News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal- Page 2

Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

bbabe24
#25re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 5:01pm

I would totally go see them. I saw Heinz Winckler and Jeff (?) Resnick as Roger and Mark in the tour cast in Chicago, and although they have good voices, I didn't care for their acting. Throughout the whole show I kept comparing them to Adam and Anthony. They are Roger and Mark to me.

On a sidenote, the rest of the cast was great. And to those of you who think Rent is "dead", the show definitely drew an audience on the day I went.

Come back, Anthony and Adam!!!

"Crabby old b*tches are the bedrock of this nation." --Mrs. T, Avenue Q

knicknut
#26re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 5:34pm

In response about getting security for A&A, when Adam Pascal came to my university for a concert in the auditorium, I was a volunteer usher. It was built into his contract that he have an usher manning each set of stairs on the sides up to the stage to prevent people from rushing the stage in the middle of the concert.

While I can understand security for stage doors on the road, etc., this request seemed terribly vain. I mean people weren't even standing, let alone trying to rush the stage.

(Apparently he also turned down the committee that brought him in and paid him's invitations for a thank you dinner/reception before OR after the show, and was apparently the only artist they had brought in all year who declined without reason.) Updated On: 2/22/08 at 05:34 PM

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#27re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 6:13pm

I've never even seen someone stand up and clap along at his concerts and he's worried about someone rushing the stage? Oy.

Did he also request a bowl of M&Ms with all the brown ones picked out?

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#28re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 6:46pm

Orangeskittles, don't be ridiculous.

Adam only likes the green M&Ms. It's Anthony who has the brown ones picked out.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/22/08 at 6:47pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 06:47 PM

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#30re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 6:49pm

that one had me laughing for a few minutes.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/22/08 at 6:50pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 06:50 PM

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#32re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 6:56pm

Lizzie? What is it with yours and half the people's on this site's need to be a jerk? Honestly, do you HAVE TO be so rude?

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#33re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 6:58pm

I know, but I love it! All I can say is Bring it on Claymates!!

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/22/08 at 7:02pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 07:02 PM

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#35re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 7:09pm

I think I smell a throw-down! Hold on, let me go get my popcorn...

Updated On: 2/22/08 at 07:09 PM

Stefrio
#36re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 7:17pm

Just a quick comment on the Midwest question. Rent was sold out for the week that it played in Chicago. I had a friend who had never seen it on stage so I took her. I was only able to get weak day tickets and not great seats. When I spoke to someone at the theatre, he said that most of the seats were sold during a presale or as part of the season tickets.

As for the performance, good singers with weak acting skills. Some of the cast was not put in the roles that fit their voice. IMO Heinz has a great voice but just not really right for Roger. I felt the same about the guy playing Collins.

As for a tour, I would buy tickets. There are plenty of theatre people in Chicago who love a good musical ( and are a little tired of seeing Wicked and Jersey Boys)

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#37re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 7:20pm

Okay, I'm back. Let the throw-down commence re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#38re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 7:28pm

Stefrio,

I don't think Chicago really counts when you're talking about the midwest. Chicago is one of the few cities in America that support a thriving theater industry, and it is very much a sophisticated, metropolitan city.

The "midwest" in question seems to be places like Indiana, Kentucky, etc- places where theater is not prominent and where A&A won't be recognized.
It's not so much a matter of geography as it is demographics.

oohshizz146
#39re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 7:35pm

True, thats what most people on this site do.

Craww
#40re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 7:38pm

I live in the actual midwest, and the Rent tour did really well here. Considering the tour does well enough either way, Rapp and Pascal could really only help.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#41re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 10:52pm

At least LizzieCurry didn't resort to personal insults.

I only do this when extremely bored and/or following the herd, so...yeah, not happening here. re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

oohshizz146
#42re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 10:54pm

re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

FinalDestination Profile Photo
FinalDestination
#43re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:57pm

I personally enjoy all the sarcasm on here. It's what makes this board what it is! Oh and all the talk about Broadway.....

Back on subject:
I do think that they will only help the tour more. It does do well in the first place. When it played in St. Louis it only played for a weekend and it was generally almost entirely sold out when it went on-sale. So, I do think they can only help out more.

I personally can't stand the show live onstage, but I'd see it with them in it.

"That's a good point. Next time I pee on a Starbucks couch and throw straws and napkins at a barista, I'll just yell, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME OUTSIDE OF STARBUCKS! YOU DON'T KNOW ME AT ALL!" and that should do it. "-LizzieCurry

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#44re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/23/08 at 12:00am

Anthony alone brings out all the drama geeks, fangirls, fanboys, and everybody in between. I had no idea that many of them could fill up one small indie bookstore in San Francisco until I was IN the throngs.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#45re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/23/08 at 12:02am

And yet Anthony isn't the one that requires security so the peons don't come into contact with him.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Toon
#46re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/23/08 at 12:51am

And yet Anthony isn't the one that requires security so the peons don't come into contact with him.

I know someone booking him for a future gig, and I've got a pretty recent rider. He didn't ask for security or anything out of the ordinary or high maintenance. He had a very standard rider as a matter of fact. I'm not saying he didn't request security at the University, but I know for a fact that a rider sent recently didn't include anything like that. Just wanted to clarify that since there are assumptions being made.

rentmovie1205
#47re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/25/08 at 1:53pm

So if this does happen, I hope RENT comes to a city I can get to easily even if it's like Binghamton. I have a couple people in my family (myself included) that would love to see Adam and Anthony.

Rentheadut Profile Photo
Rentheadut
#48re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/25/08 at 2:12pm

Tour will start in January, with both Adam and Anthony on board. They will tour for 20-30 weeks, not sure if the tour will go on past that.

"The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous." -Carrie Bradshaw

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/25/08 at 3:35pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 03:35 PM

Videos