pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 26

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

Gorlois Profile Photo
Gorlois
#625FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 2:51pm

They made the perfect choice. I love it!

JennH
#626FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 3:15pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Honestly, in seeing that "trailer," I'm warming up a little bit to the idea of Caissie's Elsa. She is beautiful, and though I'll always wish it was Betsy Wolfe, I'm open to seeing Caissie's take on it.

I still just can't with Patti Murin as Anna.

"

I can't imagine Betsy won't be doing it at SOME point, such as possibly being Caissie's first replacement or on the tour (which we all know will eventually happen). She's still a popular choice with the masses and was the Lopez's first choice after all, so she could very well end up being the "Stephanie J Block" of Frozen. I'd be surprised if she didn't do it eventually. I know Patti is controversial in this, but she's got the skill set for it and has the offbeat quirkiness that's necessary for that role. I'll still stand by that, thought she may be everyone's favorite human being. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#627FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 10:57pm

Yeah i find Murin's voice..grating and very "musical theater" like in a bad way. 

And it's funny seeing the other choices because their main choice is pretty damn bland and boring to me. 

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#628FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 11:35pm

love the poster- it's safe but really sleek and pretty. It's going to look amazing on playbills and the official poster. I also loved the creepy and specialized ones, but the "not enough personality" and playful variants are really ugly. Glad they went with that they did, I'm getting more excited for this production. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#629FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 11:39pm

EDIT: Nevermind

Updated On: 8/4/17 at 11:39 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#630FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 11:40pm

JennH said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "Honestly, in seeing that "trailer," I'm warming up a little bit to the idea of Caissie's Elsa. She is beautiful, and though I'll always wish it was Betsy Wolfe, I'm open to seeing Caissie's take on it.

I still just can't with Patti Murin as Anna.

"

I can't imagine Betsy won't be doing it at SOME point, such as possibly being Caissie's first replacement or on the tour (which we all know will eventually happen). She's still a popular choice with the masses and was the Lopez's first choice after all, so she could very well end up being the "Stephanie J Block" of Frozen. I'd be surprised if she didn't do it eventually. I know Patti is controversial in this, but she's got the skill set for it and has the offbeat quirkiness that's necessary for that role. I'll still stand by that, thought she may be everyone's favorite human being. 

"

I too am warming to the idea of Caissie. She is such a bright and amazing human, with such a marvelous voice. I just can't help, but feel sorry for Betsy, though. After developing a character for who knows how many years just to be sacked right before its Broadway run. Caissie could have easily been a replacement too, if they really wanted her to star in the show. I hope Betsy is not done with Frozen, maybe she can bring it the West End and nab an Olivier.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#631FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/5/17 at 10:11pm

If they're expanding the back wall of the theater, why did they remove all the chairs in the audience? Are they redoing that as well? 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#632FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/6/17 at 12:08am

^its a renovation....

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#633FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/6/17 at 12:54am

Of the whole theater? Didn't think it really needed it. Maybe the lobby area, but def. not the actual theater. But curious to see what they do! 

VintageSnarker
#634FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/6/17 at 3:20am

Itonlytakesajourney said: "love the poster- it's safe but really sleek and pretty. It's going to look amazing on playbills and the official poster.

That's a good point. This is an image that will likely be sized up and down for all kinds of advertising and merchandise if they want it to be. Playbills, windowcards, T-shirts, magnets, keychains, those banners that hang on lampposts, magazine ads, mugs, etc. And as the article points out, they need something they can really put a stamp on as their image. (Side note: Can you have a copyright on this kind of image? Or some other ban on reproducing it on merchandise without permission?)

10086Sundays
#635FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/6/17 at 10:22pm

VintageSnarker said: ".(Side note: Can you have a copyright on this kind of image? Or some other ban on reproducing it on merchandise without permission?)"

Yes, it falls mainly under Trademark law though.  

