pixeltracker

Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?- Page 2

Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?

Allshowsrock
#25re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:57pm

I didnt see Gardens either, which makes me ticked cuz it seemed like a great show.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#26re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:58pm

No, all shows do NOT rock.

Idina will rock when she comes back. Word has it that Norbert might too!

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#27re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 11:05pm

Those mocking the questioned asked are being arrogant numbskulls. How easy it has become to immediately mock anyone who posts the words "Wicked" or "Idina Menzel"--as if doing so actually makes one smarter or more informed about theater. (It doesn't).

Wicked has an anniversary celebration of sorts every year; of course there will be a fifth anniversary celebration. The idea of the producers of Wicked capitalizing on a 5th year milestone is more than likely. The prospect of them asking Ms. Menzel to do one performance isn't at all far fetched, though whether or not such a thing will happen is whole 'nother story.

ashley0139
#28re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 11:07pm

There's mocking not because of the Wicked/Idina subject matter, but because this exact question has been asked a million times before. And it's still eight months away.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

BroadwayGirl107
#29re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 11:20pm

Yes, I know. And those annoyed by it should consider ignoring it or finding something better to do with their time than count how many times the question has been asked or how many months away the Wicked 5th anniversary is, especially if they do not like the show.

Updated On: 2/20/08 at 11:20 PM

Urban
#30re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 11:47pm

Half the reason people posts on Message Boards is to bash. :-p

Now you don't want Rob to loose all that nice advertising revenue because people stop posting their bitchy queeny comments on BWW eh?

BroadwayGirl107
#31re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/20/08 at 11:55pm

Well, then I suppose all that money would have to instead be spent by the posters here to pay for therapy for their inferiority complexes rather than picking on every young kid who posts about Wicked or their first show with the excitement the "bitchy queens" wished they still had.
Updated On: 2/20/08 at 11:55 PM

RoseStopnikCooks Profile Photo
RoseStopnikCooks
#32re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 12:20am

Oh, for God's sake. The woman has repeatedly said after London's engagement, she would never return. LET IT GO.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#33re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 12:22am

While neither will be coming back to WICKED, I hear there will be a special live presentation of Celebrity Death Match between Kristin and Idina, in full Galinda and Elphie gear.

Get your tickets now!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#34re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 12:25am

hahaha. That would be great to see.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

ashley0139
#35re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 12:40am

Now THAT I would actually pay for. re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

COOOOLkid
#36re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 12:46am

Lion King
Color Purple
WICKED (obviously)
Seussical
Xanadu
Spring Awakening (sp)
Titanic
Young Frank.
RENT
Jersey Boys
Little Mermaid
Tarzan

theater is my life

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#37re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 1:28am

Will she come back and sing the Cow song?

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Urban
#38re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 1:37am

Now, now Idina is more of a horse then a cow :)

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#39re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 2:23am

You know, I just had it.

first of all, if you don't know how to spell Eyedine's name properly you can't be that much of a fan.

I bet you didn't even see Tarzan and Seussical, ur list is obviously fake, I saw Rent with Adam Rapps the other night , and i'm his idol...sick of these fakers.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

justabwaybaby Profile Photo
justabwaybaby
#40re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 2:34am

"I'm trying to score tickets to Stranger Passing"

Erm, it's called Passing Strange, hon.

I must agree with ashley0139. Try expanding your horizons.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#41re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 2:35am

WannaBe, I LOOOOVE CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH, I must get tickets to this event. Can't wait to see Idina stick her broomstick in Kristin's....

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Urban
rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#43re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 5:09am

lol

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#44re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 6:17am

ok, now in all seriousness she probably will come back like Adam and Anthony (in rent) Because her contract says she needs to do Wicked 1 more time before she can do any other plays.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#45re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 8:25am

Allshowsrock, I feel the same as you do.

As a 34 year old die-hard WICKED/Idina fan, it is not the fact people dislike her/the show, it's how they bash a person personally for liking it/her. They always assume we WICKED fans are a child/pre-teen/teen who has never seen another Broadway musical and has no taste because they like it and think she can sing. Say you don't like the show, point out that Idina had a rough night at the Tony's. DON'T call us stupid for liking it and standing behind her.

Anyway, I'd love to know where you people get your info. Where did you guys hear that she might come back for the 5th anniversary?

And musicalmaster703 how in the WORLD can you personally know exactly what Idina's contract says?!

Or am I falling into a trap here...?

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 2/21/08 at 08:25 AM

Yankeefan007
#46re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 8:31am

Because musicalmaster703 is the master of posting all things false about musicals.

This thread is fun.

AllshowsRock should see some plays.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#47re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 8:37am

Ah, I see Yankeefan007 re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?

Thank you for the heads up.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

ashley0139
#48re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 8:59am

Say you don't like the show, point out that Idina had a rough night at the Tony's. DON'T call us stupid for liking it and standing behind her.

But no one even said that in this thread! No one called any names. No one even started getting defensive until Allshowsrock posted his (unoriginal and done 57395682 times before) rant. The reason people were even being sarcastic at all was because of the question, not the subject matter.

bwayguy22089
#49re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Posted: 2/21/08 at 12:17pm

Whoa, you people are crazy lol. Now, I am a 19 year old boy living in NY. I absolutely love Wicked. I have seen many if not all of the current shows, and I have to say it is my favorite. However, people are allowed to disagree with me. That's the beauty of theatre, no? One show can be incredible to one person while another is incredible to someone else. Despite this, we should all respect each other. Let's not just throw words around for the sake of it. You don't have to love Wicked, or any show, but I think they should all be respected. People put a lot of time and work into shows. For one, it is very difficult being 19 these days and loving shows like Guys and Dolls, South Pacific, The Music Man and Carousel (all of which I absolutely adore). However, I love shows like Rent and Wicked too. It just seems so many young people nowadays are neglecting the older shows, while many others aren't seeing the good in the newer ones. There is a line separating modern musicals from the classics. However, one is not "better" than the other. Let's all just respect each other and take each others opinions for what they are worth re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?

P.S. - I highly doubt Idina or Kristin will return to the show anytime soon. Idina is focussing on her songwriting career while Kristin is working on her TV career. Both are amazing performers and they should move on. I don't think they will ever forget the show (after all, it made them stars). I think the only time they will return to the show is when it closes (whenever that day will be...10 years?) or when the movie is made. Idina actually shouldn't return to it for awhile. Anytime she is with the show she starts out wonderfully, but eventually becomes tired. I would hate for her to go through with that again. It's a lot for one performer. She has done the show for more than 600 performances. Take a break love re: Idina Menzel To Wicked for the 5th Anniversary?
Updated On: 2/21/08 at 12:17 PM

Videos