pixeltracker

DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com

DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#0DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 9:59pm

http://www.mtv.com/

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#1re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:04pm

looks good!

ICEcreamAssassin Profile Photo
ICEcreamAssassin
#2re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:06pm

Great Great Trailer!!!! I can't wait!

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#3re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:08pm

LOVE IT!

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#4re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:12pm

I *HATE* that they used AIATY for the trailer. I've been avoiding it for SO LONG and then they use it in the promos. SH*T!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

broadwayguy2
#5re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:13pm

*wets self* I can NOT wait.

maybethistime
#6re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:15pm

Sounds like they still have that god awful orchestration under "AIATY"...

Otherwise SO EXCITED! Looks great!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#7re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:15pm

Just saw it on the website, and on mtv, the channel.

I love it. But I still think Hudson's name deserves to be on the trailer, though she gets to sing AIATY for half of it.
Updated On: 10/18/06 at 10:15 PM

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#8re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:20pm

looks like a gorgeous film

Yankeefan007
#10re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:24pm

Just saw it on during South Park....looks good.

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#11re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:27pm

Caught the trailer on TV Land and watched it again on-line. I can't wait for this movie!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#12re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com

I wouldn't judge any orchestrations or even interpreatations of songs.

Sometimes - no, MOST times - scores and songs are highly edited for trailers and promos. Even to the point where excerpts are recorded JUST for the trailer.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#13re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com

double post

--Aristotle
Updated On: 10/18/06 at 10:27 PM

Luckydave14
#14re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:33pm

Anyone know what movies this will be playing with this weekend? I'd love to see it on a big screen and see the audience reaction.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#15re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:37pm

flags of our fathers - I believe

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#16re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:37pm

I believe most of the majors that open on Friday....such as THE PRESTIGE...

--Aristotle

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#17re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:38pm

a modern movie musical classic.

this is what it's all about!

this looks amazing!

25 years was worth the wait!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#18re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 10:51pm

I watched it about 10+ times.

It looks quite beautiful. I am glad to see a musical really using the medium of film to it's benefit.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"
Updated On: 10/18/06 at 10:51 PM

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#19re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 11:02pm

Do you think marketers get nervous about showing actors singing to each other on screen in musical trailers?

Almost like they are afraid to call it a 'musical' for fear they might turn people away?

I think for dramatic musicals it is easy to cut a trailer that way -without showing the actual singing- but for musical comedys it might be harder to do so.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#20re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 11:03pm

I swear I get a brain seizure from watching trailers anymore. That new one had about 17,000 edits in it. Worse than the shower scene from "Psycho."

...But somewhere amongst this "flip book" of a sneak-peak... lies a really good film!

(...I think.)

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

benjaminthemusical Profile Photo
benjaminthemusical
#21re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 11:25pm

I can't find it,the one on MTV.com is the old one.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#22re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/18/06 at 11:29pm

i hope the film isn't heavily edited that way...

(...then again)

Plum
#23re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 12:13am

"And I Am Telling You" was really sliced up and I'm listening on dinky laptop speakers, so I'm going to suspend judgement on that. The movie still looks exceedingly pretty, and I guess some people need trailers to spoon-feed them plot points so they comprehend that this is a showbiz rise-and-fall story. This trailer is an okay example of that variety. Maybe a 6.5 out of 10. If it does show with The Prestige, I'll be sure to show up early. re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com

AberJ01 Profile Photo
AberJ01
#24re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 1:49am

I'm getting quite annoyed with Dreamgirls lately. Don't get me wrong I can't wait to see the movie, but they give Jennifer Hudson no respect. Ok, so Beyonce is in it. Who cares? Every track I've heard her sing from the movie so far is completely average at best. Jennifer Hudson's rendition of AIATY is superb, right up there with Holliday's verison in my opinion. They can't even mention her name in the trailer? WHAT? Come on Dreamworks Pictures, WAKE UP. If it wasn't for the song playing a little on the trailer we wouldn't even know she was in the movie at all. They'll see, more people are going to the movie to see Jennifer's portrayal of Effie White then Beyonce's subpar acting/singing. There I said it. Now give Hudson her due. At least then she'll have some shots at some Supporting Actress awards.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#25re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 2:02am

art imitates life....
life imitates art...

SHOW-BIZ it's... just..... SHOW-BIZ.........

Videos