pixeltracker

Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!- Page 2

Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!

Poppy
#25re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 2/29/08 at 12:33am

Morning Glory, I couldn't agree more. J. Mark McVey is a fantastic talent. His "Bring Him Home" is always a show stopper. You didn't mention the fabulous free show he and his wife, Christy Tarr do in his hometown in NJ every summer. Date is on his website if anyone is interested. And he is one of the nicest people you'll ever met. Knock them dead, Mark!!!

morningglory
#26re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 3/9/08 at 6:57am

Thanks Poppy. Yeah his summer concert. Guess he will get to do that just before he leaves for LA. Always a wonderful concert and always packed. I've never seen a relaxed summer concert crowd in lounge chairs actually jump to their feet to give a standing ovation - but, they sure did this year when he did 'Music of the Night' - which was awesome............

haddaddy3 Profile Photo
haddaddy3
#27re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 3/9/08 at 1:07pm

Les Miz is Rosie's favorite show and she wanted to be in the revival when it was originally a limited 6-month run, but Cameron said no. She cares about Les Miz too much to "screw it up". I think she'll be fine. I saw her in FIDDLER and she was great.

You look absolutely terrific, honestly.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#28re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 3/9/08 at 1:11pm

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardid=1&thread=893447

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#29re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 3/9/08 at 1:43pm

When PQ was at THE VIEW, Rosie told Boublil and Schonberg that LES MISERABLES had been her favorite show as a child and that it "defined her moral compass" in life, or something to that effect.

On the CASTCOM video they also said that Rosie was actually offered the part twice before but turned it down because she didn't think she could do the role justice vocally.

Boublil said he hoped that she would even just talk it one day because he thought she'd be great... maybe that's the kick in the pants she needed to finally accept the role. Or maybe not. Either way, I can't wait to see what she does with the part.

WhoLovesYou28
#30re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 3/9/08 at 3:07pm

Im super excited=)! I wish I lived in Hollywood so i could see this! I wonder if any1 will video it? Is that against the rules?

morningglory
#31re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 3/10/08 at 1:13am

Rosie has always been a big Broadway fan and the fact that she knows her limitations and wants to do justice to this role is wonderful. Looking forward to this production.

LizzieCurry
#32re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 6:04pm

JLY as Marius?!

Sorry, I have trouble picturing that, but it should be interesting...

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#33re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 6:12pm

Wait, when was it announced that JLY was going to be Marius?

LizzieCurry
#34re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 6:14pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=27104

jerseyboyschick2 Profile Photo
jerseyboyschick2
#33re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 6:16pm

Im not sure when exactly, but theres an article with the full cast on the BWW homepage.
Im excited that we get to hear JLY do something since his concert and Jersey Boys. I'd love to hear how he sings these songs.

"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe

g4rat Profile Photo
g4rat
#34re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 6:17pm

Now I really realy want to go to this.

LizzieCurry
#35re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 6:20pm

Im not sure when exactly, but theres an article with the full cast on the BWW homepage.

Maybe I linked it. re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!

jerseyboyschick2 Profile Photo
jerseyboyschick2
#36re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 6:27pm

Oh wow, Sorry about that Lizzie. I read all the posts to make sure I wasn't repeating others. I guess I just scrolled past it.

"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#37re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 6:30pm

interesting cast. JLY could be amazing.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#38re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 6:31pm

Thanks Lizzie.

I wish I could see this so badly. What a cast!

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
#39re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 6:38pm

"Rosy, stay home with the kids."

Perhaps YOU should stay home with kids if you're that unimpressed with her casting and leave those who enjoy her do just that.

...5678 Profile Photo
#40re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 6:45pm

Does anyone know if this will be recorded and televised like the 10th anniversary show?

JB Fan
#41re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 9:31pm

I am actually shocked that anyone would be surprised at the JLY casting. He is so similar in looks to Peter Lockyer who played Marius forever on Broadway.

He is also similar to recent Marius, Adam Jacobs. All are shorter, dark and sweet looking.

I think the whole Frankie "falsetto" thing is throwing you.

But in his concert he sang some lovely legit rich sounding songs, like "Til" and "What a Difference a Day Makes" and a few others. He actually had this "voice" moreso that anyone would think.

LizzieCurry
#42re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 9:31pm

He is so similar in looks to Peter Lockyer who played Marius forever on Broadway.

I NEVER would've thought of that, but yeah... (although likening any potential Marius to Peter Lockyer is not going to win me any favors :) )

I think the whole Frankie "falsetto" thing is throwing you.

It's not that. I've heard his non-Frankie stuff and I just don't think his legit voice is that interesting. I don't dislike his voice, and I don't think he'll be bad, but of all people, JLY? Oh well...

Updated On: 4/21/08 at 09:31 PM

JB Fan
#43re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 9:38pm

LizzieCurry, can you help us find something online of his legit voice, because I can't find anything. Outside of his live concert, which I don't think was recorded, where would I find his legit voice online?

SporkGoddess
#44re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/21/08 at 10:41pm

I just read that Michele Maika played Eponine on Broadway, not Cosette. Does she have the soprano chops for Cosette??

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#45re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/22/08 at 1:30am

Peter Lockyer. Lol.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#46re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/22/08 at 9:21am

JLY doesn't look like or sound like Peter Lockyer, at all. I adore both of them but they are quite different.

p.s.
#47re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
Posted: 4/22/08 at 12:02pm

Does anyone know if this will be recorded and televised like the 10th anniversary show?

It is inconceivable that it wouldn't be. DVD as well.

p.s.

I wonder if any 1 will video it? Is that against the rules?

Yes, it is against the rules:

"Note: Cellular telephones, pagers, cameras, laser pointing devices and recording devices may not be operated in the theater."

Videos