITY, CHICAGO, and CARRIE (didn't see it live, but you get the picture). I'm sorry that some of you didn't enjoy her Cassie, but she was the first Cassie I ever saw and I thought she did an excellent job both times I saw her. Just my two cents. Thanks for listening.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#39re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:11pm

"morosco: do you have confirmation that D'Amboise asked not to do matinees? It's been widely discussed that it may have been an offer from the producers."

My post does not specifically refer to D'Amboise. Or any specific actress.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#40re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:11pm

It's one thing to enjoy her performance, but it's quite another to tell people that they can't dislike her performance because she gets accupuncture on Mondays. PLEASE.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Born To Reign
#41re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:18pm

And there was clearly no implication there...

sorry, must have been my mistake

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#42re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:33pm

"Are you stupid?! Alan is the one that WROTE the play you criticized (which you spelled wrong) he was not in it. So then how did he do just fine?! Do you even know what you are talking about?"

Now that's immature name calling.

TapTapTapioca
#43re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:38pm

Immature name calling would have been "You are stupid." I never told him he was, I asked him a valid question because I really do believe that he is stupid.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#44re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:53pm

This is possibly the dumbest thread I'ver ever read on these boards, and that is saying something.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

muscle23ftl
#45re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 3:58pm

"Now muscle, take a breather, and quit annoying everyone on this board"

Yet, you are posting in my thread.
Tapioca types "stupid+send"
yet, he keeps posting in my threads as well, the same about munk.

Anyways, thank you all for the nice words.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#46re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 4:00pm

You're welcome. Off now to my accupuncture appointment.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

muscle23ftl
#47re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 4:03pm

"The people criticizing are far from professional dancers. Baayork and the producers have seen the show since opening night and enjoyed her performance enough to renew her contract, so clearly she is doing something right"

Wickedgeek

Well said!

And to the people that said that she got her contract renewed just because she was nominated for the Tonys, I highly doubt it, since she didn't win the Award. They want her in the show, because she is perfection.

xoxo

husk_charmer
#48re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 4:04pm

Ok, so, the antagonizer (sp?) in me has to point this out:

Take a lesson from your signature muscle.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

muscle23ftl
#49re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 4:08pm

Indeed, Im not saying that people should agree with me in everything I say, this is just MY response to a thread saying that Charlotte is lazy.
I wanted to state my opinion, so Im doing it.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#50re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 4:13pm

My head hurts now.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Videos