pixeltracker

Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips- Page 3

Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips

suchclumsytime
#50re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/1/05 at 8:16pm

Hrm...I was thinking of applying/auditioning to CM, but then I realized how far away it is from me! I just finished some college auditions myself (particularly NYU's Steinhardt School and Wagner College), and I totally empathize with the nailbiting anxiety you're probably feeling at the moment! Heck, that's all my blog's been about lately. X.x Well, I've got my fingers crossed for you!

But if you kiss me,
If we touch,
Warning's fair:
I don't care
Very much

jesseeinstein
#51re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/1/05 at 8:38pm

Well good luck to you! Wat's your top choice? I'm dedfinately nervous!

suchclumsytime
#52re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/1/05 at 8:46pm

Definitely NYU...I live only a few minutes from Wagner and sort of wanted to get away from home...but not so far away as CMU! I'm also hoping for Yale or Williams (I'm a really big nerd), but heaven only knows... Oy, so frustrating!

But if you kiss me,
If we touch,
Warning's fair:
I don't care
Very much

Danielle38
#53re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/2/05 at 8:26am

im pretty sure everyone gets a call from a cmu student to see if they have any questions. I also got a call but it was a while ago.

jesseeinstein
#54re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/2/05 at 8:42am

Well... I was hopingre: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips

jesseeinstein
#55re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/8/05 at 10:18pm

Oh man! Yesterday they supposedly were making their decisions.... *crosses fingers so hard that he almost breaks them!* Everyone please hope and pray for me!!!!

MissRyahCMU Profile Photo
MissRyahCMU
#56re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/27/05 at 3:48pm

Hey there! I recently received my acceptance into the musical theatre program at CMU--- is there anyone else here who is accepted, as well? I would love to talk to others who will be going to school with me next year... considering there will only be 10-12 of us, we may as well become friends now! :o) Let me know, PM me!
Ryah

find1songglory Profile Photo
find1songglory
#57re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/27/05 at 5:18pm

hehehe hi fred...thought i'd say hi. were dorks!!! congrats again. you deserve it.
- your darling niece

don't look back, don't be afraid...this is how we find and lose our dreams, and this is how our lives are made...the choice is hard but the dream is there...

Sporti2005
#58re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/27/05 at 5:49pm

i just got my first rejection letter....wow. i didn't think i cared so much. re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips

maggie

"grace, you're stuffed in a box getting rid of ass plaque. let's face it, this evening is a bust."

MissRyahCMU
#59re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/27/05 at 5:52pm

was your rejection to carnegie mellon? im sorry to hear that... this whole process is so nervewracking-- where else did you apply and get accepted? let me know! good luck with your other schools!

PJ
#60re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/27/05 at 5:57pm

Sorry to hear that Sporti. Yeah, you don't realize how much a rejection letter kills your confidence until you've gotten one.

Sporti2005
#61re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/27/05 at 6:14pm

it was from the university of hartford (the hartt school). i guess i was just upset b/c i thought i had done really well and statisically i thought i had a good chance of getting in.

i also applied to NYU, Ithaca College, Syracuse University, and AMDA.

i was accepted to AMDA and got a pretty good scholarship i guess. (considering they don't really give that many)

but i really liked hartford. hopefully someone else says yes b/c i kinda don't want to go to AMDA!!!! i have pretty good grades (a 3.9 GPA), so hopefully somewhere will want me!! and i mean, i'm not the best singer/dancer/actor in the world, but i'm most definitely not the worst. there were girls a lot better than me at auditions, but there were also a lot who were not as good, i don't think. anyway, i'll hear mroe by this friday.

maggie

"grace, you're stuffed in a box getting rid of ass plaque. let's face it, this evening is a bust."

jesseeinstein
#62re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:23am

I'm so nervous about CMU! I want this so badly! I'm afraid to check online because it may curse it(usually I'm actually level headed, but man, this is hard!) Congrats on your acceptance Ryah! Hopefully I can join you in your excitement in a few days!
-Jesse

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#63re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/28/05 at 12:15pm

RAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

MissRyahCMU
#64re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/28/05 at 2:40pm

Thank you Jesse! I think you should check online ANYWAY, even if it's scary or nervewracking because the decision has been made and there's no changing it now-- you're either in or you aren't so you may as well check, ya know? Haha that was MY logic at least, when I checked. Plus I wanna know if Im gonna know ANOTHER person from this post going to CMU, cuz there's already 2 of us!!!

