pixeltracker

The Wedding Singer Tour Official Thread. Cast Announced.- Page 3

The Wedding Singer Tour Official Thread. Cast Announced.

Wickedfreak2
#50re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/4/07 at 12:06pm

I won't be able to see it either

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#51re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/4/07 at 1:55pm

why is in gainesville florida for such a long time and only do one show?

The Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
#52re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/4/07 at 4:48pm

Could it be that certain theaters will not book it because it's non-equity? Here it seems Cincy will not book a non-equity, but in Columbus they will. Both theaters are in the BAA group.

9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State

nydirector2
#53re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/4/07 at 8:09pm

It's because they're doing their tech rehearsals in Gainesville with the set, etc.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#54re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/4/07 at 9:41pm

But in Jacksonville it says the same thing-there for 5 does one show..hmm I wonder if Dad can get me into a tech rehersal.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#55re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/5/07 at 1:12am

The cast and crew also need some time off.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

sgv123
#56re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/5/07 at 2:32am

sorry to be a pain, but does anyone know what is wrong with ticketmaster, and wedding singer tickets for baltimore?

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#57re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/5/07 at 2:33am

I will see it in Spokane, WA : the hometown of Cheyenne Jackson!

sgv123
#58re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/5/07 at 10:37am

nevermind i got it.

WhenURScrap Profile Photo
WhenURScrap
#59re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/5/07 at 12:02pm

I do know that Erin Coors (graduate of Kent State University) plays Julia and Jason Samuel (Baldwin-Wallace College) plays Mr. T Impersonator.

James3386
#60re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/5/07 at 4:02pm

Nikka Wahl (Florida State) is playing Linda.

muscle23ftl
#61re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/5/07 at 10:09pm

I can't wait!!!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl
#62re: The Wedding Singer Tour News.
Posted: 8/5/07 at 10:11pm

I can't wait!!!

muscle23ftl
#63re: The Wedding Singer Tour
Posted: 8/8/07 at 11:20pm

The non-Equity national tour of the Broadway musical The Wedding Singer is currently scheduled to play nearly 30 cities around the country.

Playbill.com has learned that Paul Stancato will direct the tour based on the original Broadway direction by John Rando. The show's Broadway run ended in December 2006 at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre. For the new tour, Chris Bailey will provide choreography, which is based on Rob Ashford's Broadway work.

After a brief engagement in Gainesville, FL, the tour will officially open Sept. 4 in Birmingham, AL.

The cast will feature Merritt David Janes as Robbie Hart with Erin Elizabeth Coors as Julia Sullivan, the roles created on Broadway by, respectively, Stephen Lynch and Laura Benanti. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore played those roles in the film of the same name.

Janes and Coors will be joined onstage by Justin Jutras (Sammy), Penny Larsen (Rosie), John Jacob Lee (George), Sarah Peak (Holly), Mark Raumaker (Glen Guglia) and Nikka Wahl (Linda). The ensemble will comprise Joel Abels, Andrea Andert, Carrie Cimma, Kevin Faraci, Zach Frank, Susan Leilani Gearou, Kimberly Marable, Ciaran McCarthy, Rebecca Lynn Miller, Lindsay Moore, Matthew Ragas, Rebecca Riker, Jason Samuel, Marco Antonio Santiago and Neil Totton.

The creative team also includes John Mezzio (musical supervisor/coordinator/conductor), Scott Pask (scenic designer), Brian MacDevitt (lighting designer), Gregory Gale (costume designer) and Lucas J. Corrubia, Jr. (sound designer).

The Wedding Singer, which played an out-of-town tryout at Seattle's 5th Avenue Theatre, opened on Broadway April 27, 2006; previews began March 30. The show played 30 previews and 284 performances before closing Dec. 31, 2006. Composer Matthew Sklar and lyricist Chad Beguelin penned the score; the book was written by Beguelin and Tim Herlihy.

In The Wedding Singer "it's 1985 and rock-star wannabe Robbie Hart is New Jersey's favorite wedding singer," according to Broadway production notes. "He's the life of the party-until his own fiancée leaves him at the altar. Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding he plays as disastrous as his own. Enter Julia, a winsome waitress who wins his affection. Only trouble is Julia is about to be married to a Wall Street shark, and unless Robbie can pull off the performance of the decade, the girl of his dreams will be gone forever. With a brand new score that pays loving homage to the pop songs of the 1980s, The Wedding Singer takes us back to a time when hair was big, greed was good, collars were up, and a wedding singer just might be the coolest guy in the room."

