Legally Blonde Rush

ElleWoods-Forest
#50re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 7/25/08 at 4:26pm

think what you want, but they never should have changed their policy after it started.

it was fine when it was 80 % capacity and they needed to fill their seats
but now that their at 91% they are going to be more selective and push the high school kids out. which is the very audience they should be looking to attract

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#51re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 7/25/08 at 5:06pm

Well most people disagreed with the change but it started months ago so most people have dealt with it and are frankly, tired of talking about it.

When they were not selling as well, people thought that it was silly since honestly 26.50 is better than nothing but now if the option is 26.50 vs. full price, clearly they're going to take the latter. Also I really doubt they aren't filling the seats as rush has been crazy.

Oh, they want high school students, but they want those people to go with their parents and families and pay full price.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#52re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/4/08 at 4:50pm

Has anyone tried the rush recently? How early should I get there on a Saturday morning.?

are they really checkin the date on the ID? Mine doesn't have a date.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#53re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/4/08 at 7:04pm

Can anyone answer about the ids?

Elphabatize Profile Photo
Elphabatize
#54re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/4/08 at 9:09pm

Well, when I rushed back in June, I got into the city (from Toronto) at 8am so it was still way too early to check into my hostel so I decided to get into the rush line. I got there around 8:30 and there were 6 people in front of me but by the time the box office opened at 10, the line was pretty long.

As for the IDs, they definitely check them. Mine had a date but it was pretty close to expiring so they wanted another piece of ID with my birthday on it to verify that I was under 25. Hope that helps.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#55re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/4/08 at 9:17pm

Do they accept high school IDs now, or still just college?

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#56re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/5/08 at 12:27am

I rushed last Thursday and they did not check dates for IDs. My college ID just has the name of the school, my picture and thats it. If I am not mistaken, I think the student rush sign listing the rules said you must present either a college or high school ID - so I think high school IDs are fine

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#57re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/5/08 at 12:32pm

Yes, they accept any type of school ID.

EDIT: I got rush two weeks ago and the guy came out and said "We now accept any type of school ID" as does the sign. I'm aware that they were only accepting college ID's for a while but I'm 100% sure that they accept any student ID now. Updated On: 9/5/08 at 12:32 PM

YoYo12345
#58re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/14/08 at 4:28am

When does the box office open on Saturdays and Sundays? Has anyone gone on Saturday recently and could inform of the time that they showed up & how many people were there?

Thanks!

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#59re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/15/08 at 3:07am

10am on Saturdays (and every other day of the week) and 12 noon on Sunday.

Zeitoujo
#60re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/15/08 at 7:51am

So now high school students can get rush tickets as well?

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#61re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/15/08 at 1:28pm

YES.

YoYo12345
#62re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/16/08 at 3:08am

thank you winter sky! love the pic as well!

Zeitoujo
#63re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/16/08 at 7:59am

:) yay!

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

ejgirls89
#64re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/16/08 at 8:24am

my student ID has my college on it, a photo, and the date 5/11 (when i graduate) is this legit enough? or can i show them my license as well to prove im 19?

--jen--

Jess03187 Profile Photo
Jess03187
#65re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/27/08 at 5:06pm

So since the news broke that Legally Blonde was closing I was wondering if anyone has rushed the show. I am going Wednesday since sadly I can not find someone to go with me to the last day and I must see it one more time lol but I was wondering if I got there around 8 am would still be OK. I know that in the past I have gotten there at 8 and got tickets but I didn't know if since the show is closing it would be harder to get.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#66re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 9/27/08 at 6:10pm

Any ID worked as of September 13th.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

HollyImposter
#67re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 10/15/08 at 10:51am

Does anyone know if they are selling the rush tickets like they did for Laura Bell's last show for the closing night?

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#68re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 10/15/08 at 10:52am

No, they will not have rush for closing night.

DramaQueen700 Profile Photo
DramaQueen700
#69re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:33pm

What about the 2pm matinee that day. Will they have rush for that?

"The Light in the Piazza....My Love"

Videos