pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 23

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#550Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/22/15 at 7:50pm

""And I think Disney fully intends for these live action versions to at least partially replace the animated ones. I think that's why they're suddenly making so many of them (Mulan, Dumbo, Cinderella etc.) - they think kids don't want to watch 2D cartoons anymore and they want to make sure that they still have a hand in the youth entertainment market."
 I'm worried that you're right. But either way, the kids know that a remake is a just remake and they will still flock to the original."

I can't think of any other reason they'd go ahead with their planned live action remake  of "Dumbo". The ONLY reason for that has to be that they think kids won't watch the original any more because it's 2D and kids these days only want CGI or live action. So Disney's doing this so their classic works won't be forgotten and they can still make money off of them and maintain their grip on the youth entertainment market.

It can't be because they think the world needs a live action version of a movie about a flying elephant.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#551Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/23/15 at 3:51am

Let us know your opinion of the movie once you're able to see it. Until then, your opinion is worth jack ****. So you wanted Tom Hiddleston, who I find absolutely creepy and not in anyway, shape or form, charismatic and loveable. But somehow you think he's a perfect Lumiere? Whatever floats your boat. 

It's a public message board. Get over it. Block me. It is my opinion, that Ewan will sound amazing. I'll wait until the movie comes out to criticize it. God knows I can be a critical bitch, but I never speak out of my ass.

decast
#552Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/25/15 at 4:38am

Not sure whether this is particularly interesting but Stanley Tucci is on morning tv here in the UK and said his role is one of the non-singing ones. 

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#553Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/25/15 at 8:50am

"Not sure whether this is particularly interesting but Stanley Tucci is on morning tv here in the UK and said his role is one of the non-singing ones. "

Being a UK resident myself, when was he on?

decast
#554Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/25/15 at 9:04am

On Saturday Kitchen, there wasn't much talk about it, mainly about his cook book, but it was mentioned and he joked that people were lucky he wouldn't be singing. 

westendfanatic
#555Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/25/15 at 9:13am

lol!! ok cheers. i'll see if it is on demand. would be interesting to see what they say about the movie.

Showface
#556Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/25/15 at 12:00pm

MTV gave their own interpretation of what the characters may look like. Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast

Even though they won't look like these (and most of these look downright creepy), I thought it would be a nice share...Beauty and the Beast

http://www.mtv.com/news/2143064/beauty-and-the-beast-live-action-furniture/

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#557Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/25/15 at 3:08pm

Mrs. Potts, though. Beauty and the Beast

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#558Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/25/15 at 3:51pm

Cogsworth is the only good one. The rest are WTF

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#559Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/25/15 at 3:54pm

The clock hands are coming out of Cogsworth's nose.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Mrtrobz
#560Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/1/15 at 5:51am

So as it turns out these new IMDB listing like The Nasty Headmaster and The Pretty Fishmonger are actually just feautured extras in the opening ensemble number. Haha! 

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#561Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/1/15 at 6:06am

Those images are completely hideous ... and funny ... and creepy.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#562Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/1/15 at 6:29am

I've been trying to imagine how they'll do the objects without them being creepy. Cartoon anthropomorphic objects are one thing but real life clocks and candlesticks with human faces have the potential to look really disturbing.

broadwayguy2
#563Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/1/15 at 2:01pm

I imagine they will use the same compensation that the stage version has used an incorporate that into the design. In fact, I much prefer it as it heightens the stakes.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#564Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/1/15 at 2:06pm

The voice cast are only doing 2 days of live filming for the finale (as stated by Thompson in a recent interview).  So the cartoon/cgi character will not incorporate any live aspect of their face most likely.

Mrtrobz
#565Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/5/15 at 2:33pm

The cast are in the studio today recording their songs, Luke posted a picture of him and Josh singing Gaston on Instagram.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#566Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/5/15 at 6:15pm

It will be so nice to hear a new recording for Beauty. God I hope Emma delivers. She's the only one I'm worried about.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

jo
#567Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/5/15 at 7:54pm

>>>Those images are completely hideous ... and funny ... and creepy.<<<

Ditto Beauty and the Beast

Mrtrobz
#568Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/12/15 at 8:28pm

I was attempting to compile a list of differences in the new film as opposed to the original and found Ian McKellen's blog post to be very insightful, Hattie was at the reading meaning the Enchantress must have spoken lines in the film which also means that the role will have been expanded somewhat. It was also mentioned that Audra McDonald sang a song which will probably indicate that they will include Human Again in this version of the movie.

Mrtrobz
#569Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/26/15 at 7:29pm

Follow Disney on snapchat for an exclusive look at the film.

Showface
#570Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/26/15 at 7:33pm

^I heard about that on Imdb! Do you know where that official announcement was made, though?

I would love to see whatever exclusive content they have!

UPDATE: So I found the official announcement. Apparently, the username "Disney Studio" does not work, and you have to use "DisneyStudios"

Updated On: 5/26/15 at 07:33 PM

westendfanatic
#571Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/27/15 at 5:07am

as snapchat hasn't worked for me, is there another way i can access it? i downloaded the app, took the picture, the username popped up and then nothing happened. do i have to wait for anything to upload or anything?

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#572Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/27/15 at 11:45am

"as snapchat hasn't worked for me, is there another way i can access it? i downloaded the app, took the picture, the username popped up and then nothing happened. do i have to wait for anything to upload or anything?"

The user name is just "Disney"

They uploaded this a few hours ago:

Beauty and the Beast

God, I hate snapchat.

westendfanatic
#573Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/27/15 at 12:11pm

i know it's annoying. lol!!! thank you for uploading the photo though. very much appreciated xx

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#574Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/28/15 at 8:21am

According to Gad, they already did the "Beauty & the Beast" scene

https://twitter.com/joshgad/status/603878843716411392/photo/1

Videos