john tartaglia
baret foa(when done with q)
julia murney(when done with lennon)
laura benanti
gavin creel(when done with la cage)
jai rodriguez (after zanna)
Harvey feirsten
chris seiber(after spamelot)
Jennifer hudson(if she can remember her words)

and there is no prblem with reviving a show like hair (so waht who cares if it has nudity and talks about pot) this show is what we need around this time in the political world ok and yes it will be amazing i think and i cant wait for the recording. The recording process is done they are just in the works of getting it done

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#51re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/11/05 at 7:10pm

anybody that wasn't in bklyn, wicked or rent.

Jon
#52re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/11/05 at 8:29pm

PLEASE GOD PLEASE do not cast a bunch of 30-something Broadway veterans in HAIR. The show only works with YOUNG unknowns. That's what made it such a phenomenon.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#53re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/11/05 at 9:31pm

Thanks to a suggestion from Insomniak, I've just listened to the OBCR of Hair. I think it would be great to have a revival - for one thing, it would counter the current drive by the right wing to virtually eradicate the sixties from our culture. The difficulty does seem to be in keeping it from seeming quaint, as one person put it, and therefore toothless.

By the way, the liner notes for my CD pointed out that Hair started to lose some of its bite even while it was still running on Broadway, after the original cast left and "actors" rather than unknowns were in it. I wonder if that would still hold true today though, coming into a completely different cultural climate.

elvenprincess971 Profile Photo
elvenprincess971
#54re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/12/05 at 1:02am

What about a mix? Having one or two names to bring in those who follow them (i.e. Adam Pascal...?) and then the rest be unknowns. That way, theres two types of audience: those that go for the show and what it stands for, and those who go for the actors....which is sad, but some do.

Love, Miss Britt

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#55re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/12/05 at 1:03am

I'm such a fan of all the Adam support here... re: HAIR revival.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

elvenprincess971
#56re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/12/05 at 1:10am

...glad to know you appreciate the thread...lol re: HAIR revival.

Love, Miss Britt

luvtheEmcee
#57re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/12/05 at 1:12am

I'm not all that familiar with Hair, but I love the score, and would definitely like a chance to see it revived. The Adam love is just a very predominant part of my personality. I'd absolutely see it even if he weren't involved. In all seriousness, though, he's said that he'd like to be. He's pretty politically-minded.

OneBlazeOfGlory Profile Photo
OneBlazeOfGlory
#58re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/12/05 at 10:16pm

'The show only works with YOUNG unknowns. That's what made it such a phenomenon. '

AGREED! That would include me re: HAIR revival. late teens/early 20s by the time they ever decide to even have a revival when/if they do, AND I'm currently in a production of it right now. I don't care if I'd just be a tribe/ensemble member if any of these people you're suggesting would be in it and its on broadway, I'm so there re: HAIR revival.

Here in this cold white room tied up to these machines, it's hard to imagine life as it used to be. Laughing, screaming, tumbling queen... Like the most amazing light show you've ever seen. Whirling, swirling, never blue... How could you go and die? What a selfish thing to do... RIP Jason

luvtheEmcee
#59re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/12/05 at 10:17pm

Great avatar, Glory. re: HAIR revival.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#60re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/12/05 at 11:10pm

"The show only works with YOUNG unknowns."

I never understand comments like this. Honestly, who cares whether the person has never performed professionally or whether they've orginated 10 roles on Broadway? If they can play the part and bring life to it...that should be enough.

elvenprincess971
#61re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 3/7/05 at 6:25pm

eh... either way i still want them to bring it back.

Love, Miss Britt

Videos