Britney on Broadway...

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#50re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:44pm

As much as people are saying they think its horrible that Britney might take her bow on Broadway...but I think its pretty smart. Although you may not like Britney herself or the idea of her on Broadway I am sure that those of you who live in NYC or could get there WOULD see it just to see it...and then *think* about how much revenue it would bring to the show..they wouldnt have to have these special deals to meet Christina or anything to boost ticket sales...I love it! I hope that it happens! I will BE THERE!! lol

peach
#51re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:44pm

I posted this in the other thread on the same topic (didn't see this one), so I'll join the discussion here.

Yuck.

"I'm the bravest individual I have ever me...yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah..." (a la Ooops I did it again...)

K-Fed would play Nicky, I presume? =)

Cringe cringe. While as Rath pointed out, the dancing would be no problem, the singing would be irritating to no end.

YessicaB
#52re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:45pm

I am so disappointed right now. How could they ever even consider letting Mrs. Spears set foot on a Broadway stage...
I truly hope they will not follow through with this horrendous plan.

SorryGrateful
#53re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:46pm

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I mean, seriously, God forbid they put anyone with actual talent on the stage. Sure, I own In the Zone and I like it, but Broadway-caliber it's not.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#54re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:47pm

Maybe Marni Nixon could just pre-record the songs for her.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#55re: Britney on Broadway...

"Does she know she'll have to perform 8 shows a week? "

does she know that she has to SING?

today4u:proofpositiv
#56re: Britney on Broadway...

ew.... that's just so....so....wrong

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#57re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:48pm

Hehe. Does she know she can't chew gum either?

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#58re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:49pm

I'd say, if you're going to go this route, bring in Madonna or Janet Jackson. They are age-appropriate.

". . . POP . . ."

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#59re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:51pm

well i'd say if they have to bring in celebrities to sell the show then maybe it should close. Lets bring back AIDA :)

peach
#60re: Britney on Broadway...

Hanna from hamburg - Madonna would probably be pretty good, actually. But she'd have to replace that...errrm...."English" accent with a New York one!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#61re: Britney on Broadway...

Too bad Megan Mullally is busy.

But wait - Charlotte D'amboise and Karen Ziemba are both around...hmmm....

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#62re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:52pm

oh i'd see megan mullally, i love her

peach
#63re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:54pm

I saw Charlotte in the tryout (post Christina'sbroken-foot-saga). She was fantastic. You can tell she is a trained dancer through and through. Can't we just bring Charlotte back!?

EDIT: Megan Mullally would be fab too.
Updated On: 11/18/05 at 04:54 PM

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#64re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:54pm

they should, shes fabulous

Dollypop
#65re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:57pm

Heaven forfend!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#66re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:57pm

Thing is, Madonna would probably NEVER agree to be someone's replacement. I think she would be good, too, she would just never agree to it.

As far as Charlotte is concerned, the Weisslers already know Charlotte can't sell tickets for this show, hence their reason for cancelling the Broadway run when Christina broke her foot. They obviously need a high-profile performer.

". . . POP . . ."

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#67re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:58pm

Wow. So this REALLLY was true.

This was the big announcement. It's not offical yet.

But my BIGGEST problem with this would be, Britney is ONLY in her 20's. This was written for Verdon in her 40's. The character should have some years on her.

And these are simple pop tunes, for the broadway genre they are fairly easy songs to sing, but Britney would need work.

And lets not forget, when Britney was a teen she was starting to get into the NYC Theatre scene, but than she got her big break.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#68re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:01pm

I was a Ruthless! junkie, and did see Britney sub for Laura Bundy, when Bundy was off filming a movie. And (gulp)...Britney was good. Of course, she was 10 at the time, but she handled a huge role very well.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
Updated On: 11/18/05 at 05:01 PM

peach
#69re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:02pm

If this goes through - perhaps Ms. Britney will surprise us and do well. ljay's right - the songs are really not that difficult, but Britney would need some work to get that whine out of her voice. Plus - no remixing on a live stage kids!

And yes, it would indeed sell tickets for the Weisslers. The popgrrl types will see it to see Ms. Britney. And we theatre geeks will see it out of sheer curiosity (if we can even get tickets...)

I will give Britney credit for the fact that she can, indeed dance. And I do adore that Toxic tune...

Updated On: 11/18/05 at 05:02 PM

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#70re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:04pm

Ugh, the whole thing is going to be a circus.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#71re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:05pm

I have no doubt she could be coached to do a good job. It's obviously in her - I saw Bundy in RUTHLESS and it was a huge, demanding role - and she was 12 at the time. I was very surprised to hear that Britney (or anyone) had played it at 10.

The major problem here is that she is TOO DAMN YOUNG.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#72re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:06pm

If this does happen, this will be without a doubt the BIGGEST Weissler stunt cast in their history. They will be paying through the ass for this.

And maybe those rumors of moving to the Hilton are true now.. if they can get Britney.

Part of me wants to give her the benefit of the doubt, but the age thing keeps turning me off.

peach
#73re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:07pm

Actually, if Britney is going to Broadway, I think Maureen in RENT is the better role for her. That I could see. I can't picture the Britney/Charity. But who knows? Could be good. If it happens, I'm a sucker. I'll bet my peachfuzz I'll probably try to see it.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#74re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:07pm

PEOPLE! The Weissler's don't care about age, they care about their pocket books. Same people that cast Debbie Boone as Rizzo and Melanie Griffith as Roxie Hart! They only care about ticket sales.

Videos