Pippin Tour?

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#500Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/19/15 at 10:16pm

I didn't post it but there were also posts about ensemble roles.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#501Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/19/15 at 10:23pm

Yikes, I didn't look at the first audition notice.  It appears the producers are looking to replace...pretty much the entire cast.   That's rough.  Well, if they can get Orion Griffiths back into the cast, I'd go see him.  

PIPPIN
Male, to play early 20s-mid 20s. The son of Charlemagne and heir to the throne of the Holy Roman Empire, Pippin has returned from university to discover that he does not know what to do with his life. He searches for something in his life to be fulfilling. Tenor.

LEADING PLAYER
Female. Dangerous, charismatic, extremely charming and seductive, the Leading Player is the leader of the troupe and the mastermind behind Pippin's journey. The Leading Player must be an incredibly strong performer with the willingness to take risks and dig deep and dark; a powerful presence. Alto/Mezzo with a strong belt.

CHARLEMAGNE
Male, to play late 40s-early 60s. Pippin’s father and the King of the Holy Roman Empire. War is the most important part of being king in his eyes. Excellent comedic timing. Knowledge of Juggling, unicycle, knife throwing a plus. Legit Baritone.

FASTRADA
Female, to play early 40s-early 50s. Pippin’s step mother, Charlemagne’s wife, and Lewis’s mother. A manipulative woman with sexual appeal and a strong desire for power, Fastrada aims to get her son Lewis to be first in line to the throne. Dancer.

LEWIS
Male, to play early 20s-early 30s. The son of Charlemagne and Fastrada, Pippin’s half brother. He is a soldier in Charlemagne's army and he prides himself on his athleticism and physical prowess. Tenor, will cover the role of Pippin. Must move extremely well.

BERTHE
Female, to play early 60s-80s. Pippin’s grandmother, and Charlemagne’s mother. An incredibly spunky older woman with excellent comedic timing. Berthe now resides in the country due to a personality conflict with Fastrada. She encourages Pippin to live life to the fullest. Must be physically agile and strong, unafraid of heights, and willing to train on trapeze. Alto.

CATHERINE
Female, to play late 20s-mid 30s. She is older than Pippin and his love interest, a tragically widowed farmer’s wife with a young son. Must have a comedic sensibility. She is kind, generous, romantic, and strong-willed. Mezzo with a strong mix.

THEO
Male, to play 9-11 years old. Catherine’s rebellious son who soon develops a loving relationship with Pippin. Singing is required.

NOTE from Les 7 Doigts de la main Circus Creator. The world of Pippin we are trying to create involves the use of multi-disciplined circus arts. For our actors, singers and dancers, we are really interested to see what physical capacities they bring to the table in terms of strength, flexibility and dexterity. We would want to integrate these creative and unique skills into the musical numbers. Skills with contortion, tissue, hand-balancing, hand to hand, pairs and duo-mixed would be of added value.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 7/19/15 at 10:23 PM

trpguyy
#502Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/19/15 at 11:11pm

According to posts on social media, there is a lot of principal changeover happening in a few weeks (after the first week of their Chicago run). Replacements have already been cast - any auditions happening in the recent past or future are purely out of requirement.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#503Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/19/15 at 11:18pm

^Interesting, I wonder who they have in store...

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#504Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/19/15 at 11:39pm

I'm not surprised. Most of the cast is going on a year with the tour, so I'd imagine new leads might be coming in. Plus I didn't think Sasha was going on tour with the show to Japan. 

And I'm still wondering if they might change the tour to non-equity and re-open it in the Fall of 2016??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#505Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/19/15 at 11:55pm

Given that a lot of the show is acrobatics I wonder what they will do for and 2nd national tour which i think they are going to do one the "magic to do tour" ends in February or at least its listed to end then.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#506Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/25/15 at 1:22pm

The show's website has been updated with all additional tour dates from Sept. 22 - Feb. 28. I wonder about the 4 week gap between Nov. 23 - Dec. 25 & if something will be filled in there.

http://www.pippinthemusical.com/tour.php

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ChiTheaterFan
#507Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/25/15 at 2:15pm

Has anybody seen this lately?  Thoughts? I'm debating between this when it comes to Chicago and Vania and Sonia and Masha and Spike at the Goodman. I don't know that I'll have time to see both before they close/leave. 

