pixeltracker

DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com- Page 3

DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#50re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 12:27pm

I completely agree with you Jerby

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

algy Profile Photo
algy
#51re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 1:15pm

When I finally found it, I liked it. Now if only we don't have to wait to long to get it in the UK.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#52re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 1:21pm

Will the page not load for anyone else? I'm dying to see it!

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#53re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 1:28pm

ARGH! I don't have Flash at work, so I can't get it to play!!! Is there another site besides MTV or BET?

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#54re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 3:22pm

ICEcreamAssassin, Effie's version of ONO is deffinetly in the movie. If you look at one of the "Making Of" featurettes on the website, there's a brief clip of Hudson singing it..

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Byron72689
#55re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 6:18pm

Jennifer isnt on cuz they want the big 3 names to pull people in. However, when they leave the theater..they all will be screamin JHud. Its marketing guys...nothing new

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#56re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 10:26pm

That mtv site has such a small screen. Try this one:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/dreamgirls/trailer2/

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#57re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 10:29pm

You guys are getting worked up over nothing. At the end of the movie they have a visual curtain call of the whole cast and right after a very pronounced drum roll on screen appears the billing: and Introducing Jennifer Hudson.

Relax People.

ICEcreamAssassin Profile Photo
ICEcreamAssassin
#58re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 10:38pm

Thanks! SomethingWicked.. I was freaking out over nothin!!

bwayondabrain
#59re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/20/06 at 6:08am

i just watched this on the forbidden site- it looks incredible! im suprised, but Beyonce looks very good, and as does Jennifer (no suprise there!). i cannot wait for this movie!!!!!

ICEcreamAssassin Profile Photo
ICEcreamAssassin
#60re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/20/06 at 6:09am

its up in quicktime.. looks beautiful

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#61re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/20/06 at 3:31pm

In regards to all the edits, there are about 170 edits in the trailer!!!

OtherDaryl Profile Photo
OtherDaryl
#62re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/22/06 at 11:21am

Take a look at the various clips at the Dreamworks site - behind the scenes and making of stuff. Jennifer Hudson gets plenty of respect. It's her first movie - her billing is appropriate.

If Tatum O'Neill can win a supporting Oscar for Paper Moon, or George Clooney in Syriana, or Geena Davis in The Accidental Tourist, the logic follows for Effie White to be a supporting character. If Nicole Kidman can win a lead Oscar for The Hours, the actual size of the role has less to do with categorizing performances than the name attached.

This looks spectacular.

"Love Life. Live." Michael Bennett

jwsel
#63re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/22/06 at 4:02pm

The Dreamgirls website only has a few things on it right now, but if you go to "Deena Jones" link under "Players" (the only one that is currently active), you can hear all of Deena's new song, Listen. I listened to it several times and it sounds great -- and I normally hate Beyonce.
Updated On: 10/23/06 at 04:02 PM

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#64re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/22/06 at 4:15pm

Marquise, have you seen the movie yet?

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

SweMozArt
#65re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/22/06 at 4:32pm

I think this movie has great commercial prospects. Citation from a site near you.

"Beyonce bytch work that shyt. I am coming to see this movie just because of your fine azz".

Videos