pixeltracker

TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!- Page 3

TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#50re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 12:55pm

You guys must be watching a different show than me. So far I've only enjoyed one episode this season (Sound of Music sing-along) and found Taye to be gorgeous but unbelievably flat.

I'm glad this show can ride off into the sunset with at least a shread of dignity intact. I'll be buying the first few seasons on DVD, but certainly not the last.

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

keggss23 Profile Photo
keggss23
#51re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 1:05pm

Thanks Kitz - I was starting to think I was the only one. I used to looove W&G, but it went downhill - fast.

"When you're a Jet, / You're a Jet all the way, / From your first pirouette / To your last grand jete." --Brian Kaman

pab Profile Photo
pab
#52re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 1:07pm

"I'm glad this show can ride off into the sunset with at least a shread of dignity intact."

Um . . . . I think that ship has sailed.

I agree with you the series should have ended a few seasons ago.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#53re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 1:08pm

For me, the past 3 seasons or so have been disappointing at best, but this one has been at or close to the level of the first few seasons. The addition of Taye Diggs and that story line has been a boost IMO.

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys
Updated On: 2/10/06 at 01:08 PM

keggss23 Profile Photo
keggss23
#54re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 1:10pm

I think they began to rely too much on celebrity guest stars. A few every once in awhile would have been fine, but I think they went a little overboard.

"When you're a Jet, / You're a Jet all the way, / From your first pirouette / To your last grand jete." --Brian Kaman

Peter
#55re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 2:06pm

A friend of mine went to a recent taping...

SPOILERS

Will and Taye break up! Grace is pregnant with Harry Connick Jrs baby, and goes to tell him, but decides against it when she finds him involved with someone else. Now it sounds like Will and Grace will remain together and bring up the baby themselves. I also thought Taye was flat in the role. Btw...Im going to next weeks taping.

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#56re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 3:56pm

Seems to me they're reaching for any shred of material they can find to give the show some life. I certainly think it wasn't as good after Grace moved out of Will's apartment.

Still, I love having Taye on the show. :)

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#57re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 8:20pm

Anyone watching?

This is hilarious so far.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

YankeeGal#24
#58re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 8:21pm

I'm watching too--and YES HILARIOUS!! (and Taye is soooo HOT!!!)

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#59re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 9:26pm

You really thought they were finally going to be happy our Will and Grace. But, alas it ended badly. I was hoping the show would end with Will, Grace and Jack each meeting their soulmate. I wanted Taye to be the perfect man for Will.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

i*heart*fame
#60re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 9:28pm

I couldn't watch it because I'm busy writing my English Term Paper due tomorrow.

What happened!?!

"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards

#61re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 9:51pm

i just can't buy Taye as a gay man...except for the pink sweater...other than that..uh uh..i LOVE Taye Diggs though!

i was telling a friend..i think they should end the series with Will and Grace waking up as a married couple...and she says "i just had the strangest dream that you were a gay man!!" and then karen walks in in her matching velour sweatsuit and baby stroller and jack comes in in a $3,000 Armani suit getting ready for another day as a successful wall street broker!! like the ending of Wizard of Oz...Grace would say "and you were there, and you and you...!" LOL! it would be soo funny!!
or am i on too many drugs??

YankeeGal#24
#62re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 9:52pm

OMG andrew!! Love that, drugs or not!

Broadwayluva Profile Photo
Broadwayluva
#63re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 10:01pm

wow, all kidding aside andrew, i really enjoyed that!

#64re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 10:15pm

Great idea Andrew! Very creative and clever. They should hire you.

#65re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 10:30pm

thank you!! =) my friend and i had a good laugh over it!
didn't some other classic TV show end in a dream like that? i can't think of what it was...

i*heart*fame
#66re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 10:31pm

What happened tonight?

"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards

#67re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 10:34pm

i heart..if you go back on page two i think someone did a little synopsis...
i am too tired to type it all..

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#68re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 10:34pm

Grace went to tell Leo she was pregnant, (and was hopeful about getting back together with him) but before she could do so, he revealed that he's getting re-married. So she decided not to tell him at this time, but said she will tell him.

Will found out that...um..Taye Diggs is a total douche (very Jack-like, actually). He and Jack pushed a crippled nurse out of the way to get her taxi (this was not shown, just told by the characters), and he later told Will that he dumped his boyfriend after a ski accident left him paraplegic. So Grace signed annullment papers, and poor Taye Diggs is gonna have to go back to Canada.

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#69re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 10:48pm

I remember that Roseanne ended with her imagining the entire last season and it was all in her writing. Sort of like a dream.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

YankeeGal#24
#70re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 10:49pm

One season, "Dallas" ended where the whole season was a dream too.

#71re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/16/06 at 11:01pm

so i am not completely original..but i would give anything to see Karen dressed up as a housewife! LOL!

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#72re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/17/06 at 12:35am

That sounds like the worst ending ever. I'm glad I missed it.

yr ronin,
joey

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#73re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/17/06 at 4:00am

Roninjoey, it was worse than what you imagined.

This was the writers' last shot at giving Will a serious boyfriend - something that Eric McCormack has stated that he's wanted for the last few seasons. And now when there's the possibility of him ending the series with a decent guy, they give him a total about-face and turn him into a selfish cad??

If this is all supposed to be a set-up so Will and Jack end up together, I'm going to blow chunks.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#74re: TAYE DIGGS BACK ON WILL AND GRACE!!!!
Posted: 3/17/06 at 7:59am

NEWHART ended with Bob waking up next to Suzanne Pleshette (who was in the Bob Newhart Show) and saying that he had the weirdest dream that he owned an Inn in Vermont.

Also, when St. Elsewhere ended, we learn that the entire series was in the mind of an autistic boy who had a snowglobe of a hospital in it.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Videos