pixeltracker

The hardest you ever laughed..- Page 2

The hardest you ever laughed..

[tos]fan999 Profile Photo
[tos]fan999
#25re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 10:35pm

the adult Bee was great.
I almost fell out of my seat.

<-----Bernadette Peters and Alexander Hanson in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC.

Send in the clowns...Send in the crowds!

"I prefer neurotic people. I like to hear rumblings beneath the surface."-Stephen Sondheim

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#26re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 10:35pm

An ad-libbed bit in "Xanadu" when an ornery fly began to attack Whoopi Golberg, Mary Testa and Curtis Holbrook onstage.

Their interaction and on-the-fly remarkas, capped with Whoopi changing the into of "Fool" from "Fi! Yeah, Fi!" to "Fly! Yeah, Fly!" while Curtis chased after the fly and successfully squished it to an ovation from the audience.

I almost peed myself.

pli1018
#27re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 10:36pm

1.) Is He Dead?
2.) Boeing-Boeing
3.) Dirty Rotten Scoundrels/Spelling Bee

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#28re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 10:36pm

I think I cried the most during Mark Richard Ford's I'll Cover You (Reprise) in RENT. I used to get really choked up during The I Love You Song in Spelling Bee.

Also Passing Strange, HAIR, Spring Awakening (specifically DDS, especially with John Gallgher) and Grey Gardens made me cry too.

DefyGravity777
#29re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 10:54pm

The first time I saw Legally Blonde laughed so hard that I cried.

Annaleigh Ashford's last show at Wicked her and Steph's silly ablids had me cracking up but their last For Good had me crying like a baby.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#30re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 10:57pm

For me it's a tie between Xanadu and Avenue Q, both for different reasons. With Avenue Q it's mainly what's in the text of the play itself. With Xanadu, it's all in the fantastic performances (okay, and somewhat to be attributed to the great book) from every person on stage. Both have me in stitches.

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#31re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 11:01pm

The hardest I ever laughed was the first act of the original "Noises Off" with the divine Dorothy Loudon. I laughed so loud that, at intermission, some lady a few rows in front of me was just GLARING at me. It was fitting that I didn't laugh OUT LOUD during the second act, as it all takes place backstage.

It's not the hardest I ever cried, but the most I ever cried was at "The Larramie Project". I wasn't sobbing, but the tears just poured down my face.

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

lstbutifulgrl2
#32re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 11:05pm

laughing:
Avenue Q

laughing at a blooper:

the last thursday show of RENT when Justin came out as "Pussy Galore" without the wig.

crying:
Marcus Paul James' ICY Reprise in RENT
Alabanza (which i know i probably spelled wrong) ITH.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#33re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 11:08pm

Laughed: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. No matter how many times I went.
Cried: Second time at Spring Awakening during "Left Behind". A kid at my school had just died and it really hit me hard because I saw what the parents were going through(ish).

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#34re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 11:15pm

Second City made me laugh hysterically.
I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw AVENUE Q.

As for crying:
I was bawling in the second act of PASSING STRANGE.
I got a little choked up during "Nine People's Favorite Thing" at [tos].
The first time I listened to the In the Heights OBC, after having seen the show, I started crying during "Atencion" and "Everything I Know."

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#35re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 11:17pm

Laughed: easily Drowsy Chaperone.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 9/15/08 at 11:19pm

Updated On: 5/1/09 at 11:19 PM

Salene Profile Photo
Salene
#37re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 11:20pm

First time I saw Noises Off (at my university)
Avenue Q

Craww
#38re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 11:51pm

The hardest I ever laughed was probably at Spelling Bee. Not necessarily because it was funnier than the amusing moments in other shows, but because blatant laughter was more appropriate for that show than most I've seen.

Actually, I probably laughed harder at Mirror-Blue Night from Spring Awakening. But I was polite enough to keep it entirely stifled.

broadwayboy101
#39re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 11:58pm

The elevator scene in the recent tour of Sweet Charity...it just kept going and going, and the whole audience was in tears from laughing so hard.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#40re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/15/08 at 11:59pm

Spamalot

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

puppet
#41re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 12:03am

AVE Q. One terrific laugh after another.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#42re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 12:06am

The hardest I ever laughed was at The Scarlet Pimpernel during the handkerchief and hat dance in "The Creation of Man" and the following scenes in which Percy was acting all foppish in order to hide his true identity. I don't think I've ever laughed more at any other show. Not even at a Mel Brooks show.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#43re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 12:12am

At a Broadway show? Spelling Bee Broadway night.

At any show? Freestyle Love Supreme re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#44re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 12:20am

I was cracking up during Second City in Chicago, and both Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and [title of show] had me in stitches as well.

I'm not one to cry much during a show, but I did cry during the last 15 minutes of Grey Gardens, and "A Way Back to Then" in [tos] had me tearing up a little as well.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

kate2
#45re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 12:29am

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Xanadu the first time I saw it because I had no clue what I was in for!

dakota242
#46re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 12:54am

Spamalot for me too. Thanks Eric Idol, Mike Nichols, etc.

thereisnofuture Profile Photo
thereisnofuture
#47re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 3:11am

A high school production of Rumors I went to was insanely hilarious.

lesmis Profile Photo
lesmis
#48re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 6:03am

Avenue Q
The Full Monty
Updated On: 9/16/08 at 06:03 AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#49re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 6:56am

Since "cried" has been added...

Closing performance of Roundabout's Sunday In The Park With George in June. I always cried during "Move On", but I was literally sobbing at closing.

VERY close second (practically tied) was closing of Next to Normal ~ another one that always got me, but at closing when Diana was talking with Natalie at the end, Alice broke and sobbed audibly during that pause I turned into a total puddle.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Videos