Dee to Depart Wicked JAN

itsboq
#50re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 12:31pm

Isn't Rondi leaving in May?

UAisGREAT
#51re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 12:43pm

The girl going into the role is a famous country music artist. She is in a country music group. Was just nominated for a Grammy.

itsboq
#52re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 12:49pm

Ok so that leaves 3 candidates. Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, or Miranda Lambert

lisaatje009 Profile Photo
lisaatje009
#53re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 12:50pm

"As much as I loved Caissie on Broadway the one time I saw her go on, isn't she supposed to go to London with the company of Hair? "

You're right! I forgot that for a minute.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#54re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 1:59pm

Ok so that leaves 3 candidates. Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, or Miranda Lambert

I'd be SHOCKED if either Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift, both of whom are superstars at the moment, would commit even 3 months to a Broadway show. They both sell out arenas.

itsboq
#55re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 2:08pm

Carrie is launching a tour in March and i know that Taylor will also be touring in the spring

mina3
#56re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 2:18pm

I'm not up on country music at all, but are either Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift in a country music GROUP? I thought they were solo artists. Not to mention everyone's very valid points about those two being waaaay too famous/successful right now to commit to a Broadway show.

rmusic11322
#57re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 2:22pm

i am ALL for the idea of Diana DeGarmo. she was a riot in The Toxic Avenger. I loved her in that show. if she does get casted, i hope that doesn't make all of the other American Idols think they can automatically do a huge show like Wicked.

provocation Profile Photo
provocation
#58re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 2:32pm

Whoever seriously thinks Taylor Swift would be able to sing the Wicked score is quite mistaken and should be shot.

I know, right?

MusicSnob1 Profile Photo
MusicSnob1
#59re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 2:36pm

ENOUGH WITH CARRIE UNDERWOOD. g'damn, some of you are so foolish.

And now someone suggests Taylor Swift??? Are you kidding me?? You have no grasp on the real world - only what's in your head.

I apologize if that's harsh but enough is enough. People need to start thinking realistically, so that we don't have to keep saying "it's not carrie underwood" or "it's not taylor swift" ... it saves us all time.

When I think about you, I touch myself.

itsboq
#60re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 2:46pm

yeah you are right. i overread the country group part. Would it be Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland?

UAisGREAT
#61re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 2:54pm

Yes.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#62re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 3:01pm

Oh, GOD NO. Jennifer Nettles voice is very irritating.

re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#63re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 4:56pm

Just found this interview with Jennifer Nettles on youtube:

Skip to 2:15. She says she'd love to Broadway and her dream role is to play Elphaba in Wicked. Not that it necessarily means a thing, of course.

Jennifer Nettles interview Updated On: 12/10/09 at 04:56 PM

DefyGravity777
#64re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 5:05pm

I think the chick from Lady Antebellum would make a good Elphaba. I'm blanking on her name right now.

Sugarland isn't a group. They are a duo.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!
Updated On: 12/10/09 at 05:05 PM

itsboq
#65re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 5:10pm

I like her music-so I think that she will be great!!!! And from that little interview she seems adorable!

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#66re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 5:22pm

Growing up in Texas I saw Sugarland live many times and I always remember there being three members...so, wouldn't that be a group and not a duo? Did one leave?

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#67re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 5:26pm

This is officially one of the stupidest threads in awhile, I mean seriously: WTF?!

P

P.S. I'm still p*ssed that Mandy was just a rumor.

DefyGravity777
#68re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 5:26pm

^ the older woman that played guitar left before they made it "big". She had the spiky hair.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#69re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 5:34pm

^ DefyGravity777 - I just realized I confused Sugarland with SheDaisy. Just kidding haha

And Pgenre - Hopefully, one day she'll be Elphaba. What a kick ass Elphaba she would be?

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#70re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 5:38pm

Hopefully, she won't have to slum it as the 17th Elphaba and will get to originate another role on Broadway after having been absolutely DIVINE in the original casts of both DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES and IN THE HEIGHTS.

And her Amneris in AIDA was pretty fierce as well.

GO MANDY!

P

snowskittle
#71re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/10/09 at 6:59pm

Do you think the directors would even consider casting someone with no acting experience or training no matter how good their vocals are? I suppose it's possible, but I'd doubt it.

Voice is important, but it's not everything, and I'm sure they know that.

Parks
#72re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/11/09 at 1:35am

I just saw the show tonight. Dee was probably the worst Elphaba I've seen. Her No Good Deed was actually pretty good, but my jaw dropped at how painful her The Wizard and I was.

Erin was a wonderful Galinda, I thought!!

For a good portion of the show, I was thinking about Diana being Elphaba. I'm sure it's been made clear that I LOVE Diana, but I'm not sure she is right for the part of Elphaba. I was actually hoping to lose at the Wicked lottery tonight so I could see Toxic Avenger... but alas, I won Wicked. Has Diana grown a lot? I'm just not sure her voice is right for the part of Elphaba right now.

...but if she were cast as Elphaba, you'd better believe I would be there on her opening night!! re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

rmusic11322
#73re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/11/09 at 2:35pm

Why must the keep recycling Elphabas and Glindas? I guess they "took a chance" with Nicole and Alli.

inick122492 Profile Photo
inick122492
#74re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 12:03am

I personally think Julie, current s/b, was brought in b/c they want to promote her but she has been turned away twice already so, maybe not but still hopeful!

Videos