pixeltracker

2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders- Page 23

2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#5502007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:05am

If Chenoweth isn't nominated, I think it will be either LBB or Stephanie J. Block (based on all of the buzz, I haven't seen either of them yet).

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Yankeefan007
Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#5522007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:09am

It would be a crime if Monk were not nominated. I know anything's possible this year, but man, that would be sad.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#5532007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:09am

alright fine dancing. Going off of knowing the story of Legally Blonde and seeing the movie multiple times and watching all the clips of this upcoming production and all those broadway.com videos (which I know you shouldn't judge upon I just want make sure you know that i'm decently familiar with the show) and friends that saw it in San Fran (who had ALSO seen Spring) I just don't see the role being nearly as layered or complex or heavy as Michele's Wendla...maybe I'm wrong!! That's fine! This is just my opinion and I think that it has just as much basis as going off buzz which Michele also has.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

Ruth Sherwood Profile Photo
Ruth Sherwood
#5542007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:13am

I think Monk is an incredible performer, but I don't think she has a shot at being nominated in the Leading Actress category. While she was one of the few bright spots in "Curtains," she did not have enough to do to be considered a leading actress, especially in a really competitive year. That being said, the five nominees will be: Chenoweth, Ebersole, Macdonald, Murphy, and Bundy or Michele (neither of whom have any shot at winning, so it doesn't really matter.)

"Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one." -Stella Adler

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#5552007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:15am

It would be a crime if Monk were not nominated. I know anything's possible this year, but man, that would be sad.

Oh man, I forgot about Monk. There's another possibility.

Gustof, I've seen the movie. I know the story. I watch the clips. Big deal. Complex and heavy are wonderful and fine, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's guaranteed a nomination. Legally Blonde is centered around the character of Elle Woods. Spring Awakening isn't centered around Wendla. If Lea had been put in the supporting category, she would have a better chance, IMO.

As you said, it's an OPINION. I don't see why you seem to consider my opinion any less valid.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#5562007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:15am

agreed. For either the nomination would be the win.

ETA- Dancing I never was saying your opinion wasn't valid. I was responding to you asking who was I to say who deserved the nod and that my argument didn't hold up. It's fine we both just have two different points of view which is great. As someone said this is pointless anyways since neither has an ice cubes shot in hell at winning

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~
Updated On: 4/5/07 at 11:15 AM

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#5572007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:16am

The only feasible performance I see getting nominated from SA is Gallagher, Jr.

And, as much as I love the show as a whole, I don't get the hype over him. He's very good. But is the performance TONY worthy? Maybe a nom...but a win? Maybe that's just me.

Right now, all I see SA taking is score and possibly direction.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#5582007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:20am

Unless Bundy (and her show) gets across the board raves, I highly doubt she'll take Monk's or Chenoweth's place. Debra Monk should definitely get nominated, especially in a year with so many great actresses as well as leading characters for females, she should get some recognition for her great turn in CURTAINS. I do admit though that the size of her role will probably hinder her chances though.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#5602007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:15pm

I don't even know where to begin to respond to that post, but I'll try.

Monk is not a lesbian - I am. And secondly, I did not sing its praises until AFTER I saw it. I said from day one that I was a fan of Monk, Kander and Ebb, and Ziemba, so I wanted this to be good. I wanted to love it. And fortunately, I do.

I didn't like STEEL PIER, which had all the same ingredients, just so you know. It's not about bias. It's about good work.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#5612007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:23pm

I'm pretty sure Monk is straight, all appearances to the contrary. I'm pretty sure I'm not. So I can come right out and say it: Debra Monk is fantastic in CURTAINS, she nails every line, both the good ones and the bad ones, IT'S A BUSINESS stops the show, and I definitely agree that she deserves at least a nomination.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

MargoChanning
#5622007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:42pm

I frankly don't see what the difference is between Rath's repeated support Monk and Foster's never-ending crusade for Lea Michele (and others consistently banging the drum for Block, Ebersole, Bundy et al). People have their favorites for whatever reason so I don't see the point of attacking anyone for their preferences. Far as any of us knows, none of the nominating committee nor any of the actual best actress contenders are posting in this thread (though I suppose it's a possibility), so there's no need for anyone here to get upset because someone else doesn't share their love for their "favorite."

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

DG
#5632007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:53pm

WBAF - what Rath says about her posts concerning CURTAINS is true. All of them before she saw it concerned her excitement about it, not her opinion.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#5642007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:54pm

I appreciate that, DG. Thank you.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5652007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 1:59pm

I frankly don't see what the difference is between Rath's repeated support Monk and Foster's never-ending crusade for Lea Michele (and others consistently banging the drum for Block, Ebersole, Bundy et al).

I see the difference. And I'm well aware that plenty of others do too, only they don't feel like getting their heads bitten off by holier-than-thou posters, so they keep their mouths shut.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#5662007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:07pm

Good point MargoChanning, everyone of course is going to have their favorites that want to defend them, but we shouldn't attack each other because of it.....I'm keeping my fingers crossed for LBB!!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#5672007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:10pm

Look WBAF, I don't know why you think you know everything there is to know about Broadway.

I was working on Tony-winning Broadway shows probably before you were born. I know talent, I know Tony politics, and I know what it takes to mount a show. I don't have "biases", I understand and appreciate TALENT.

You need to take one giant step back.

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#5682007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:18pm

Can we get back to discussing who we think should or whom we would like to see nominated for a Tony as Leading Actress in a Musical?

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#5692007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:19pm

WTF? Who's biting who's head off here?

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#5702007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:19pm

I can't choose, Penny. 2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?

Updated On: 4/5/07 at 02:19 PM

miss pennywise
#5712007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:23pm

It's okay if you can't choose...just "discuss." And play nice. 2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?

~ Best12Bars

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#5722007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:25pm

I do until I'm pushed.

I know your choice.

miss pennywise
#5732007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:27pm

You may know who I think should receive the Tony, but you don't know who else I think should be nominated, do you? Hmmm?

~ Best12Bars

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#5742007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:30pm

As long as it's not that damned Christine Ebersole again. Ebersole this, Ebersole that... 2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?

*aware that sarcasm doesn't work on this thread, D2 now flees*

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#5752007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 2:30pm

Please share!

Videos