pixeltracker

what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?- Page 2

what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#25re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:05pm

i agree either wilson or idina.

jimnysf
#26re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:13pm

Carol Channing! She'd be hot and would fit in now that they are casting older performers.

re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#27re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:14pm

I would actually like to see Gilles Chiasson come back.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#28re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:25pm

" But every single one of the other cast members at least attempted to be in character."

Haha! Good one? They were all goofing around up there to some degree. MOST of them didn't seem to have telling Rent's story and committing to their character on their list of most important things to do at Rent 10. Why are you singling Idina out?

"I'm saying she looked like she had little to no affection for the show, didn't want to be there, and just...she acts like it's something in her past that doesn't matter."

She seemed a bit spacey and overwhelmed, but it's awfully judgmental (and as Craww said, shallow) of you to turn THAT or her sort of subdued behavior into her not caring at all now based on her apparently ambiguous behavior on one overblown night. Of course, surely the fact that Rent is in her past and it doesn't matter to her anymore is manifest in things like...how she's been nearly brought to tears (and sometimes HAS been brought to tears) just talking about it at some of her most recent concerts.

Updated On: 7/13/07 at 11:25 PM

zorabet
#29re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:46pm

But, it's -not- just that night. I've seen interviews in which she's been asked about RENT, and blown it off, calling it her "stepping stone" and going on to ramble about Wicked.

You know, I'm sure she has some attachment to the show -she did meet her husband there. And I'm sure she was affected by the Jonathan thing, but...she seems like it wasn't important to her, and it irks me, honestly.

Christina  Cooper Profile Photo
Christina Cooper
#30re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:53pm

IDINA fo sho... Or Taye

"It's terrible to have a house fall on you, it is, but accidents will happen"

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#31re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:57pm

Well, either there are interviews slipping my mind or you've come across some I actually haven't read, because I don't think I've ever seen her blow the show off. And if the interviews you talk about (link...?) were during her time during Wicked, I think we've found your problem. That, of course, is beside the fact that you're jumping to conclusions with these vague references you keep throwing out there. Knowing her, she probably thinks most people don't know her from Rent (or The Wild Party, or See What I Wanna See), but from Wicked, and therefore she feels insecure about talking extensively about her other theater work, especially in media and press not geared towards the theatre-going audience because the message she's often being sent is "We want to hear about Wicked."

Updated On: 7/13/07 at 11:57 PM

a lyrical case
#32re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 1:01am

To answer the original post, I would be interested to see Jesse L. Martin and Idina Menzel in their respective roles.

Sorry to threadjack, but I'd just like to mention that I've read many interviews with Idina and I've never seen her blow off Rent in any way. On the contrary, in a recent Q&A with theatre.com to promote the London production of Wicked of all things, she talked in depth about the meaning that Rent still holds for her and the rest of the cast. We can never know for sure, but her words regarding the subject come off as heartfelt and genuine.

gobybubble
#33re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 1:21am

I would personally love to see Fredi Walker back as Joanne. She was fierce, and going by the Rent 10 reunion, she was even better then in her original run.
I would also love to see Kristen Lee Kelly return as well.

Kringas
#34re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:11am

Cats totally beat me to it. I vote for Gilles, too.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#35re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:42am

I love Jesse, and it would be amazing to see Wilson too...

I'm so excited to be going on the 13th. Less than a month now!

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

timrobb
#36re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 10:12am

gwen stewart and byron utley!

xalexx543x
#37re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 10:13am

Jessie L Martin!!! Hands Down!!! re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?

Theater Heaven Forums: http://bwayisamazing.proboards76.com

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#38re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 10:21am

Jesse. And Daphne, who always kicks ass. Always. (Even when she's not supposed to)

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

jimnysf
#39re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 10:59am

I still think Carol would fit in well with these geezers.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

erinrebecca
#40re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 11:25am

There are a lot of former castmembers that I'd like to see return, but none of them were OBC. Well, unless technically you include Norbert or Mark Setlock.

bonbon Profile Photo
bonbon
#41re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 1:55pm

Well Anthony would have been my first choice, and Adam my second. So I'm happy. But beside those two, I would have to say Jesse. And Collins isn't my favorite character or anything, but Jesse makes Collins a character, whereas many actors just try to be cool and sing the songs well. Plus he's totally fun to watch.
And I wouldn't mind seeing Idina come back, but I can see how that would cause controversy... Idina doesn't annoy me, but some of her teenage fangirls do. But that's beside the point.

jimnysf
#42re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 1:58pm

Rent is tired and dated. The idea of casting older actors is not appealing as they were already TOO OLD when they made the film version. Why not shake things up and make the male leads female and recast everyone? It might make this dated show seem fresher.

coolkid11776
#43re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 3:00pm

I think that Antonique Smith should come back as a full time Mimi even though she's not from the OBC I think she's better then the orginial Mimi
I HOPE SHE COMES BACK FULL TIME

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

coolkid11776
#44re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 3:00pm

I think that Antonique Smith should come back as a full time Mimi even though she's not from the OBC I think she's better then the orginial Mimi
I HOPE SHE COMES BACK FULL TIME

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#45re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 3:16pm

I still think Tony Danza would do a fierce "Santa Fe"

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

SweetQintheLights
#46re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/14/07 at 3:34pm

"None of them.

If I had to pick one, it would be Jesse L. Martin.
"

My thoughts exactly.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#47re: what other OBC member would you like to see come back to Rent?
Posted: 7/16/07 at 7:11pm

I would pick Idina, not only because I like her, but because it would increase ticket sales A LOT. Which means Rent can stay around longer. Which makes me happy.

Videos