Xanadu Commercial

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#25re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/19/08 at 10:19pm

Haha I love it!

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

seymour krelborn Profile Photo
seymour krelborn
#26re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/19/08 at 10:21pm

Thats fantastic! That fits the show so perfectly! It makes me want to see it again, so its served its purpose!

pharmer2000 Profile Photo
pharmer2000
#27re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/19/08 at 10:23pm

Totally Awesome Dudes!!! This Commercial is unique to itself. Captures the style of the show without just being a bunch of "clips" from the show. Funny stuff! Do you love it, or do you love it?

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#28re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/19/08 at 10:36pm

lol! That's gayer than... nothing comes to mind

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

Malice Profile Photo
Malice
#29re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/19/08 at 10:40pm

Cheyenne in his tank and shorts on a tv screen, what could be better besides seeing him live? Mary Testa has got the best line in the commercial, can't wait to see it on network tv.

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#30re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/19/08 at 10:53pm

Wow - I just noticed that the whole ensemble has a twin (clone) dancing in the same number with themselves - lol. They really did an awsome job on this commercial.

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#31re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/19/08 at 11:06pm

That was great!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

broadwaybaby086
#32re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/19/08 at 11:34pm

I saw the chalk drawing and felt bad for Kerry/Kira...then she emerged youthful and lovely and all was well!

That was bright. And funny.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#33re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/20/08 at 12:23am

That was delightfully camptastic. Hopefully, people who see it will get that the show is not a straightfoward adaptation of the movie, and that they should expect something completely different at the Helen Hayes.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#34re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/20/08 at 12:42am

re: Xanadu Commercial
re: Xanadu Commercial

I'm sure someone will cap it better later. I just love that it includes the streamers, the glowsticks, the rollerskates, the muse, 50s and 80s, and disco costumes, the concept of 'cast-doubling', the Santa Monica pier (sort of), the mural coming to life, their interpretation of the actual set, the bad movie the great reviews, a classic Jackie line reading, and all (save Annie) the swings and understudies at the time.

Extra credit for Cheyenne's hysterical/sexy line readings (and keeping his thighs center stage) and Tony Roberts jammin' in his finale sunglasses.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Updated On: 1/20/08 at 12:42 AM

masterthes
#35re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/20/08 at 1:55am

That was really great

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#36re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/20/08 at 2:02am

Marvelous!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#38re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/20/08 at 12:27pm

It's really hilarious how the ensemble is all in it twice!!

Ed_Mottershead
#39re: Xanadu Commercial
Posted: 1/20/08 at 12:41pm

Just saw it -- great job!!!! I spoke to Xanadu staff yesterday and one of the guys who was involved in the new artwork advised will be used for the souvenir program, as well as for the already-known commerical purposes. Great memento of the show!!!

BroadwayEd

Videos