pixeltracker

Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition- Page 2

Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#25re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 10/9/08 at 6:17pm

I have to agree with "A Light In The Dark". That song just fits in that place for me. Not having been familiar with versions earlier than 2econd Stage, I didn't know "I've Been" was initially in the show until it was mentioned on here. Listening to it, I just don't think it would have the same impact as "A Light In the Dark" in that place. Not saying it couldn't go in somewhere, but at that moment, "A Light In The Dark" just fits for me.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

snl89
#26re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 10/10/08 at 8:29pm

CASTING!!!
https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=34047

EPIC EPIC WIN. omg. AARON!! And Jenn and Adam!! <33

with 2/3 of my necessary casting (Alice, Aaron, and Brian) in tact, I can hardly complain :P

edit: good thing I did NOT notice the new thread on this topic haha. But.. whatever.. if this is serving as the official NtN 2.0 thread, we might as well have the info in here too, right? :)

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 10/10/08 at 08:29 PM

ChecksintheMayo
#27re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 10/10/08 at 8:48pm

Louis Hobson was fantastic in West Side Story at the 5th. I think you'll really like him.

snl89
#28re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 10/10/08 at 8:52pm

^
Well I can't fairly judge him on voice or acting yet since I've never heard of him before, but

re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition

I certainly approve of his looks! :P

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

couldneverreallysing
#29re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 10/11/08 at 1:34am

So excited about Louis Hobson being in this. I know he's different than some of the previous castings (a little younger), but he is going to be amazing! A gifted actor with a phenomenal voice. I am a big fan!

This show is going to be so good. I will keep my fingers crossed for Broadway!

regnad kcin Profile Photo
regnad kcin
#30re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 10/12/08 at 11:11am

He looks like Michael Cera's older brother :)

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#31re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 10/31/08 at 5:35pm

http://www.arenastage.org/season/08-09/next-to-normal/

There's some song clips on the website. And I like the new poster.

RentBoy86
#32re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/1/08 at 1:04am

I sort of hope they change up the set design. I hated having all the characters grabbing the poles at every moment.

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#33re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/2/08 at 1:08pm

What do you think about J. Robert Spencer as Dan?

I feel really unsure about the choice, not sure why.

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
snl89
#35re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/2/08 at 2:00pm

Ok I am kind of OBSESSED with the recording of I'm Alive on the website. Not that I havn't heard the song a million times before, but it's just.. it makes me SO EXCITED at the prospect of an official recording, because it sounds SO amazing in non-bootleg form! Even just professionally recorded live, I love. it.

aaand those promotional pictures= <3

EEP I can't wait!

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#36re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/2/08 at 2:26pm

The second image is definitely from 2st.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#37re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/2/08 at 5:59pm

Ooh, I love the new poster!

I know you. I know you. I know you.

RentBoy86
#38re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/3/08 at 12:35am

I don't care for the new poster. It's too busy to be used on a marquee or playbill. Just something simple with the words would be nice, but I like the idea.

burntplains Profile Photo
burntplains
#39re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/3/08 at 1:14am

I don't mind the new poster but I wouldn't miss it if they designed a new one!

I'm so pumped. I just bought my tickets for in December! :)

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#40re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/3/08 at 1:47am

The new poster is alright, I am glad to see they did away with the stupid negative photograph one.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#41re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/12/08 at 7:15pm

BUMP....

To say that there are six days (two with mats) up on Goldstar for this. I was gonna wait until closing weekend and make it work with another trip, but the price is right. Nothing wrong with seeing it twice, right?

Just wanted to give a heads up for those like me who like a discount in these troubled times!

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#42re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/13/08 at 12:02pm

Just a quick question - what are the odds of this extending its run? Has there been any talk of it yet? Or would that not happen until it opens? I will be there a little less than a month after and would love to see this, so just curious. Thanks!

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#43re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/13/08 at 12:29pm

Arena has "A Delicate Balance" scheduled to start Feb 6th in that theater so I would think that it wouldn't extend.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#44re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/14/08 at 3:51am

Grrr, I'll miss it by so little. Oh well, thank you a lot for the information.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#45re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/14/08 at 6:39am

And Aaron returns to Wicked on January 20, according to him. Next to Normal closes the 18th. If there were an extension, it would be without him.

lstbutifulgrl2
#46re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/19/08 at 8:00pm

my friend was able to get us front row tickets for friday night. i'm so excited right now!

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

FeelingElectric
#47re: Next to Normal- the Arena Stage edition
Posted: 11/19/08 at 8:23pm

I will be at the first performance on Friday as well. After seeing it at the 2005 NYMF and at Second Stage, I can't wait to see how fantastic this incarnation of the show is.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

Videos