pixeltracker

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT- Page 3

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT

kmpellicone
#50Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/15/24 at 8:16pm

Has anyone heard anything more about this concert? First rehearsal to come? Are they rehearsing as a company?

GottaGetAGimmick420
#51Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/15/24 at 8:20pm

Met with a producer for this concert a few weeks ago that hung their head low admitting tickets were not moving for this like they expected. I tried explaining at those ticket prices with no specific audience in mind with a lack of marketing… they agreed but it seemed like they were already resigned to losing their money on this. Which is crazy, because it wasn’t cheap.

I'm just here so I don't get fined

binau Profile Photo
binau
#52Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/16/24 at 7:01am

I don't remember the last time we had a major Sondheim event in NYC flop so hard on arrival. They might have gotten away with it if they budgeted for one night only but there just isn't the demand at these prices for several performances. The mediocre reaction on this forum to it also probably is a good litmus test for lack of interest. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#53Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/16/24 at 7:18am

Wow that’s nearly as bad as someone at the Palace, the Saturday 1pm is sadly sold. 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#54Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/16/24 at 9:17am

It didn’t help that the Follies concert was announced for the week before, but had a genuinely star-studded cast and was substantially more affordable. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#55Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/16/24 at 10:09am

I don’t think anyone is rushing to the box office to see A Little Night Music led by Susan Graham, Marsha Mason, and a 74-year-old Ron Raines. Talk about a misfire of casting. I don’t think Miles and Erivo in smaller roles is enough for some. 

kmpellicone
#56Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/16/24 at 2:58pm

I really thought this was going to be HUGE, but now, to me, I can hardly believe it's even going to happen. Just going to be a lot of people seated in the partial view spots: the only ones affordable enough. 

Sytwix
#57Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/18/24 at 7:24am

Looks like prices were reduced (I just checked Sat matinee) - the second tier front section which were originally priced at $199 are now $129. Also looks like orchestra section seats that were going for $300-$450 are now $218. 

GottaGetAGimmick420
#58Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/23/24 at 10:30am

Cynthia Erivo was on Colbert last night promoting the show… someone finally called in the big PR guns

I'm just here so I don't get fined

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#59Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/23/24 at 2:47pm

I would’ve moved heaven and earth to see this with a good, exciting, age appropriate cast, but this is not it. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#60Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/23/24 at 6:24pm

I'd probably check it out of I could get a half decent seat for $35 or under. But the lowest I've seen are TDF prices. They'd be wise to do a digital lottery/rush or put a few hundred seats per night on papering services –– sooner than later –– so the house doesn't look so empty. They've barely sold anything beyond Orchestra Row M for the two Saturday shows. Pouring advertising dollars into this is not going to help. The cast is the cast, and they'll be staring into a mostly empty house most nights.

Also, if I may get petty for a moment:
- it's 2024, why are 8/8 people on your principal creative team white men?
- why are there multiple website errors including no bio for Sondheim, spelling/capitalization errors, and title discrepancies for artists involved?
- was no press announcement made noting that Marc Bruni would be replacing John Doyle as director after tickets went on sale? (Doyle is still credited with 'concert adaptation.')

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#61Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/23/24 at 6:44pm

The powers that be of this production are a nightmare from what I’ve heard. Hopefully the concert is still a special night, I regret buying a full price ticket when they went on sale.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#62Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/23/24 at 7:55pm

They literally chose the worst time to do this concert.  I absolutely love the show, I’d want to see it too.  I saw they papered Uncle Vanya and Mary Jane, I’m wandering if their stars were out 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#63Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
Posted: 6/23/24 at 9:36pm

TotallyEffed said: "The powers that be ofthis production are a nightmare from what I’ve heard"

When the producer has never done anything on this level before yet puts their name on the advertising image (but not credits for the principal actors, director, choreographer, Orchestra of St. Luke's, or conductor), that kind of goes without saying :)

Updated On: 6/23/24 at 09:36 PM

Videos