pixeltracker

Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest- Page 3

Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest

Gensho Profile Photo
Gensho
#51Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/10/17 at 12:45pm

How does Colton handle the book scenes? Particularly in the second act in the scenes with his mom? 

Margo319
#53Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/10/17 at 1:41pm

Skylark3 said: "Margo, the name-calling gives you away. And your decision to continue to engage someone you think of as ridiculous only serves to support that. I forgive you.

Namaste.

I appreciate the positive feedback, everyone.  It's helped put this in a better perspective.  As did a nights rest. 

The only person who called you "names" was bwayphreak234, not me.  Are you a millennial? Do you get offended by everything and think that when someone says sweetheart it's "name calling"?.  If so, I cannot help you or your entire generation, because everything offends you.  Take your ridiculous complaints to the person who actually called you a negative name.  But, I agree with them wholeheartedly.  Read the news.  Get a clue on what real disappointment and heartbreak is.  Sincerely, Me

"Skylark3 - you are insufferable"

Updated On: 6/10/17 at 01:41 PM

MVintheheartland
#54Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/10/17 at 4:39pm

I would love to see Colton Ryan. I saw Ben Platt a month or so ago, would be great to see another interpretation. Also I am a sucker for understudies. (except one show where I saw the second understudy as star and first understudy had the stomach flu. Guy did great, but was about 20 years older than character should have been).

Oldiebutgoodie

Margo319
#55Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/11/17 at 1:07pm

Colton will be performing again, today.  If anyone sees him, let me know how his performance is.  Happy Tonys everyone!!

iowaopoly08
#56Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/11/17 at 1:54pm

Exciting for Colton! 

Now countdown to people melting down in 3.......2......

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#57Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/11/17 at 7:16pm

Confirms he'll be back on Tuesday in DEHBen Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

brdway411
#58Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/11/17 at 7:47pm

Was at the show today, Tony Sunday, to see the understudy. Yes, we saw many a melt down because Ben was out. 

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#59Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/11/17 at 8:21pm

I know that Ben is wonderful in is role, but would the average theater goer really know who he is and exchange a ticket if he's not appearing?

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#61Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/11/17 at 8:46pm

I see your point, Nicole.  I think Ben was wonderful but didn't know him before this show, so that was why I posted as I did.

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

Margo319
#63Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/11/17 at 9:19pm

Actually, tons of people always ask Ben on Twitter if he will be in the show, since it started.  Ben is the star of that show, very clearly.  

HD1313
#64Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/11/17 at 9:30pm

Hey Margo319, whats up?? You sure seem to have an opinion on anything and everything people have to say on this post, and mostly a negative one. This is a safe place for fans of shows. No need to be a know it all, especially on Tony Sunday!

Margo319
#65Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/11/17 at 9:35pm

See this box around me?   This is a "safe place" (are you a millennial?) for me to offer any opinion I want!  Safe place, that makes me laugh out loud.  It's a message board, and I can share anything and everything I want!  What a beautiful thing!  Opinions about people, shows, posters, and any other thing.  What a magical place this is, especially on Tony Sunday, my very favorite day of the year!!!  Feel free to do so without judgement!  Yeahhhh internet message board!!  

Margo319
#66Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/11/17 at 9:45pm

brdway411 said: "Was at the show today, Tony Sunday, to see the understudy. Yes, we saw many a melt down because Ben was out."

Not shocked at all.  Like I said, Ben IS the show.  I think because people can relate to him so much. 

bmj243
#67Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/11/17 at 9:49pm

Hey Margo319, do you have that millennial bit copied so you can just paste it whenever you feel like using it? That seems to be your most common post, attacking "millennials". It's really a basic, poor comeback. Try harder.

Margo319
#68Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/11/17 at 10:05pm

Oh, I don't need to.  Millennials are so annoying (oh, does the use of gender pronouns offend you?) they will always point that out to me.  LOL.  Thanks!  Enjoy the Tonys, it is wonderful this year!!!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#69Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/12/17 at 1:09am

Margo319 said: "Actually, tons of people always ask Ben on Twitter if he will be in the show, since it started.  Ben is the star of that show, very clearly.  

"

He sure is and now a TONY winner and BEST MUSICAL AND...

DEH Holy Toledo...

They just raised prices for Orchestra $299-$399

Mezzanine $250-$299

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Margo319
#70Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/12/17 at 1:17am

Oh my God, already?!  Expected but damnnnnnn!  

10086Sundays
#71Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/12/17 at 1:21am

I believe they raised prices on Friday or Saturday. Now I know how folks who go in to see Hamilton before it blew up feel.

tiramisu_girl
#72Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/12/17 at 1:33am

Crazy prices, but expected. But it's annoying how there are hundreds of tickets on stubhub. Glad I bought mine before the craziness began, but sad that scalpers are having a heyday.

10086sunset
#73Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/12/17 at 8:54am

HD1313 said: "Hey Margo319, whats up?? You sure seem to have an opinion on anything and everything people have to say on this post, and mostly a negative one. This is a safe place for fans of shows. No need to be a know it all, especially on Tony Sunday"

Yep, that's Margo. Class act all the way.

10086sunset
#74Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/12/17 at 8:56am

Skylark3 said: "Insufferable? Actually, I'm just colossally disappointed.no more,no less."

I'm really sorry, Skylark. Just a crappy situation. Your disappointment is understandable.

ijest22
#75Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/12/17 at 9:02am

Robbie2 said: "Margo319 said: "Actually, tons of people always ask Ben on Twitter if he will be in the show, since it started.  Ben is the star of that show, very clearly.  

"

He sure is and now a TONY winner and BEST MUSICAL AND...

DEH Holy Toledo...

They just raised prices for Orchestra $299-$399

Mezzanine $250-$299

"

They were already charging that, at least for orchestra center, back in April.  I had the bad luck to pay stub hub prices for Tony day and saw Colton (fine, but not at Ben Platt prices).  I'm throwing another small fortune at next Saturday night.  It's kind of like playing craps-- maybe you get lucky and maybe you wasted a lot of money.

HD1313
#76Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/12/17 at 10:57am

Completely putting aside Margo319's ignorance and worn down "Millennial" comeback, Skylark3, I am so sorry that happened to you. Yes, we have to always brace ourselves for the chance that the actors we are looking forward to seeing won't be in the show, but its still heartbreaking when we get to the show and that little slip in the playbill says "At this performance"...I had a similar situation when I went to see Fun Home and Emily Skeggs and Michaeal Cerveris were both out, and returned...the day after I saw the show...very frustrating. It happens, but nonetheless, frustrating. I hope that you can sort out a way to see Ben in the role before he leaves. He truly is fantastic.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#77Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
Posted: 6/12/17 at 1:21pm

Yes, those prices have been in effect for several months now.

If by chance Ben is out, you can get a refund - no problem from the box office.  

Videos