pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 27

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#650Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/10/15 at 2:17am

And Dave, we get it; you didn't like the Les Mis film. Now can you please stop mentioning it in every single thread pertaining to movie musicals? 

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Dave19
#651Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/10/15 at 5:49pm

"And Dave, we get it; you didn't like the Les Mis film. Now can you please stop mentioning it in every single thread pertaining to movie musicals? "

I just used it as an example as to why it is a good thing to give a non-singer no extra songs.

About the other subject, they did record many songs of Cinderella, which they did not use in the film. I almost heard the whole un-used Disney soundtrack during the title roll.

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#652Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/16/15 at 6:52pm

http://collider.com/ian-mckellen-sherlock-holmes-movie-lord-rings-trilogy-hobbit/

Ian McKellen talked to Collider briefly about the film and he mentionef at the end that Cogsworth dances with his WIFE!!! My guess would his on-screen wife is Audra McDonald as The Wardrobe....

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#653Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/16/15 at 7:01pm

"http://collider.com/ian-mckellen-sherlock-holmes-movie-lord-rings-trilogy-hobbit/
Ian McKellen talked to Collider briefly about the film and he mentionef at the end that Cogsworth dances with his WIFE!!! My guess would his on-screen wife is Audra McDonald as The Wardrobe...."

I was very surprised by that aswell, but after reading this on the movie blog...

"McKELLEN: Unfortunately not, no. They’re using a variety of techniques, but the Cogsworth Clock, that has all been choreographed without me. I’ve added my voice to the picture, and the other way around, and then there is a big scene at the end where everybody comes back to life, and the prince is restored and I go back to being the majordomo and my wife appears and we dance together. So that was my big contribution to the film: being in the big dance scene. So, no. I wanted to be the clock, but I couldn’t. But my voice will be heard! And my face will eventually be seen!"

LINKhttp://beautyandthebeastmovienews.blogspot.co.uk

it is making me even more excited for this movie. They are picking out those special movie moments (from the 1991 movie) for this new adaptation, which is making it feel more wonderful for everybody to look forward to including myself.

westendfanatic
#654Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/19/15 at 9:19pm

found this on google cleverly done by somebody of Dan as the Beast/Prince.....Thoughts?

Beauty and the Beast

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#655Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/19/15 at 9:39pm

Disney could have hired so much better, look wise. Better than Redmayne as Gaston...eek

disneybroadwayfan22
#656Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/19/15 at 9:39pm

Disney could have hired so much better, look wise. Better than Redmayne as Gaston...eek

westendfanatic
#657Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/20/15 at 8:27am

"Disney could have hired so much better, look wise. Better than Redmayne as Gaston...eek"

I agree as far as the Gaston character goes. I mean, Luke Evans is perfect, but I think Dan Stevens has been perfectly cast as the Beast aswell. Dan is very handsome, he can certainly act in a serious role, none of us have heard him sing in anything yet, but i think he will charm the socks off us all in "Beauty & The Beast". If he could do it to thousands of female viewers playing Matthew Crawley in Downton, he can certainly put it off in this role. When he is being interviewed, he has got the softest and quietest speaking voice that the character of the Beast has (nearing the end of the film when falling in love with Belle) and the Beast has also got a warm and gentle soul that I also think Dan Stevens has. Plus...his eyes are icy blue which is THE trademark of the Beast. I think we could have done with a better Lumiere, but hey ho......

Beauty and the Beast

Updated On: 7/20/15 at 08:27 AM

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
#658Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/20/15 at 12:37pm

I agree, while I have big doubts on Dan as the beast and his acting capabilities, he does have the perfect look for the transformed Prince

Luke Evans im not sure on either but he definately a better fit than Eddie 

westendfanatic
#659Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/20/15 at 4:48pm

"I agree, while I have big doubts on Dan as the beast and his acting capabilities, he does have the perfect look for the transformed Prince
Luke Evans im not sure on either but he definately a better fit than Eddie "

Luke Evans is perfect for Gaston. As well as Josh Gad (LeFou), he is the only principal cast member in this film that can sing...

