pixeltracker

"Tale" Closing 16 November- Page 3

"Tale" Closing 16 November

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#50re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 11:32pm

This is not going to be a normal tourist season

Add to that, the generally slow months (Jan/Feb?March) will be brutal this year as tourist will not be flocking here do the resurgence of the dollar.

Look for more closings right before or after the new year. With that sobering news, time to turn in for the night. Pleasant dreams to one & all.

Poster Emeritus

massofmen
#51re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 11:41pm

michael hayward jones? is that the actor you are talking about?
the visit will not come to broadway in these economic times.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#52re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 12:43am

Wow. Winston and Mr Roxy in one thread.

Too much to handle.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#53re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 12:44am

What a damn shame. It was a solid, good show that did NOT get the credit it deserved and I, for one, am happy to have experienced it and upset that I will not get the chance to again.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#54re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 12:49am

But wait, the theatre was full every single night, the guy at the BO assured me that no one was papered, the show is doing so well, how could this happen?!!!!!

Finally! What took them so long? Tony nominations? Doubt it.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

gcal
#55re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 1:18am

A Tale of Two SH*Tties:
It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.

pharmer2000 Profile Photo
pharmer2000
#56re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 1:26am

I will be at the closing performance. I really enjoyed this show and am glad to have shown my support during its all too short run.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#57re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 2:51am

To nobody's surprise, I'm a fan of the show. I thought it was a lovely evening out. Bittersweet, I suppose. Here's to a successful last 2 weeks on the boards. Jill, wherever it is you are, we love you (and) can't wait for your next project! This leaves me wondering what'll take my favorite B'way house...

Let the guessing game begin! re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#58re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 5:50am

^She's probably reading this thread. The score shows a lot of promise and I hope if she has indeed begun a new project it is even more successful than this.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#59re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 6:44am

Personally, I think the score is wonderful. Just my .02

Mattbrain
#60re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 7:15am

"Hey, Mattbrain! At least now that Tale is closing, James Barbour will be free to play you in BWW the Musical!"

Totally!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

kooky
#61re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 8:14am

Oh Rats! TOOOOOOO bad for everyone involved!

SillySara Profile Photo
SillySara
#62re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 9:42am

Was there with Testing last night. My 5th time at the show and it honestly just was getting better and better everytime. The score continues to move me and every show I attended I was getting something new out of it. When Barbour made the announcement last night and to see Natalie Toro so shaken up, it was heart breaking.

To all those involved in the show...thank you!

Now if only we could have a cast recording to look foward to. What a shame it will be if this amazing score is not documented for all to enjoy.

Testing1232
#63re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 10:05am

Agree Sara ... really an extremely nice cast !!! Best of luck to all involved !

AntonEgo
#64re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 10:07am

Just out of curiosity, and this may be a dumb question, but I don't know enough about the producing side of theatre, does it benefit anyone to close on the 16th as opposed to after Thanksgiving? There are so many tourists in New York for Thanksgiving, so it seems like a good time for shows to make money.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#65re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 10:12am

AntonEgo, That was what I was trying to say when I spoke about how the tourist season is right around the Corner.I know Mr. Roxy had said that this isn't going to be a normal tourist season. And I think he is right to a degree. Yes, this isn't going to be a normal tourist season as far as international tourists go. But there are always a huge bunch of tourists from other states who come to visit NYC during Thanksgiving/Holiday time.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Testing1232
#66re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 10:13am

Their numbers have been so poor for weeks, and I dont think they saw a light at the end of the tunnel, even with the holidays approaching. Barbour did mention the recession having an impact on all of Broadway.

Poppy
#67re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 12:04pm

The grosses were down for practically every show last week. I guess it is 'the worst of times' on Broadway. I was heartbroken when I read the announcement late last night. I really enjoyed the show and planned to see again before the holidays. The cast and the producers and Jill are such darn nice (and talented) people. I wish each one the best in their future endeavors. (James Barbour, I hope the Frank Wilhorn project pans out for you.) The news really killed my happiness over the results of the election. By the way, did anyone notice how pissed off the Palins looked last night? Get over it, Sarah!!!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#68re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 1:54pm

I just went to the box office to buy two tickets for Sunday, November 16th. I said to the guy "i want to buy two tickets for the final performance on November 16th." He responded and said he didn't want to sell me a ticket for November 16th because they might be closing THIS Sunday, November 9th. Yikes!!

Then I ran into Brandi Burkhardt and told her how sorry I was that the show is closing and that I will definitely be attending the final performance...now I just have to figure out if it's going to be this Sunday or next Sunday!

Anna_Elizabeth Profile Photo
Anna_Elizabeth
#69re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 3:20pm

I'll actually be in town on vacation and got a ticket for Nov. 16th. I was going to see it anyways, but now it will be a different type of energy happening onstage.

Testing1232
#70re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 3:32pm

Telecharge still selling thru 16th, but being there last night, would not be surprised if they cut it a week short, Wat.

Wife is going tonight.. will try and get a definitive.

MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
#71re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 3:49pm

The sooner it goes the better. Broadway doesn't want to be remembered for mind numbing crap like this.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#72re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 4:00pm

I am sure a show like this will be very popular around the country for summer stock, smaller theater and the such.....

If you don't have the stage for Les Miz you can probably get away with this show.... of course, they should do Pimpernel if they want a good show

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Yankeefan007
#73re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 4:23pm

Well, it actually made it to NY, so I owe somebody a beer.

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#74re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/5/08 at 4:25pm

I BETTER NOT CLOSE THIS SUNDAY!!!!!

Videos