pixeltracker

Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie- Page 3

Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#50re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 2:27pm

I thought the same thing. She looks JUST like Jessica...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

cudramacat
#51re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 2:38pm

Yeah, she does look a lot like Jessica here. I am pretty torn on how I feel about her doing this but good or bad, I'm just glad that it is Ashlee and not Jessica. That would be bad.

"Life has been your art. You have set yourself to music. Your days are your sonnets." -Oscar Wilde

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#52re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 2:53pm

I feel like Ashlee has some substance to her, whereas Jessica has none.

Obviously, it's just what I perceive from what I see of them.

I think Ashlee will probably be horrendous in the show. Let's hope she comes to Bway!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Broadway Baby4 Profile Photo
Broadway Baby4
#53re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 7:35pm

omg you guys are right- she looks identical to jessica in that picture

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#54re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 7:39pm

I wonder how Jessica feels being the sister with the "bad" nose now.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#55re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 8:49pm

I actually think she looks trashy in these pictures
Liza, I've always thought of Roxie as a kind of trashy character.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

Funny Face Profile Photo
Funny Face
#56re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 9:05pm

She looks like every other slightly pretty blonde girl that can be found at any American mall now. Everytime I see a picture of her I have to do a double take to see who it is.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#57re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 9:14pm

The only thing I liked about her before was her nose. It's really too bad she changed it, and it does make her look totally like Jessica.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

The Stars R Aligned
#58re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 9:45pm

that dosnt look like Ashlee
it looks more like JEssica

"Let me see some smiles... Not that phony 'sell-smile.' I want to see that 'I-love-to-dance-smile.'"-Larry, A Chorus Line My bumper sticker in 2100-DISCO STILL CONFUSES ME!!!! Oh by the way, Mr. Green called, he said "Get a CLUE!" Megan-And what about that wierd purple thing on happy meals Me-Grimmace or whatever the heck his name is. Megan-Yeah Me-What is he supposed to be anyways? Megan- I dont know I always thought he was Ronald McDonald's big stupid purple pet or the Hamburgler's hairball

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#59re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 12:20am

I'm not really a fan of Ashlee but, everyone needs to get over her lip syncing, it happeed almost two years ago. I really don't know if her voice can do 8 shows a week because she is not trained.With her acid-reflex, I think her voice is going to be screwed up by the end of her SMALL six-week engagment. The reason she has to lip-sync on SNL was because her voice really was going out(sadly I stumbled upon that Ashlee Simpson Show episode).I knew that she was not faking because my friend's voice did that when she over-practiced her solo and she has acid-reflex.

Updated On: 9/17/06 at 12:20 AM

idigmusic37 Profile Photo
idigmusic37
#60re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 1:22am

I don't really think the acid reflux thing is a legit excuse for that- I know plenty of singers who have it and they take responsibility for it, because there are preventative things you can do to stop it from damaging your voice.
But, I think this will give her a chance to either redeem herself completely or really screw it up. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#61re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 1:24am

"I don't really think the acid reflux thing is a legit excuse for that- I know plenty of singers who have it and they take responsibility for it, because there are preventative things you can do to stop it from damaging your voice. "

She's a pop singer.She is not going to have the training Broadway performers have.

kootness Profile Photo
kootness
#62re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 1:38am

Where the hell can I get the number of this girl's plastic surgeon? Seriously. I am amazed. Instead of wasting her time pretending to be a singer she should have a one woman show involving nose tricks. Or become a nose model...maybe in nasal spray and nose ring ads. P.S. i want papa Joe Simpson to buy me a nose like hers. End of obsessive nose rave.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#63re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 10:38am

A couple of before pictures.

re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie

ZONEACE
#64re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 10:42am

did she get like free tits with the nose job?

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#65re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 8:58pm

re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie^

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#66re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 8:58pm

re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie^

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#67re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 9:04pm

Her boobs, Christ.

I find them more remarkable than her nose.

They are really trying to style her like the other YOUNG Westend Roxie, Jennifer Ellison, is that her name? And she's styled a bit like Denise Van Outen as well.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#68re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 9:05pm

I know well-trained Broadway performers who have reflux, and sometimes they can't sing through it. It is legitimate.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

EganFan2
#69re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 9:17pm

She looks just like her sister. She looks a lot better than she used to, too.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#70re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 9:25pm

Wow, it's a little scary how identical she now looks to Jessica, especially in that first pic. I kind of miss her old look...it's the face I thought of when I first heard about her Chicago engagement, so this was a bit of a shock.

Gotta agree with everyone else, though...she looks pretty damn hot in those pictures. I almost like this one better than the over-the-shoulder shot:

Although the whole affair makes me roll my eyes, I think the backlash to the announcement was a little harsh...as someone said in one of the original threads about her, stunt casting is not going to go away so there's no use wishing a cast member ill--if you love musical theatre, you'll hope that the celebrity will only bring good things to the art form and reserve judgement until they're actually on stage. I know it's shallow to base any hopes on these photos, but I'm a little more confident and I do hope she does a great job.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

OxfordsLeadingMan
#71re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 9:30pm

I Really Am Opposed To Her In This Role, As In Any Musical Role, But She Really Does Look Good

Elphie Profile Photo
Elphie
#72re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 11:44pm

Hey anyone could look that hot with the right plastic surgery. Shes so fake, its gross.

"They hear drums. We hear music."

ZONEACE
#73re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 11:49pm

"I Really Am Opposed To Her In This Role, As In Any Musical Role, But She Really Does Look Good"

Ok, I gotta ask, why capitalize the first letter of every word?

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

kootness Profile Photo
kootness
#74re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/17/06 at 11:53pm

I was wondering the same thing. I understand capitalizing in a pattern like tHis 'cause is obviously adorable but I've never seen just the first letters done...

Videos