pixeltracker

Judy Kuhn "Nobody's Side"- Page 2

Judy Kuhn "Nobody's Side"

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#25re: Judy Kuhn 'Nobody's Side'
Posted: 12/31/08 at 2:44pm

That arrangement is wretched.

Do you have her newest album? It is fantastic.

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#26re: Judy Kuhn 'Nobody's Side'
Posted: 12/31/08 at 2:47pm

I loved Judy Kuhn as Fantine... and as Pocahontas.

Maybe it's as a result of listening to the Pocahontas soundtrack so much as a child, but people keep telling me I sound a lot like Judy Kuhn-- and I don't think I've ever been compared to anyone else vocally. Weird.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#27re: Judy Kuhn 'Nobody's Side'
Posted: 12/31/08 at 3:01pm

See, now I think it's soooo different that it actually works. But, I guess that's just me... BUT, her "Everything's Coming Up Roses" sucks.

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#28re: Judy Kuhn 'Nobody's Side'
Posted: 12/31/08 at 5:08pm

Kuhn's version is great, but Elaine Paige is the definitive Florence for me. I used to hate Julia Murney's "Nobody's Side" and still have major issues with her vocal performance as Florence, but her version of the song has...kind of grown on me a little. Other than the hideous shriek thing she does. Still, she has nothing on Elaine and Judy.

TommyC78
#29re: Judy Kuhn 'Nobody's Side'
Posted: 12/31/08 at 6:33pm

I thought Murney SCREAMED that riff and it was just off.

Has anyone hears Lauren Kennedy sing it? My god, amazing vocals!

sweetestsiren
#30re: Judy Kuhn 'Nobody's Side'
Posted: 12/31/08 at 7:49pm

I thought I'd like Lauren Kennedy's version because there's something about her vocal quality I just love, but her "Nobody's Side" seemed weak to me.

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#31re: Judy Kuhn 'Nobody's Side'
Posted: 12/31/08 at 9:09pm

I adore Judy Kuhn's performance of "Nobody's Side".

(Her "Never Again" from King David is another favorite. She's incredible.)

yeslets Profile Photo
yeslets
#32re: Judy Kuhn 'Nobody's Side'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 9:48pm

How many recordings of Chess are there? Because I have an awesome version of 'Nobody's Side' on my ipod - spelled 'Nodoby's Side' - but it's also a bit of a mystery. I don't know who's singing, and I don't know where I got it from. From the pronunciation of words like 'fast' and 'cast' she sounds like she might possibly be English, but it's definitely not Elaine Page. And her high note is fierce! Can anyone help me out here?

sweetestsiren
#33re: Judy Kuhn 'Nobody's Side'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 2:32am

If it's definitely a cast recording and not a bootleg, my best guess would be that it's Emma Kershaw from the Danish tour cast recording.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#34re: Judy Kuhn 'Nobody's Side'
Posted: 3/7/09 at 3:57am

I love Judy's version, she is the best. I love her in Sunset Blvd. she is a wonderful actress, and she can sing pop and soprano both. I also love Idina's version.

Judy come back to Broadway!!!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
BroadwayBenny
#35re: Judy Kuhn 'Nobody's Side'
Posted: 3/7/09 at 10:48am

ad another Kuhn fan to the mix. Her voice frequently gives me goosebumps. She reminds of the the days before the Broadway "belt" got out of control.

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#36re: Judy Kuhn 'Nobody's Side'
Posted: 3/7/09 at 9:20pm

I always thought that the producers of "Chess" should have made some videos of the show with the cast to help promote it.

I mean is there a more "80's" score than "Chess"?

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

Videos