Taye Diggs TV Notice

Adamaddict Profile Photo
Adamaddict
#50re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:10am

OK. I'm goin' in...here's hoping they don't hear me! Darn noisy stairs!

"If from the farthest sun I'll carry on * just for the moment I can feel * the beauty of the beating of your heart * every time it beats for me."
Updated On: 2/17/05 at 12:10 AM

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#51re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:12am

good luck!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

BEKA531
#52re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:13am

yeah, i'll be back... he'll be on soon... there's only 15 minutes of the show left.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#53re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:14am

He's next! They just cut to commercial.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#54re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:14am

Yay

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#55re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:19am

What was that?! They're leaving about 2 minutes for him!

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#56re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:19am

Why are there so many commercials! I am cranky and this is making it worse!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#57re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:33am

Too short and too much makeup

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#58re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:33am

awww so cute! I love the tokyo footage. I thought they were going to go into rent but they didn't. Oh well. He was great as always.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#59re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:34am

It was waayyy too short. But he was adorable as always. I loved his "Boo-Taye" story and the Disneyland video.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#60re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:36am

I agree it was too short but what can you do? I find that with most of these shows, there is way to much filler.

Adamaddict Profile Photo
Adamaddict
#61re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:37am

Yay I did it! Yes, wayy too many commercials. Same thing with Adam; they leave like 30 seconds for the best people!
He seemed somewhat like either nervous/tired/or not wanting to do it when he first entered. Wasn't he asked what his Broadway debut was, I didn't hear anything about Rent.

"If from the farthest sun I'll carry on * just for the moment I can feel * the beauty of the beating of your heart * every time it beats for me."
Updated On: 2/17/05 at 12:37 AM

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#62re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:39am

He was in carousel. Then he went to tokyo. :)

BEKA531
#63re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:41am

I DID IT! my dad started coughing and i got all nervous, but he didnt come down. i had the TV on so low, i was like 2 feet away from it. and i LOVED his purple shirt. wow, amazing.

yes, i agree, TOO MANY COMMERCIALS!

that was the weirdest interview ever. they didnt mention 2 of the most prominent things in his life -- RENT AND HIS WIFE.

Adamaddict Profile Photo
Adamaddict
#64re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:42am

I hate when the host has no clue what's going on with his own guest. He was like "So 'Kevin Hill', is this a ..play orr.."

Taye's smile is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#65re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:43am

I am not surprised beka. Most people are not into hearing about his theater experiences. He is known more for his film and tv work. As much as you and i would want to hear about Rent and such, it is not going to happen. Oh well. Sorry if i am sounding like a bitch. I think it is time for me to get some sleep.

BEKA531
#66re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:43am

yeahh... but he did know SOME stuff. who knows about his tokyo disney thing? (well, i do, but i'm a stalker)

yess... i was ready to take a picture of the screen.

when he said video, i thought he was gonna show the seasons of love rent one that every talk show plays.

ok, i'm going to bed. talk to you all tomorrow.

Adamaddict Profile Photo
Adamaddict
#67re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:45am

Hey Beka, me too lol.. I'm like all tense waiting for those stupid neverending commercials to end. Luckily my parents are obsessed with sleep and fall into deep ones quickly.

tip: upon sprinting back up the stairs, try to take every other step--it's faster re: Taye Diggs TV Notice !

this whole computer in my room thing is not good afterall..*yaawwn* G*night and sweet dreams of Taye re: Taye Diggs TV Notice

Updated On: 2/17/05 at 12:45 AM

BEKA531
#68re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:47am

MINE DON'T! they wake up so easily! especially my mom, she's such a light sleeper.

and i can't sprint up the stairs... they're wood and make too much noise. but they actually cooperated and didn't creak too much tonight.

ok, bed, really. g'night.

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#69re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 10:42am

i am disappointed that i waited around for that, honestly. i don't like letterman.. that was the most nothing of an interview. did he really need to spend that much time on tokyo?

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#70re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 10:44am

Is he the most beautiful man alive or what?

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

mirramar
#71re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 12:36pm

Argh, I stayed awake through Kelly Ripa's interview, but I drifted off during Taye's interview! I did manage to open my eyes and saw him in some outlandish yellow outfit! Was that from his Tokyo Disney stint? I'm not sure how much of the interview I actually heard and how much of it I dreamed. Oh well, he was hardly on, and judging from what y'all said, he didn't mention anything theater-related.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#72re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 1:16pm

Yes, that yellow banana outfit was from his time in Tokyo Disneyland. They didn't really talk about anything theatre-related except for saying he got his start in Carousel.

bostonbroadwayfan
#73re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 1:28pm

More people would rather watch Kelly Ripa babble on about Regis than would probably even know who Taye is.
He did a good job on the show.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#74re: Taye Diggs TV Notice
Posted: 2/17/05 at 2:16pm

I have to disagree that Rent is the "most prominent" thing in his life. Yes, it was his "big break" in the theater world, but I think being the star/producer of your own network TV show is definitely bigger. And, despite your personal feelings on it, Kelly Ripa is definitely a bigger name than Taye is, so naturally she'll get more screentime- that's the way talk shows work.

And is it really that difficult to stay up until 12:30 at night? Y'all will never make it through college if you have trouble with that, I was up until 6:15 this morning doing work and got up again at 10am for classes.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Videos