pixeltracker

Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW- Page 3

Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#50re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 3:47pm

got my ticket for the first preview

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#51re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 4:19pm

I will try to catch the out of town try-out in Seattle :P

travtrev2 Profile Photo
travtrev2
#52re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 6:10pm

ahhhh! thank god i happened to check the message boards today! got my tickets! row B, right orch. only $120!

why was there no mention of this presale anywhere? it says presale ends july 27th at midnight, does that mean general tickets don't go on sale until the 28th?

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#53re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 6:16pm

I think EVERYONE was surprised by this.
I had no intention of buying tickets for YF since I didn't want to pay outrageous prices for mediocre seats. Fortunately I got great seats at a reasonable price. Thanks again to YankeeFan for being observant.

I hoped that LimeLightMike snagged the Row CC 1-3 seats!
Updated On: 7/11/07 at 06:16 PM

Yankeefan007
#54re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 6:20pm

From what I heard, Ticketmaster had such a demand for presale that they actually struggled to get a block of tickets. They secured them yesterday, their email blasts don't go out until Thursday, and they had about 5 minutes to get it all set up by this morning.

Tickets go on sale to the general public on July 28. The box office opens on September 10, so tickets won't be mailed out until then.
Updated On: 7/11/07 at 06:20 PM

worrell4077
#55re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 8:28pm

I'm hoping to get tickets soon. My mom has set a goal to get tickets for my birthday, but if we can't do that then we will try for my dad's birthday.

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#56re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 8:33pm

American Express has it in their e-mail newsletter that they send out, but they never send it out till Wednesday night. Apparently, they're also having some "By Invitation Only" event to be announced later.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#57re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 8:34pm

Anyone else keep getting offered Seat A9?

Too close, no? I figured I would go for the $120 to be this close.

Testing1232
#58re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 10:42pm

Just wondering if anyone bought tix for 10/31? ---- seems like it would be a lot of fun !!!

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#59re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 10:49pm

I got my ticket for Friday, December 28th....row J, center Orchestra. YAY!!!

jamessite
#60re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 10:56pm

Are all you buying single tickets? I called the theater and they said all seats had good views. I got for Jan 2, two seats for B 9 and 11.
Updated On: 7/12/07 at 10:56 PM

#61re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 10:59pm

Has anyone been offered orchestra row AA? I've seen people say they bought row BB, CC, A and B but no AA.

Could that be the $25 section?

Testing1232
#62re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/11/07 at 11:00pm

I was offered A for numerous dates... No AA

Luckydave14
#63re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/12/07 at 12:36am

What dates are everyone searching for and finding great seats? I can't find anything decent at all.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#64re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/12/07 at 7:48am

I'm getting this response -

We're sorry, we're unable to process your request. Please try again.

Yankeefan007
#65re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/12/07 at 7:50am

That generally means it's sold out.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#66re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/12/07 at 7:53am

" I called the theater and they said all seats had good views."

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, not laughing at you jamessite. I'm laughing at the response from the people at the Hilton. Have they even been inside their own theatre?

That place is a BARN. No, all seats do NOT have good views. I'm sure thre are some with great views...up towards the front in the center orchestra. But further back, on the sides, and especially in the "dress circle" and balcony you are FAR FAR away!! It's like "I think she's wearing blue...wait, that IS a girl, right?"

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Yankeefan007
#67re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/12/07 at 8:01am

The front rows of the balcony and mezzanine are good, as well. But just the front rows.

suttonfan2 Profile Photo
suttonfan2
#68re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/12/07 at 8:39am

Yankeefan,

Thanks!! Got tix!!!!
Also, how is Row C of the Dress Circle? Anyone? Better than Orchestra Row M, at the side?

p.s.
#69re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/12/07 at 8:48am

I was offered A for numerous dates... No AA

The front rows of the balcony and mezzanine are good, as well. But just the front rows.

I got Oct 16th Row A Center Balcony for $75 each (total $170.65 using the New Math).

p.s. I hope young Mr. Frankenstein is nicer than old Mr. Brooks.

pps: Balcony Row AA would be like Orchestra Row S for a very very tall person.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#70re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/12/07 at 9:51am

It's working again - switched browsers.....

SFFrontRow
#71re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/15/07 at 4:24pm

To All --

I jumped online at 2AM Pacific time to get details on general sale starting July 15th (today) - to my surprise I found they were already doing pre-sales for Amex card holders AND the general sales was pushed back to July 28th. I kind of sucks for those withoug the Amex card.

I have a Gold Card only to get in on pre-sales and preferred seating offers (got tired of being shut out of those options) and found the following:

(1) Gold Preferred seating started in Orch row W
(2) Standard Amex pre-sales started in Orch row CC side (no AA or BB was to be found)
(3) Everything was on the sides

Since I prefer up close and on side - I jumped at the CC ticket (and thankful it was still there). I find that side orch aisle seats are the best in just about any theater. You are looking slightly sideways and if you are on the aisle, NO ONE is in blocking your view.

I got row CC seat 6 for a Saturday evening performance during previews but I also had C 13 or A 10 pop up during my search. I saw Ragtime in that theater and I was row AA on far right - surprisingly there were no obstructions (other than odd perception of being right AT the stage). I also had row G or J on the middle of the left side for 42nd Street and the view was fine (mainly because I was a little further back and I had a child in front of me). I would assume row AA is being held for rush tickets and who knows about BB.

For what it is worth, I find that the Dress Circle and Balcony are too far back from the stage in this theater because it is such a BARN (what were they thinking?). My seating preferences usually go side orchestra and front loge in most theaters - but with this theater I nix the dress circle (nice name for front loge or front mezzanine).

I was lucky to see the Producers with Lane/Broderick and liked it but did not LOVE it like everyone else (the performances made the show for me). Can't wait to get to NYC and see this - the cast is too good for it to suck and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the movie.
Updated On: 7/15/07 at 04:24 PM

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#72re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/15/07 at 5:31pm

"Also, how is Row C of the Dress Circle? Anyone? Better than Orchestra Row M, at the side? "

Row M on the side is about 5-10 rows in front of Row C in the dress circle. The dress circle overhangs row T in the orch!

I got terrible seats for Dec 22nd but then again its the sat before christmas so I'm not surprised my seats are row M in the orch on the side. Oh well, I'm still excited!

Anyone know what rows the premium and premier seats on fri and sat entail?

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#73re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/15/07 at 5:44pm

I think that we can all agree that Ticketmaster is the absolute worst ticketing system out there.

For my YF tickets...and, I do this all the time when buying through TM......I pick a certain date, and open up 5 or 6 windows and search each of them at the same time. That way, I can pick what seats come up...and, at least you have a choice. That seems to work for me.

Telecharge's site is so much better. If you don't like the seat that is automatically selected, you can ask it again and another seat will come up. On TM, if you clear it out and try again, the same seat comes up....not good!

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#74re: Young Frankenstein on Amex Presale NOW
Posted: 7/15/07 at 5:45pm

From what I gather, Friday and Saturday "Premium" and "Premier" seats are located on the side of the Orchestra (far, far to the side) You'll be offered Row D, Seat 23 (if you're lucky), Row X, Y, or even Z, or something crazy like that. No Center Orchestra seats are offered. Updated On: 7/15/07 at 05:45 PM

Videos