pixeltracker

SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring- Page 3

SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#50SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/17/14 at 12:06pm

Weird that the box office is open at 8am but I'm glad since now I'll be able to get them tomorrow.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#51SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/17/14 at 12:22pm

The tickets won't be going on sale until Friday, the 19th.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Falling
#52SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/17/14 at 12:24pm

Kad-thanks for clearing that up (no sarcasm). I was about to question Clyde saying he'd get his tix tomorrow. It is Friday...at least that was what I'd read.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#53SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/17/14 at 3:42pm

My bad. My schedule was different this week so my days have been mixed up. I meant I'd be there Friday morning. Apparently there's free coffee too.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#54SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/17/14 at 4:08pm

Does anyone know if this is a family friendly comedy? Or should I expect a spattering of f-words and crude humor?

AntV
#55SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/18/14 at 5:51am

I suspect the tickets at the box office will ONLY be on sale at 8 AM and not any time or day after? Since Side Show is still running and I always thought they never sell tickets for upcoming productions while one is still running there.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#56SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/18/14 at 9:04am

That brings up a good point. I'm glad it's too early in the morning for the cast and crew of Side Show to be on the premises, because what a painful sight that would be for them, to see crowds of people eagerly buying tickets for the show's replacement. I guess it's just business, but very sad.

Updated On: 12/18/14 at 09:04 AM

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#57SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/18/14 at 9:23am

Shame on Jordan Roth for allowing this. Would it be such a big deal to wait a couple of more weeks until Side Show is closed?

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#58SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/18/14 at 9:54am

For allowing what? The announcement? This happens ALL THE TIME.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#59SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/18/14 at 9:56am

God, it's a business decision to drum up excitement as soon as possible. Side Show is closing. Everyone involved moves on, why can't the fans? No one died here.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 12/18/14 at 09:56 AM

mamaleh
#60SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/18/14 at 10:10am

I remember buying a front-row balcony $27 seat to THE CRIPPLE OF INISHMAAN while the marvelous Stewart-McKellen WAITING FOR GODOT and NO MAN'S LAND were still running at the Cort. Which proves that box office staff can walk and chew gum at the same time.

hyperbole_and_a_half Profile Photo
hyperbole_and_a_half
#61SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/18/14 at 11:34am

I'm not entirely excited about a Shakespearean musical written by a brand new Contemporary Christian songwriter with two camp, gay stereotypes as leads and a cameo by Nostradamus' brother opening cold in New York without an out-of-town run.

I mean, yikes. Are we this starved for new material? Sad face.

iluvtheatertrash
#62SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/19/14 at 8:14am

Telecharge just confirmed for me that they only released extreme side and mezzanine seats. So much for "every single seat".

I went with front row mezzanine .

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#63SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/19/14 at 8:15am

That was pretty smooth. Most of the orchestra wasn't included in the sale, just the usual side orchestra/rear orchestra horseshoe... but seemingly the entire mezz/balcony was. I got a front row, center mezzanine, aisle seat for $22.70 all in, so not bad.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#64SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/19/14 at 8:15am

Really? I got orchestra left 4 seats off the aisle. Although the system was acting up and kept changing on me.

Jish
#65SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/19/14 at 8:17am

Does this mean they were selling the other seats exclusively at the box office or is the whole $15.95 for every seat a bending of the truth?

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#66SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/19/14 at 8:18am

I had a similar experience- as soon as I selected a pair of seats, the site would tell me they weren't available. My only guess is a lot of people tried to access these as soon as they went on sale. That said, I got two great seats in the center mezz, so I'm excited!

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#67SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/19/14 at 8:21am

Yeah, I was looking for aisle, so the orchestra was all side, but starting a few seats in... I don't know that the system was acting up. Those were just other people grabbing the same seats.

Jish, there's really no way for us to know. I just got a Broadway ticket for a few bucks, so not really concerned, heh.

iluvtheatertrash
#68SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/19/14 at 8:21am

According to the two Telecharge staff members I spoke to (one was a supervisor) the producers did not release a single center orchestra seat at these prices. Also, according to the folks at Telecharge, I was the very first person to call in. Which means they aren't being truthful when they say "every single seat". Which isn't very classy.

I went with front row mezz because it seemed like a much better view than the extreme side seats in Row G and beyond.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#69SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/19/14 at 8:23am

I bought three seats in Row B of the mezzanine, on the side aisle. Still, it would have been exciting to be in the orchestra! I got on Telecharge at 8:01 and there wasn't much left in the orchestra, so I have to believe that some seats were held back or reserved in some way.

Updated On: 12/19/14 at 08:23 AM

iluvtheatertrash
#70SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring

You SHOULD be concerned. Because the producers essentially lied to the public. Nowhere near every single seat in that house was released for $15.95 this morning.

Glad I got a seat. But I don't condone the fact that they weren't honest about it all.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#71SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring

Well, "every single seat" they put on sale today was discounted. They just didn't release the whole house. SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#72SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/19/14 at 8:24am

But they said they would release the whole house. Something rotten is starting already!

Did anyone here actually go to the theater? I'm curious how early the line started.

Updated On: 12/19/14 at 08:24 AM

iluvtheatertrash
#73SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/19/14 at 8:25am

But they didn't say "every single seat we release". They said "every single seat in the theatre". Which means they lied.

If I was the first person on the phone with Telecharge (literally, I was on the phone with them AS the page refreshed and tickets went on sale), I should have had a ton of options. But nope.

Best seat I could get? Front row mezzanine, side, for the Wednesday performance.

iluvtheatertrash
#74SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
Posted: 12/19/14 at 8:27am

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the eye, or whatever that saying is. BUT, it's a little frustrating to set an alarm on my first day of vacation, wake up early to nab a fantastic seat and wind up disappointed because the producers were not being entirely truthful.

Videos