Song titles include "It's Your Wedding Day," "Someday," "A Note From Linda," "Pop," "Somebody Kill Me," "A Note from Grandma," "Casualty of Love," "Come Out of the Dumpster," "Today You Are a Man," "George's Prayer," "Not That Kind of Thing," "Saturday Night in the City," "All About the Green," "Right in Front of Your Eyes," "Single," "If I Told You," "Let Me Come Home," "Move That Thang" and "Grow Old With You."

Masterworks Broadway released the show's original Broadway cast recording.

The current tour itinerary follows.

Aug. 28-Sept. 2 at the Phillips Center in Gainesville, FL
Sept. 4-9 at BJCC in Birmingham, AL
Sept. 11-23 at the Hippodrome in Baltimore, MD
Sept. 25-30 at the Orpheum in Minneapolis, MN
Oct. 3-14 at the Broward Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Oct. 16-21 at the Fox in Atlanta, GA
Oct. 23-28 at the Bob Carr PAC in Orlando, FL
Oct. 30-Nov. 4 at the Mahaffey Theater in St. Petersburg, FL
Nov. 6-11 at Times-Union in Jacksonville, FL
Nov. 13-18 at the Kentucky Center in Louisville, KY
Nov. 27-Dec. 2 at the INB Performing Arts Center in Spokane, WA
Jan. 8-13, 2008 at the Palace in Columbus, OH
Jan. 15-20 at Fox Cities PAC in Appleton, WI
Jan. 22-27 at Clowes Hall in Indianapolis, IN
Feb. 5-10 at NJPAC in Newark, NJ
Feb. 12-17 at the Orpheum in Memphis, TN
Feb. 19-24 at PPAC in Providence, RI
Feb. 26-March 2 at the Music Hall in Kansas City, MO
March 4-9 at the Belk Theatre in Charlotte, NC
March 11-23 at the Fox in St. Louis, MO
March 25-30 at the Progress Energy Center in Raleigh, NC
April 1-6 at the Barbara Mann PAH in Ft. Myers, FL
April 8-13 at the Benedum in Pittsburgh, PA
Aril 15-27 at the Music Hall in Dallas, TX
April 29-May 4 at the Majestic in San Antonio, TX
May 6-18 at the Hobby Center in Houston, TX
May 20-25 at the Gammage in Tempe, AZ
May 27-June 1 at the San Luis Obispo PAC in San Luis Obispo, CA
June 17-22 at the Bushnell in Hartford, CT

muscle23ftl
#64re: The Wedding Singer Tour
Posted: 8/8/07 at 11:29pm

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/110195.html

I must add, Robbie Hart is a cutie!

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#65re: The Wedding Singer Tour
Posted: 8/9/07 at 2:12am

I want to see it at NJPac in Feb!

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#66re: The Wedding Singer Tour
Posted: 8/9/07 at 6:32am

From the article, Robbie is really cute. Almost cuter than Lynch but lets hope he can carry a tune.

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#67re: The Wedding Singer Tour
Posted: 8/9/07 at 7:22am

only 1 CA date? In ESCONDIDO

not a good sign

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

Soozie
#68re: The Wedding Singer Tour
Posted: 8/9/07 at 8:41am

The person who plays Robbie can definitely carry a tune! My daughter was in a show with him in our homestate of Vermont and he is very good.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#69re: The Wedding Singer Tour
Posted: 8/9/07 at 9:51am

Sounds interesting. I think I might go see it at NJPAC.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#70re: The Wedding Singer Tour
Posted: 8/9/07 at 10:01am

If it's the same guy, I've totally worked on a cruise ship with Matthew Ragas. Good for him! Glad to hear he got cast. :)

broadwayboy1017
#71re: The Wedding Singer Tour
Posted: 8/9/07 at 2:22pm

why isnt it coming to boston??

muscle23ftl
#72re: The Wedding Singer Tour
Posted: 8/11/07 at 7:07pm

So, Erin Coors was the girl that played Barbie, she is very talented. Good casting!

xoffender45
#74re: The Wedding Singer Tour
Posted: 10/13/07 at 2:19am

OK, guys, I'm thinking about seeing this tomorrow in Ft Lauderdale. Anyone seen it yet? Opinions?

And, are there any discounts? I just ran into the "buy 1 get 1 free" coupon, but it's only for Tuesday-Thursday shows, and tomorrow is closing night..

Videos