Updated On: 8/6/17 at 10:22 PM

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#636FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/7/17 at 12:21am

Love love love the artwork! I like simplicity thats also sneaky in the way they included the girls in it. That artwork actually reminds me a lot of Cinderellas logo, the way at first glance it looked simply like a glass slipper, but when you look again you noticed Ella was in the space between the heel and the rest of the glass slipper. 

jtishere
#637FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/7/17 at 12:26am

The artwork they ended up with is pretty brilliant. It's beautiful, clever and feels like an "iconic" Playbill and marquee image. The Cinderella art was one of the first things that came to my mind as well.

JennH
#638FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/7/17 at 10:57am

Agreed to the two above me. Some of the others are ok. If I had to go with any of them, I'd have the said the "creepy" one of Elsa behind ice (don't know why this is seen as creepy, still not a fave though) or the northern lights one, but I still think this is the best idea. It's just enough to evoke "movie" but it's still also enough to say that it's its own thing for Broadway. It's a nice balance, which I live my life around. Plus it's really the only one that says "Broadway poster and Playbill cover" to me. The rest don't...evoke that for some reason, or least not as much as this one. The font however I also agree with being boring. I'd say if they used the text font from the northern lights poster, that this final poster would be pretty damn perfect. And yep, I noticed Elsa in the snowflake almost right away. It took me a little longer to find their two faces incorporated as well. I also find it interesting that they didn't really make the distinction of which face is who's. But I like it, over all it's not complexity overkill but also just a notch above "simple" enough and is just nicely elegant and sneaky like the Cinderella poster. Perfect comparison, btw. It's not too much of any one thing. And I think thats the problem with many of the others.

I'd love to know what in the world they were thinking with that sweater looking one or the one that's TOO blue and looks like a terrible headshot of Elsa...YIKES. Frankly that one just evoked images in my head of the cheap looking Park look-a-alikes and every awful character cosplay I've ever seen of her. 

irishgator1
#639FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/7/17 at 11:31am

I'm going to see this in Denver in a couple of weeks with my family, as we'll be visiting the area. Is anyone else going?

10086Sundays
#640FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/7/17 at 11:35am

I'm seeing it during the first weekend of its run. 

irishgator1
#641FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/7/17 at 12:24pm

10086Sundays said: "I'm seeing it during the first weekend of its run. "

Same here, actually- August 20th!  Rockies game for my son and Frozen for my daughter; something for everyone, I hope.

rodrigo_ca
#642FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/7/17 at 10:43pm

RippedMan said: "Of the whole theater? Didn't think it really needed it. Maybe the lobby area, but def. not the actual theater. But curious to see what they do! 

"

They know Frozen will run for years and if they want to do it, it has to be now. I think they will make it more "thematic" for the show, though.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#643FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/8/17 at 1:07am

I'm totally fine with that. Sounds kind of cool. Hope they pick like ice-blue colors or something.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#645FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/9/17 at 5:06am

I'm still confused by the casting of Patti.  Isn't she like really too old for the part?

Itonlytakesajourney
#646FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/9/17 at 9:18am

I'm loving the wigs, especially Anna's. I can't wait to see what they do with the costumes and lighting, sets, etc. 

Itonlytakesajourney
#647FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/9/17 at 9:21am

GeorgeandDot said: "I'm still confused by the casting of Patti.  Isn't she like really too old for the part?

Patti is older-much older-than what I'd imagine Anna to be like, but with some makeup and a wig she'll look at least similar to Anna. Is this the cast they're going with on Broadway? If it isn't, then I wouldn't mind her being replaced by someone a bit younger. 

Liza's Headband
#648FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/9/17 at 9:24am

GeorgeandDot said: "I'm still confused by the casting of Patti.  Isn't she like really too old for the part?

"

Yes, but that's Disney for you. 

JennH
#649FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/9/17 at 9:24am

Finally...wigs that are designed/look like they should be. 

Obviously they went in the "multiple wigs for Anna's different stages of freezing over" so that's gonna be interesting to see how they'll accomplish wig changes. 

Three "braid" wigs for Elsa? Im just going to hazzard a guess at one being a trick wig for her costume change, but when they all look different...ones' more fishtail, ones a regular (yet still regal as hell) braid, and the last is a two strand. I'm sure there's a reason for them. 

Videos