LINK = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZOkWV9POcs

Beauty and the Beast

Updated On: 7/20/15 at 04:48 PM

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
#660Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/20/15 at 5:26pm

I know I've seen him in musicals here in the UK. He is a bland actor and is the same in everything I've seen him in. I hope he brings some charisma finally 

westendfanatic
#661Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/20/15 at 5:38pm

"I know I've seen him in musicals here in the UK. He is a bland actor and is the same in everything I've seen him in. I hope he brings some charisma finally "

I agree about the "bland actor" as he was a bit like that in Tamara Drewe, but that was his first feature film after all of his theatre work. I really liked him in The Hobbit films. He has vastly improved in his acting since Tamara Drewe, but as far as the singing goes, I think he's really good. As far as the charisma goes for Gaston, I think he will do fab and he obviously has the charm for the character. He has gone from being a complete unknown to being one of the hottest and sort after hollywood stars of today. I think the pairing of him and Josh Gad together as Gaston and LeFou in this film, will be amazing.  

Wilmingtom
#662Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/20/15 at 10:54pm

From all reports it sounds like they could just shoot the human characters (Watson, Kline, Gad et al.) and insert them with the original film's inanimate characters, with re-dubbed voices, until the end when the inanimate characters become human again and we see McKellan, Thompson, McDonald et al. come to life.  The original movie is beautifully animated.  Why would they redo it?

westendfanatic
#663Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/21/15 at 10:30am

"From all reports it sounds like they could just shoot the human characters (Watson, Kline, Gad et al.) and insert them with the original film's inanimate characters, with re-dubbed voices, until the end when the inanimate characters become human again and we see McKellan, Thompson, McDonald et al. come to life.  The original movie is beautifully animated.  Why would they redo it?"

where have you read this?

Another photo has been uploaded by Luke Evans on WhoSay of another day of shooting...

LINK = http://www.whosay.com/status/lukeevans/1127069?wsref=tw&code=UCdaPhP

not sure what scene they are using this as, but the photos uploaded so far, shows the sets/filming locations are looking pretty impressive right now.

Updated On: 7/21/15 at 10:30 AM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#664Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:47am

westendfanatic
#665Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/27/15 at 12:07pm

Hopefully, we'll see some stuff from the film soon including a teaser trailer or two. fingers crossed.

jacobsnchz14
#666Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/27/15 at 12:48pm

I'll be at the Disney D23 convention in a couple of weeks and I plan on going to the Live Action panel and will be sure to report back if they show something.

westendfanatic
#667Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/27/15 at 12:57pm

"I'll be at the Disney D23 convention in a couple of weeks and I plan on going to the Live Action panel and will be sure to report back if they show something."

Awesome. If you can, get some pictures and upload them onto here. Do you think they would have something from there on the internet? video, pictures, etc...? i hope so.

westendfanatic
#668Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/28/15 at 4:19pm

Great interview on the Vanity Fair website with Bill Condon...

LINK = http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/07/bill-condon-beauty-and-the-beast-mr-holmes?mbid=social_twitter

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#669Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/28/15 at 4:43pm

Not sure if a teaser will be anytime soon... Isn't it still about 20 months away? (March '17) Teasers generally aren't further out than about 12-months max.

Starship
#670Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/28/15 at 6:40pm

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see anything any time soon. MAYBE a poster by the end of the year? BATB is following the schedule Cinderella did with filming over a year in advance. With Cindy, we got that teaser 10 months in advance. I think last year, though, at one Disney's events, they showed a clip of Cinderella way before they released anything official, so you never know.

Showface
#671Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/28/15 at 6:58pm

I wouldn't even be excited for a teaser.
It's likely going to be like the Cinderella one, except this time it's of the rose, and maybe a petal falling off.

degrassifan
#672Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/28/15 at 7:18pm

8 months before the teaser for Cinderella, Disney released a picture of Lily James in costume riding a horse. 

jacobsnchz14
#673Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/29/15 at 9:39am

Beauty and the Beast

disneybroadwayfan22
#674Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/29/15 at 9:54am

It's great to see Josh and Luke so close.

I think, at least we will get from D23, are the first stills & official looks on the objects with Emma Watson, performing. I doubt we will get a trailer 

Videos