OH, and HIIIIII BRANDON. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

LariTheLoud Profile Photo
LariTheLoud
#65re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:32pm

I don't post on these boards often, but I got into CMU, and so did my best friend. I don't know if I'm going yet... I'm still waiting on one more letter. :)

But WOW, I'm happy.

"Oh, good. After all, I can rub my stomach and pat my head at the same time, and I can do it with my eyes closed while whistling 'The Entertainer.' That's rhythm for you." ~ Snaps, proving that White Boys CAN have rhythm
Updated On: 3/28/05 at 03:32 PM

superwoman108
#66re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/28/05 at 4:08pm

Who are you waiting on hearing from? CMU is your 2nd choice, i take it?

I am currently a student here (going into my junior year)....you will all love it when you get here; it's an amazing environment!

jesseeinstein
#67re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/28/05 at 6:33pm

superwoman, what major are you? Do you have aim? pm me!

secret-soul Profile Photo
secret-soul
#68re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/28/05 at 7:08pm

oh man, i remember all this insanity. I was going through the same thing two years ago...only not CMU. I applied to 9 schools (Emerson, Boston U, NYU (cas), FSU, UCF, FCLC, DePaul, Northwestern and UArts) and I got into all of them except Northwestern and CAS at NYU. I originally didn't get into DePaul (they only accept up to 4 stage managers/year) but someone pulled out and i got accepted in May. But I already had my heart set on FCLC...

Plince! Plince! Nein! T-Rex!!

boreddentalstudent Profile Photo
boreddentalstudent
#69re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/28/05 at 9:30pm

i applied to CMU for MT and still haven't heard anything... makes me a bit nervous. guess they don't care that they're given me ulcers and i have no nails left!!! oh well, there's always dentistry.

FYI, this is my first official BWW message post. i've been reading the boards for a long time and finally decided to give my 2 cents.

"Sometimes bad things happen to good people and sometimes bad things happen to you."
Updated On: 3/28/05 at 09:30 PM

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#70re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:00pm

you can find out if you were accepted on line?? I'm confused lol but, good luck to all!! I heard CMU usually starts off with like 12 Musical Theater kids and by senior year they have like maybe 6 is this true?

PJ
#71re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:07pm

Yeah, three days after they send out your letter, they post their decision under your account number on their website.

briarbrad
#72re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:23pm

Amneris--

No, I don't believe that is true. CMU, as did most drama schools, used to use a cut system, whereby they would admit more students into their freshman drama classes than they planned on graduating. This does not seem to be the case anymore. However, I do believe that CMU will ask someone to leave after repeated warnings and a probationary period if the faculty feels that they are not progressing and taking full advantage of what the School of Drama has to offer. So basically, noone is cut as long as they do the work. Hope that helps.

superwoman108
#73re: Carnegie Mellon Acceptance Tips
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:02pm

briarbud is mostly right. We don't officially have a cut system, but the work is extremely rigorous, and you can easily be "asked to leave" if the facutly does not feel like you are doing adequate work/pulling your weight. The bihggest reason the class of Musical Theatre students tends to dwindle by senior year is because some of them just decide to leave (to pursue professional opportunities) or take a year off/go abroad. This happens at ALL schools (ppl. leaving for various reasons), it is just so pronounced/obvious in the school of drama here because there are SO few of us to begin with.

MissRyahCMU
#74CMU
Posted: 3/29/05 at 1:34am

I received my letter on Tuesday--- yayyy Updated On: 3/30/05 at 01:34 AM

Videos