pixeltracker

images from the set of RENT- Page 3

images from the set of RENT

Em-LEE
#50re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 3:38pm

You did NOT just compare these pictures to a credit card number......

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#51re: images from the set of RENT

Actually it's not. Would you like us to pay you? You put a picture out there on the internet, it gets taken. There's nothing you can do. You're not a proffesional photographer, and I thought that the original poster was quite nice.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#52re: images from the set of RENT

I think we do get it. The internet is a huge conglomerate of chaos - stuff is *going* to end up in places - you're naive to think they're going to remain protected, especially when it's something that so many people have a vested interest in.

Don't generalize about who gets what. I don't owe an explanation, but just don't.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#53re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 3:39pm

We're not invalids, we clearly understand the weak point you are trying to argue. When something is online - a picture, a quote, a song, a video - WHATEVER - you put it there knowing very well that people will see it and use it how they wish. Clearly, you don't understand that. If you cared so much about your beloved pictures being copied and pasted into other places, you should have put a lock on them - it's very doable, so obviously it's not that important to you and you're just being dramatic. Get over it.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#54re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 3:42pm

Hiya, Pam. You posted these pictures on a LIVEJOURNAL COMMUNITY. Basically the equivalent of a MESSAGE BOARD. Are you getting this? You shared your photos with the internet...if you're not comfortable with it, then that's your goddamn problem, you shouldn't have posted them in the first place if you're going to act like such a baby. If anyone's being disrespectful to anyone else, it's you. Oh, and Adam and Idina look THRILLED in that picture...talk about having respect for people, I doubt they actually wanted to pose for that picture. I wouldn't jump on other people here if I were you.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#55re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 3:43pm

AH MAH GAD it is so beautiful!!!

i heard a rumor that it comes out Nov 11th...is that true?

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#56re: images from the set of RENT

"And because there are so many that don't, you WON'T be seeing any of my pictures in the future."

Well, according to you we aren't supposed to see them in the first place. So what, are you going to go back to the set everyday and take random pictures of the cast? Great way to spend your time.

Also, putting things on the internet is fair game. I tried to be nice in my previous post, but that isn't getting through to you. I post my thoughts about things. People could quote what I say and I have no control over it. Thats the risk I, and everyone else, takes when partaking in a public forum. People who don't realize this aren't in touch with reality.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

luvtheEmcee
#57re: images from the set of RENT

Aren't they on CB, too? That's not equivalent to a board, it IS one. Of course they were going to end up here - there's a lot of crossover.

pamc88
#58re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 3:46pm

Maybe you all should actually READ what I wrote before you respond. No, it's not at ALL about getting credit, however, the photos were taken from a livejournal, so the person did have more information than the person just being "a fan."

And I'll say it one last time. It's about being courteous and respectful to people! Just because I'm not a professional photographer doesn't mean my photos should be considered "fair game." Just have the respect to ask someone before you post other people's pictures somewhere. But for those of you that think this is ok, it just shows that you DON'T have repect for other people. Plain & simple.

alli2
#59re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 3:46pm

Here are some of my pictures from the set. The first three in the album are from Wednesday, and the rest are from yesterday (Thursday). Enjoy!

http://photos.yahoo.com/langfrosh04

they're under 'Rent- the movie'

luvtheEmcee
#60re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 3:47pm

So somebody should have posted your name, and that you took them? Would that've helped?

Thanks, alli. re: images from the set of RENT

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#61re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 3:49pm

Pam:

Shut the hell up - WE GET WHAT YOU'RE SAYING! It just doesn't make sense!!!! Anything posted online - whether it's buy a fan, student, or a big coportation - IT IS FAIR GAME. Things get copied and pasted and used for logos or whatever. It happens. Get over it.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#62re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 3:50pm

And I'll say this one more time: People who don't realize that putting things on the internet is virtually (no pun intended) asking for people to take it/quote it/share it, then they aren't in touch with reality. Plain & Simple.

Thanks, alli2.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

StateOfJade
#63re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 3:51pm

Pam, why don't you be respectful and not bother actors to take a picture just so you can post them online and then get mad when people share them? =)

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

boatsintheghetto
#64re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 3:56pm

oo wow, battle of the fans!!! exciting, let me get some popcorn

Em-LEE
#65re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 3:58pm

Thanks for the link, alli2!

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#66re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 4:03pm

1. Not to place any burden on "rentmovie", but surely you have absolutely no grounds to attack anyone else who has posted here aside from the person who allegedly had no right to take the photos from the LJ. Couldn't this discussion have been done in private?

2. For a show that brings soooo many people together, it also seems to create and equal, if not greater, amount of drama, which is one of the main reasons that I have personally distanced myself from this show and it's fans.

Right now, the only person creating drama is YOU. If you're truly the Rent fan you try to portray yourself to be, you should be happy that these photos have gained such positive - some, even glowing - responses and reactions from other fans. Wasn't that the intent? Also, the proper phrase is "from this show and its fans". Not "it's" fans. If you're going to admonish people left and right, at least give yourself some credibility by using proper grammar.

3. I can understand your point about common courtesy. And to an extent, you're right. But I think seeing as you haven't given "rentmovie" time to respond, you and your girlfriend could have conducted yourselves more respectfully and nicely mention that you wish you'd been notified first. Until we hear from him/her, you're making a lot of insinuations about his/her and other Rent fans' characters that you have no grounds for (yet). I'm quite sure "rentmovie"'s intent was to generate discussion and excitement about this movie. Don't try to pretend like it's more than it was.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Updated On: 3/11/05 at 04:03 PM

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#67re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 4:03pm

Pam, honey, please don't get personal and tell us that we don't understand common courtesy. I hold doors, I let other cars in when I merge onto the highway. I'm courteous. If those pictures are really special to you, and you only want certain people seeing them (which makes no sense seeing as they are on an LJ community), then don't post them at all and just email them to your friends. This is the internet, not a bulletin board at school. Don't put it out there if you don't want it seen or used.

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

boatsintheghetto
#68re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 4:05pm

crunch crunch crunch

still wondering...can someone tell me if this is true?

Rent coming out Nov 11th?

StateOfJade
#69re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 4:07pm

Actually, Boatsinghetto, the whole thing is actually a hoax. There isn't going to be a movie.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#70re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 4:09pm

shhhhhhh! Jade, thats supposed to be a secret!

StateOfJade
#71re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 4:11pm

Oh well, they'd find out sooner or later. =)

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#72re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 4:16pm

I know but its a COMMON COURTESY to ask me first before giving ou this information. :)

luvtheEmcee
#73re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 4:19pm

*gasp!*

you mean... last night.... it was FAKE?! But but but.... Angel was there!

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#74re: images from the set of RENT
Posted: 3/11/05 at 4:21pm

Did she say "Turn around girlfriend and listen to that boys song"?

Videos