pixeltracker

Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS Tonight- Page 2

Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS Tonight

PiraguaGuy2
#25Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
Posted: 4/14/09 at 12:39am

Actual thoughts on the play, WAT?

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#26Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
Posted: 4/14/09 at 12:40am

Oh, I loved the show...I can't wait to go back tomorrow and Wednesday. I just hope those two aren't there...

I'm glad that some people agree with me on this...

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#27Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
Posted: 4/14/09 at 12:42am

I totally agree with you Bettyboy. The fact that this was in the round made it SO much worse. I couldn't watch the action on stage without noticing them in the background, especially since so much took place right in front of them.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!
Updated On: 4/14/09 at 12:42 AM

chrisampm2
#28re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 12:45am

WAT, while I rarely agree with your opinion on shows, I'm totally with you on audience behavior. If you're in the first row(s) at a theater-in-the-round, you've got to behave like you're on stage, because as far as at least half the audience is concerned, you are.
Now that I'm being judgmental, I've got to confess. I was in the first row once of a teeny tiny theater. The stage light spilled onto our row. I had a friend's phone on me and had tried, incorrectly, to turn it off. Of course, I got a phone call. If I had tried to find the phone at the bottom of a large bag, I would have been a very visible distraction so I let it ring the four times. Of course this phone was set to beep every 5 minutes and there were no scene breaks. Intermission eventually came and I turned the phone off. The only good thing I did is go to the house manager, who directed me to the producer, and I apologized. I understand if I'll now be booted from the board. But I've never been bad again. And I avoid any contact with my seatmates at all costs. Confession over. And on behalf of stripes and purple, WAT, I apologize.

WithoutATrace
#29re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 12:48am

Thank you, Chris. As I stated above, I'm glad that at least some people agree with me on this...

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#30re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 12:51am

I would have been irritated by that kind of behavior too...

Oh well, at least you guys enjoyed the show! I think I'm gonna go see it in the next week or so...

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#31re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 12:57am

This reminds me of this young couple who was directly in front of me at Gypsy one time. They were cuddling and kissing throughout the entire thing. Not full-on making out, just giving each other kisses during the blackouts and during some scenes. I couldn?t see at all. The only way I could see was between their heads, but because the guy had his arm around the girl and they had their heads on each other?s shoulders, I couldn?t see. The PDA that you guys described at Norman Conquests sounds even worse.

It was VERY annoying and distracting. I definitely agree with you, WAT.

It's not as extreme as the people having sex at Legally Blonde, but still, come on... it's inappropriate.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#32re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 1:00am

I remember going to see PHANTOM quite a while back with my grandma and this couple directly in front of us literally made out throughout the ENTIRE first act. Not exaggerating.

My grandma, being the stereotypical feisty grandmother, told them to get a room. They left during intermission and didn't come back.

ChristopherDurangFan
#33re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 1:14am

I was there too, they were in my peripheral vision, and he was holding his hand so hardcore that I literally thought he might be jerking him off, until I actually looked over. Literally. No joke at all.

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#34re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 1:42am

I've met WithoutATrace, despise him, and wish him personal injury and misfortune.

However, in this one singular occasion, he's right.

I was there tonight and this couple was wildly distracting and inappropriate. They were literally IN EACH OTHER'S ARMS the whole show. In the FRONT ROW. I'm gay, I have no issues with public PDA's, but this was RIDICULOUS.

Control yourself. You're at the theatre. If you want to hold hands during the show, fine, go for it. But this behavior would have been awkward/discomfiting in the back row of a movie theater.

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#35re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 1:43am

HAHA

If CapnHook is gonna be stripes, can I be purple?

WithoutATrace
#36re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 1:49am

Thank you for weighing in, MiracleElixir. I know we don't agree on much, but I had a good feeling we would agree about this issue.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#37re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 1:52am

I've met WAT too but don't wish death on him. Unless he doesn't help with my BC/EFA goal and then all bets are off (lol jk).

If we cast Hook and Eug as the dastardly duo can we write this into BWW.com: The Musical?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

DefyGravity777
#38re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 4:13am

What would be the point of spending all that money on a show and then making out with your partner the whole time and not really paying attention to the show? I am all for PDA's but deff not in the theatre. The only thing I have ever done is hold hands with my girlfriend which isn't distracting IMO. Besides that's what the room after the show is for...LOL.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#39re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 7:02am

For the record, they weren't making out. Just literally holding each other the entire show. As in, arms pretty much wrapped around each other the whole time, whether they were laughing, quiet, etc, whatever.

PiraguaGuy2
#40re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 7:12am

I've met WithoutATrace, despise him, and wish him personal injury and misfortune.

However, in this one singular occasion, he's right.

LOLZ

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Insider2 Profile Photo
Insider2
#41re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 12:35pm

They laughed and clapped at a comedy? Shoot them.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#42re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 1:21pm

...like saying "not that I hate black people or anything, but two of them were yelling at the screen sitting behind me at the movies and I wanted to shoot them in the face - not that I hate black people!)

Good example. At least you weren't called a "racist moron" for using it.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

AlSpanish
#43re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 1:32pm

I was the "poor guy sitting next to them" that you enjoyed watching so much. Yes, they were distracting. Yes, they were loud. Yes, they whispered to each other throughout (well, a very loud whisper, punctuated by large movement of his entire body to get close to the other ones ear.) Yes, they were obnoxious. During intermission they taunted the ushers because they were fat.

The word subtle was lost on them. One kept commenting on what the actors were wearing and pointing with his full arm at the offending item of clothing. They were literally on the stage - one foot away - and this guy was pointing "Look, she has grass stains on her sneakers!"

He also spent most of the show turning around in his chair "star-hunting". When he found someone, he would excitedly pull on his date and point across the theater at the actor trying to enjoy his Monday night off at the theater.

I finally had to sit with both hands up on the side of my face to block his constant movement. It WAS that bad.

It sucked to sit next to them, but at least I could try to block them out and look at the action on stage. The entire other side of the theater had to look at their constant wriggling and pointing through the whole show.

AvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
#44re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 1:36pm

"It's not as extreme as the people having sex at Legally Blonde, but still, come on... it's inappropriate."

Seriously, that actually happened?

Yuck.

Everything in life...is only for now.

WithoutATrace
#45re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 1:42pm

"He also spent most of the show turning around in his chair "star-hunting"."

I did notice that he kept turning around, but I had no clue what the hell he was looking at!

I'm so sorry you had to sit next to them and endure that through the entire show. I only hope and pray they are not there this evening and Wednesday evening.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#46re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 2:05pm

Wow, I'm sorry you had to sit next to them. Now that I know what they were saying it somehow makes it worse for me. If they are there again tonight I will have no problem saying something during intermission if they start this up again.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#47re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 3:31pm

All things aside, glad you liked the show and hope you don't have to go through that again for the next two.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#48re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 3:50pm

I agree, if it were anyone, that would be annoying. And now that I know what they were really doing there, they should have just stayed home.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

WithoutATrace
#49re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 3:52pm

Thanks, CyCoSpAz2. We will surely let you know if they are there again tonight.

As you stated, Marianne2, hopefully they will just stay home!

Videos