News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Bombay Dreams in SEATTLE, WA. Last Chance to See the Show.- Page 20

Bombay Dreams in SEATTLE, WA. Last Chance to See the Show.

RentBoy86
#475Today!!!
Posted: 4/20/06 at 12:35pm

what did you think of the set and the stagehands moving stuff? I thought it sorta crowded the stage.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#476Today!!!
Posted: 4/20/06 at 3:36pm

I thoght everything about the show was great...maybe the stage of the Ruth Eckerd Hall is ideal for the show because it is a big theatre. But it worked for me a 100%.
It was a lot like the Broadway show. They just added some songs from the London production and it worked for the better, i was really not expecting much. It blew me away, my friends who saw a few touring shows with me (Aida, Thoroughly Modern Millie) said it was their favorite show so far. I am very pleased.
The actors were great, Deep Katdare was very sweet at the stage door. He said there were many dancers that were on Broadway, but he is just the only "lead" who did it in NYC.
Sachin Bhatt was great as Akaash, his singing was great and he had "star quality" all my friends were in lust with him also.
Sandra Allen, who made her Broadway debut in Sunset Blvd. was great as Rani. Her outfits were ravishing. The "Shakalaka Baby" number was as amazing as it was on Broadway.
Reshma Shetty was great as Priya, her voice was very different from the other Priyas, but she was great...definitly great casting.
"Chaiyya Chaiyaa" was as amazing as ever. "Shakalaka Baby" was wonderful too. "Hero", "How many stars" and "The journey home" were really great. It was amazing. I have to go see it again.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#477Today!!!
Posted: 4/20/06 at 3:50pm

Wish it were playing closer to DC. And, no, I'm not going to Pittsburgh to see it!!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#478Today!!!
Posted: 4/20/06 at 3:53pm

Wish it were playing closer to NYC...and I'm not going to Pittsburgh either.

muscle23ftl
#479Today!!!
Posted: 4/20/06 at 4:18pm

It's ok...i give up on you 2!!! and the next road trip with friends, will be to an AA group. We went to a bar after the show and they got totally trashed. What ever happened to the youth!!!???

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 4/20/06 at 04:18 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#480Today!!!
Posted: 4/20/06 at 4:45pm

Muscle, now you know I really wanted to see it. If I had a car, I probably would have.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

muscle23ftl
#481Today!!!
Posted: 4/20/06 at 6:15pm

Well, you never know...maybe you will happen to be in any of the cities, by coinsidence. Anyways...i forgot to say that Aneesh Sheth was amazing, playing the main transexual of the show, Sweetie. The tour was so well done! i can't get over it.

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#482Today!!!
Posted: 4/20/06 at 8:03pm

After all this time (and anticipation), I am glad you enjoyed it! I am surprised it isn't playing in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale though.

sharon1
#483Today!!!
Posted: 4/20/06 at 8:40pm

I am so glad you enjoyed the show so much. I wish I could have seen it.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#484Today!!!
Posted: 4/20/06 at 10:07pm

sadly it is not coming here...I love the music.......would love to see it.

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

RentBoy86
#485Today!!!
Posted: 4/21/06 at 12:28am

well i'm glad you liked it. not for me. I didn't think the main guy was that great at all. his accent was so heavy i couldn't understand what he was saying.

muscle23ftl
#486Today!!!
Posted: 4/21/06 at 12:34am

haha...I could understand him, but some of the other actors, i was really like "what are they saying?" but the musical numbers, those young actors full of talent and energy...that dancing...that did it for me. I just love to see these people dancing their as*es off...it's just refreshing to see so much passion on stage. Steve, i am pretty bummed myself it's not in Miami, Ft Laud or West Palm Beach...trust me!!! i would have gone to every single performance if it were around here.

muscle23ftl
#487Today!!!
Posted: 4/24/06 at 2:20am

Ok, i drove back to Clearwater to see this amazing musical again...and Sandra Allen has been out Friday and Saturday(both shows) because she had neck spasm, her understudy Sujana Chand did a good job as Rani.

muscle23ftl
#488Today!!!
Posted: 4/24/06 at 3:22am

If anyone wants to check out some pics from the show, check this out:
https://www.broadwayworld.com/photo2.cfm?id=muscle23ftl

muscle23ftl
#489Today!!!
Posted: 4/24/06 at 5:04pm

Oh, as i said in the beginning of this thread, the show sold extremely well during the run in Clearwater, i saw 5 out of the 7 shows and it was always at least a 90% full, except for the Sunday night performance, that it was about an 85% full. And the Ruth Eckerd Hall is a big theatre, 2100 seats if im not mistaken. The Sunday matinee show was about a 95%, which was a surprise, because it was a sunny day in a beach city.

muscle23ftl
#490Today!!!
Posted: 4/24/06 at 8:12pm

anyone seeing the show in Sacramento, CA?

muscle23ftl
#491Today!!!
Posted: 4/24/06 at 8:12pm

anyone seeing the show in Sacramento, CA?

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#492Today!!!
Posted: 4/24/06 at 8:58pm

um, few Southern Californians would be caught dead in Sacramento......it's nasty up there.

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

muscle23ftl
#493Today!!!
Posted: 4/25/06 at 1:40am

The show was in Costa Mesa(Southern CA) for 14 days last February. Anyways...the show is really in great shape...and i was expecting the worst. The cast is extremely talented. It is worth travelling a few hours to catch it, i had to drive to Clearwater.

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#494Today!!!
Posted: 4/25/06 at 3:05am

I was going to go and see it since I am done with school but sadly I think it's in Sacramento at the same time as my choir tour... Today!!!

Too bad, the Sac. Theatre is great if not better than OCPAC (which is nice in its own right).

Muscle, BTW, I met basically everyone in the show BUT Sandra Allen! They were going out to a restaurant that night but I never saw her...or at least didn't meet her. very sad. Today!!!

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#495Today!!!
Posted: 4/25/06 at 10:01am

It goes to small cities as a big show? What happened to LA. not costa mesa! LA1

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

Anastasia_Beaverhausen Profile Photo
Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#496Today!!!
Posted: 4/25/06 at 11:01am

Oh Elphaba, nasty??? Have you lived here? Have you been to every part of this city? I doubt it. It's actually quite a nice city.

I live in Sacramento and will be seeing (and working at) the show for sure. :)

broadwayboy430 Profile Photo
broadwayboy430
#497Today!!!
Posted: 4/25/06 at 11:03am

Is the OBCR worth the $$?

muscle23ftl
#498Today!!!
Posted: 4/25/06 at 1:29pm

There is only an OLC available, the London cast is great. The music is amazing. But i highly recommend people to see the show live.

muscle23ftl
#499Today!!!
Posted: 4/25/06 at 5:17pm

I want to say, just because some of the cast members knew me from reading my posts on BWW. That the cast was extraordinary, honestly none of the about 30 cast members was a weak performer. All the dancers were also amazing singers and actors. This tour is a delight.

Videos