News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

bare The Complete Studio Recording- Page 2

bare The Complete Studio Recording

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#25re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:48pm

Well this is very exciting if it is true to finally have a legal recording and now that they have been releasing the rights maybe this show will get the attention it deserves.

tourboi
#26re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:49pm

There are, indeed, many who can sing the score well. And I for one trust Damon and Jon to be able to find singers who are more than capable.

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#27re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:51pm

Let's hope this actually comes to be.

None of the cast is really 'high profile'. The only ones semi up there are Michael Arden and Jenna Leigh Green. John Hill and Natalie Joy Johnson is stretching a bit.

They can't even get on the D-list.

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#28re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:53pm

It's not a matter of finding people who can sing the score just as well as the NY cast (because I do know they're out there), but it was when the show transferred to NY - as far as I'm aware - that it really started getting a fanbase and that cast holds a special place in many people's hearts. Considering the show never transferred like it was supposed to, many people only see specific actors in certain roles. It just would have made the recording a lot more special, I think, if they'd gotten some of the NY cast to do it. But that's all my opinion.

broadwayguy2
#29re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:59pm

its a recording. why is it special?

tourboi
#30re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 2:04pm

Well, blame Dodgers for that.

As for the NY production building the fan base, while it certainly helped (as any production does), the show had a huuuuuuge fan following from its LA run already.

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#31re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 2:14pm

I don't think it was a problem with Dodgers. The theatre was held for a while.

Apparently the funding fell through for the show which is why the NY transfer never happened.

broadwayguy2
#32re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 2:16pm

um.. the funding through BECAUSE of the Dodgers.. who were producing it.

lets not get into that tale, it requires a friggin novel.

crushgroove
#33re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 2:16pm

Now that I know that the NY cast isn't a part of this, I'm kinda not interested. I chat with Michael Arden online, I'll ask if he has any info on this new recording.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#34re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 2:44pm

I contacted Damon earlier and just heard back from him. He said that it was ok to convey the following to you....

They are still recording and he said to expect some familiar voices as well as new ones and a few surprises. He said that today they are actually doing the synth parts to "One". It will be a double CD. He was unaware that the web team had gone ahead with the site already. He said they have been working on the recording for a long time in pieces. He is very excited. He didn't tell me who was going to be on the recording as he is sworn, contractually, to secrecy until closer to the release date. He was also surprised that people knew about the recording.

edit: I just went back to the site to sign up and noticed that the faq section is up along with the track listing.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 7/31/07 at 02:44 PM

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#35re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 3:39pm

um.. the funding through BECAUSE of the Dodgers.. who were producing it.

That honestly makes absolutely no sense to me considering they had the sign up for Bare to be in that theatre for MONTHS after it was supposed to have transferred and didn't. If it was their fault the transfer never happened, why would they have kept that theatre space saved "just in case"?

broadwayguy2
#36re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 4:11pm

They were hoping to regain the money they lost after they split from their sugar daddy investor.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
outovfashion07
#38re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 4:59pm

Haha I am definatly not a promoter of this show, no matter how much I would love to be. I just found this wonderful piece of info and decided to share it with all of the bare fans here.

Who is everyone hoping will be on the cd? Personally the only 2 who I will seriously miss will be Natalie and Jenna.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#39re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 5:02pm

I would miss Hill and Arden. I would suspect Arden may not be on the recording as he is in Europe. Unless vocal tracks were done before he left.

Updated On: 7/31/07 at 05:02 PM

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#40re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 5:14pm

One of the bonus' of the CD is a video recording of BARE. Scenes from the professionally recorded version.

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

outovfashion07
#41re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 5:16pm

BillFinn, where is that info coming from?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#42re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 5:43pm

Damon didn't mention that in his e-mails to me this morning. But he did say there would be a few surprises. I took that to mean the performers on the recording.

Updated On: 7/31/07 at 05:43 PM

#43re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 7:00pm

I'll be really upset if it's not the New York cast.. although I know it's completely unreasonable.

What'll happen to the 11 tracks they recorded way back when? Maybe they'll include those in there..

tourboi
#44re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 7:36pm

I don't get not being interested if it's not the NY cast. If you liked the show, and the score, wouldn't you want a preserved recording dispite who is on it?

But yes, it IS the Dodger's fault. They kept pumping money into Dracula the whole time, after they lost their major backer (Joop Van Den Ende) and used up a huge chunk of their own money, some of which was for Bare.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#45re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 7:44pm

It won't be the entire NY cast. He was vague about who was going to be on the CD's. he said some "familiar" voices. Not sure if he meant cast members or just vocalists we are familiar with.

Updated On: 7/31/07 at 07:44 PM

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#46re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 7:55pm

This is really bittersweet. Well I'm extremely happy that it's being recorded, I'm also sad because it's not the whole NY cast. I feel like they brought something so special to the show and it's so hard for me to picture it without them. I'm sure it will be great, but like I said, it's bittersweet.

Bare's getting a lot of talk on the boards lately. It makes me happy. I really do love this show.

Edit: I just made Broadway Legend with this post. Had to share.
Updated On: 7/31/07 at 07:55 PM

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#47re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 8:25pm

I loved what I heard on the sampler.

I remember Natalie Joy telling me when I went to Legally Blonde during previews, she had gotten this email claiming about a full recording, she said she wouldn't believe it till the creators told her. Well, I guess it's out.

I hope she does it.
And Micheal Arden.
And Jenna Leigh.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#48re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 8:27pm

Am VERY happy about this. Roll on September!

How long has it been since BARE anyway?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#49re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 8:44pm

I played New York in the Spring of 2004 into the summer if I remember correctly. I saw it in the spring of 2004.

Videos