Xanadu Onstage Seating?

Broadwayboy2631 Profile Photo
Broadwayboy2631
#50re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/5/07 at 10:58pm

I would be pissed about the lack of student rush if it wasn't in such a small theatre.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#51re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:37pm

I have a question...

Do the seats that Jackie and Mary sit in during 'DONT WALK AWAY' when they're eating the popcorn change for every performance?

Lm4dham05
#52re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:39pm

nope, they in the first set of long rows when you first walk on stage....you know they sit there cause there is a piece of black tape on the seat....I sat in the next row on saturday and Jackie offered me some popcorn...
Updated On: 8/27/07 at 03:39 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS
#53re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:42pm

At every show?
Because on the BroadwayWorld.com preview video, they're sitting in a totally different spot than I remember.

Lm4dham05
#54re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:43pm

the sat in the exact same place that both times i've seen it....and the props are already at the seats so...yeah

btw...love the avatar..i worked on that film...the script is great

broadwayjim42
#55re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/28/07 at 12:08am

L4...were you at the afternoon or evening show?

WiCkEDrOcKS
#56re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/28/07 at 12:14am

Thanks! Yeah, I read the book...it was incredible. I can't wait for the movie

Lm4dham052 Profile Photo
Lm4dham052
#57re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/28/07 at 9:42am

I was at the evening show on saturday....I was next to the gentleman (a good friend of mine) how Mary Testa grabbed...it was delightfully funny...and he couldn't stop laughing...

"I used to want to change the world, now i just want to leave the room with a little bit of dignity"

broadwayjim42
#58re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/28/07 at 10:04am

I was stage left, sitting with an usher, with a young couple in front of me. Your friend's grabbing a big handful of popcorn and Mary's reaction to it was one of the show's highlights for me.

Lm4dham05
#59re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/28/07 at 10:23am

That wasn't us...there was an old couple sitting with Mary and Jackie...we were behind...Jackie offered me the stale popcorn

broadwayjim42
#60re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/28/07 at 10:29am

(hugely embarrassed) ok...that's where I sat the first time I saw it. Were there four or five of you?

Lm4dham05
#61re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/28/07 at 10:32am

I was there with 2 of my friends, but there were like 7 of us in the row

Fiyero13
#62re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/28/07 at 12:38pm

going to see it this saturday, i'm pretty excited

broadwayjim42
#63re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 8/28/07 at 1:38pm

Now I remember the grabbing, L4! I swear my brain is not working on all cylinders today....

brightredday Profile Photo
brightredday
#64re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 1/26/08 at 6:18pm

Hi all, I'm bumping this up with another random onstage question for those in the know. I have been told you can't bring much with you for onstage seats...does the Helen Hayes have a coat check or something if I had to have, say, a backpack along on the day of the show? Or does my weekend luggage doom me to miss out on the onstage experience?

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#65re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 1/26/08 at 9:45pm

I would love to order an onstage seat, but Telecharge is only selling Xanadu tickets, till May 2008.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to see "Xanadu" in June. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#66re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 1/26/08 at 10:33pm

I wouldn't advise you to bring much, but if you do have a backpack, and an on-stage ticket, I'm sure the ushers will figure something out. They have these black duffle bags under the seats. They expect you to put everything you have in those bags. Coats may be folded up and placed under the seats behind the black bags.

Here is the guideline for on-stage seats from Telecharge:

Please be aware that the use of any recording devices, phones, cameras or computers is strictly prohibited by law!
On-stage seating offers a rear-view of the performance, with the action of the show taking place right in front of you. Please note that some aspects of the action may be obstructed. You must arrive at the theatre early enough to be seated before the performance begins or you will forfeit your on-stage seat. There is NO LATE SEATING for on-stage ticket holders. If you arrive late, you will only be seated at the discretion of management, if there are available seats. Since there is no standing room at the Helen Hayes Theatre, if there are no seats available, you will forfeit your seat and can only return to another performance if you purchase a new ticket. All personal items must be placed in the small ( 18 x 18 x 18 ) designated space beneath your seat prior to the startof the performance in order to keep the on-stage seating area and pathways clear. For artistic reasons, you will not receive the complimentary Playbill until the END of the performance. Because you are on-stage with the performers, absolutely NO electronic equipment, cell-phones, cameras, pagers, or PDAs will be allowed in your possession while you are seated. They must be turned off and stowed beneath your seat and you cannot access them until the performance is over and the house lights are on. No exceptions. Patrons must be at least 10 years old.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#67re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 3:35am

How many onstage seats are there?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#68re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 9:21am

27 or 28, I believe

brightredday
#69re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 1/28/08 at 8:43pm

Thanks for the info, Very! If there are bags to put stuff in, I should be able to work something out.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#70re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 1/28/08 at 8:50pm

Just to warn you the bags are on the small side.

kate2
#71re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 1/29/08 at 12:08am

As long as your stuff fits under the seat, the ushers wont give you a hard time.

Linder Profile Photo
Linder
#72re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 1/29/08 at 9:27am

The Hayes no longer has a coat check. If you are bringing large items with you to the show (i.e. luggage, large backpack), it would be best to check it at Sardi's next door - they are very accommodating.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#73re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:05am

There are 29 onstage seats and you are pretty limited as to how much stuff you can bring. (Think-less space than Spring Awakening onstage seats, where you get a locker.)

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

brightredday
#74re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
Posted: 1/29/08 at 7:10pm

Thanks for all the tips!

Videos