Ive never seen Pippin so all I know is what I've read in synopses. 

Updated On: 7/25/15 at 02:15 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#508Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/25/15 at 4:56pm

Is it possible for you to stay in the city two days, so you can see both?  I too have seen both shows.  If I had to pick between the two, I'd pick "Pippin."  It's a fantastic show.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ChiTheaterFan
#509Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/25/15 at 5:07pm

Yeah I live in Chicago but the next couple weeks are just kind of nuts with work and I am traveling every weekend. Maybe I'll have to try to find a way to make it work, though. :)

ChiTheaterFan
#510Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/25/15 at 5:18pm

Oh for some reason I thought pippin was through the 2nd but it's a week later. I can do both!  Hooray!

Kylechristopherwest
#511Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/26/15 at 12:25am

The new Pippin begins performances during the Chicago engagement. I attended a rehearsal he was in last week, but I didn't recognize him. I heard there is a new LP also, but I didn't see her rehearse. Two acrobats left the show during the Fort Worth (Texas) stop, so there are a couple ensemble adjustments going on now also. 

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#512Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/26/15 at 12:32am

A friend close to the show said his name is Brian Flores, he is starting the second week of the Chicago run along with Priscilla Lopez back at it on the trapeze!

ChiTheaterFan
#513Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/26/15 at 1:53am

Well I'll be seeing it so I'll report back on the new performers. (Not that I have a comparison to the prior cast...)

trpguyy
#514Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/26/15 at 2:19am

Preston and Kelsey Jamieson left the tour this week, and it looks like Dmitrious Bistrevsky and Olga Karmansky have joined/rejoined in the interim.

Brian and Priscilla have also been written about in the Chicago press, though a proper press release would be nice.

Updated On: 7/26/15 at 02:19 AM

rdsport323
#515Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/26/15 at 3:35am

I'm going to see Pippin when it comes to San Diego in late August, a month from now.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#516Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/26/15 at 9:43pm

maybe Allen's doing the Chicago leg of the tour and then leaving?

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#517Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/26/15 at 10:09pm

She said on Instagram, her last performance is this coming Sunday.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#518Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/26/15 at 10:13pm

I'll be seeing it in San Diego too.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#519Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/26/15 at 10:16pm

I just noticed that, too.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#520Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/26/15 at 10:35pm

also, from fans' tumblr page:

The new cast members that have been announced in some form are:

Brian Flores (Pippin)

Priscilla Lopez (Berthe)

Ben Krieger (Theo)

Charlotte Sullivan and Nicolas Jelmoni (Acrobats, re-joining tour after they are done with Grease) 

The new Catherine and Leading Player have not been announced in any form yet but I assume it’s forthcoming as they start in about a week!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#521Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/26/15 at 10:44pm

http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainment/arts-and-theatre/theatre/a-playful-pippin-national-broadway-tour-of-tony-award-musical/article_ab82e63f-5506-56ac-a96b-427af7f6354e.html

"When Altemus arrives in Chicago with the tour, he'll be joined by original "Pippin" John Rubinstein, who has joined this leg of the tour playing the role of Charles and also actress Adrienne Barbeau, who is playing Berthe. The title role of Pippin is being played by Sam Lipps for the first week of the Chicago run through Aug. 2 and then by Brian Flores for the rest of the performances."

Updated On: 7/26/15 at 10:44 PM

Kylechristopherwest
#522Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/28/15 at 1:35pm

The new LP is in rehearsals, but not yet announced, it seems.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#523Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/28/15 at 2:55pm

I would expect the new LP to be in rehearsals. Her first performance is next Tuesday.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#524Pippin Tour?
Posted: 7/28/15 at 7:54pm

Hi, so I'm seeing the show on Sunday. After someone's last performance in a show how does it take longer for them to get out of the stage door? Would it be worth it to stage door?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Videos